Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes right all AWD. Red exterior + white interior AWD for $36k with literally low low mileage... sign me up. Mostly returns, showroom or demo drive models.

I am sure these might have some use marks and stuff, but everything is fixable for low price since these won’t have any major issues per se.

I didn't see those in my area. I would have snagged that red with white last night if I saw it. Damn

I didn't see those in my area. I would have snagged that red with white last night if I saw it. Damn

There were atleast 15 LR AWD + 10 SR/LR RWD available at 2am on East Coast for less than $40k. I have like 10 service centers within my 200 mile radius. The red one was with white interior as well. That’s like $3k right there on top of ridiculous discounts.

Crazy deals. Too bad I picked up P3D- last week and can’t return. No Performance in my area though. Anyways happy for whoever got it. Man I couldn’t call my friends at 2am and convince them to buy especially ones on the fence. There were like Honda Accord and Toyota Camry prices.

Reactions: Scott7 and Mr X
Ordered a LR AWD in MSM with 19s and FSD on 8/11 then after much debate knew I wanted the performance option. Got matched to a P3D- in MSM with white interior, 19s, and FSD. Still about 4k cheaper than just going straight performance so I pulled the trigger. Take delivery at Costa Mesa on Sunday so only had to wait 7 days to get my Tesla. Pretty excited
Congratulations!

I've had my car for ten days. I knew I was going to love the vehicle, as I've read everything I could find about them, and watched hours and hours of YouTube videos as well.

But I had no idea that I was going to love it as much as I do. I didn't know it was possible for a car to bring this much excitement and enjoyment to the lives of myself, my wife, my daughter, and my son.

My son is 17. He's lived with a pain disorder for the last 8 years. The Tesla has actually gotten him out of the house (other than for medical appointments) for the first time in 7 years. He's light sensitive, so we go out at night. I've even started teaching him how to drive! For the time that we're out of the house and in the car, he manages to forget about his pain, get excited about something, and enjoy life. You can't put a price tag on that.

One day when I picked up my daughter from school (she's 12), she was walking out with her friends, and I heard her say, "Oh, it's Dad... and he's driving that car I was telling you about! Come look at it!" Next thing I know, I have a bunch of 12 year old girls crawling all over the car. The mother of one of the girls was walking with the group, and she asked me about every question possible about the car. I honestly think I (with a lot of help from my daughter) sold a Model 3 last week. :)

I hope your Model 3 brings as much happiness to your family as it has to ours.

There were atleast 15 LR AWD + 10 SR/LR RWD available at 2am on East Coast for less than $40k. I have like 10 service centers within my 200 mile radius. The red one was with white interior as well. That’s like $3k right there on top of ridiculous discounts.

Crazy deals. Too bad I picked up P3D- last week and can’t return. No Performance in my area though. Anyways happy for whoever got it. Man I couldn’t call my friends at 2am and convince them to buy especially ones on the fence. There were like Honda Accord and Toyota Camry prices.

Ya, I was going crazy last night in my house. I don't know when I'm going to get over those prices

Almost jumped on a SR+ for $33,200 but decided to pass since LR AWD's were in the same price range. If only there was a LR AWD with White Interior in my area, I would have got it regardless of color and then get it wrapped

airmike said:
Hoping you guys can help with some guidance here. How do I go about ordering? I asked my local OA about ordering a P3D- with 19" wheels and she was clueless. She just kept referring back to the website to order from there.

TAKE MY MONEY! I'm ready to pull the trigger, just need to understand how to get the vehicle found and deposit placed.

I'm located in Colorado if anyone has a recommended contact in the state.

Thank you all in advance!

QUOTE="willw64, post: 3908670, member: 108373"]Ask for Stuart in the Littleton location. He found one for us in Utah and I had it a week later at no extra charge for transporting to Colorado.

If you want pm me, and I will pass on his contact information.[/QUOTE]

What willw64 said. Stuart at Littleton, CO did a national search and found us quite a few PD3- vehicles, including a 7/2019 PD3- with the configuration we were looking for and at a location I can access for pickup. Delivery would have been $1000 if greater than 200 miles because these are inventory vehicles, not orders. As others have said we cannot ourselves search the inventory for PD3- vehicles. I know this for a fact because when Stuart sent me links to the vehicles I was considering my search of inventory at the known locations came up blank. In fact, my searches found no PD3- vehicles anywhere, not even where I knew these vehicles to be located. Stealth indeed.........

That's great. I guess that's different than ordering new, where Tesla is trying to simplify the process, thus not wanting to deal with price changes.

You'll know if the display shows the Dual Motor with the red underline. Otherwise, acceleration is your only way to know. And it won't be the "real deal" performance because it will lack track mode, but since not everyone uses track mode, you'll be fine. The 18s will get you close to the 20s in straightline acceleration, but will lag in cornering and possibly stopping.
Are you sure the display shows Dual Motor with the red underline? I just picked up my P- and it just says Dual Motor in the display, but the badging on the boot lid has the red underline. Still not sure whether mine has the 0-60 of 3.2 secs. No track mode either but the tytres are Michelin Pilot Sport 4 (not 4S).

Any thoughts?

The display should have the redline underline for a performance car.

Suggest you confirm which rear motor you have by looking at the back of the rear wheel. Should see the label for 980 or 990.
This.

@rontheman There have been quite a few reports of guys getting P3D- cars that initially didn't have the Performance software. Keep you car parked in a place where it gets a strong WiFi signal at night. Give it a couple of nights. After that, if it still doesn't have the red underline and Track Mode, you need to call Tesla.

As it sits right now, your car is *not* a Performance model.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JasonR67 and jebinc
Are you sure the display shows Dual Motor with the red underline? I just picked up my P- and it just says Dual Motor in the display, but the badging on the boot lid has the red underline. Still not sure whether mine has the 0-60 of 3.2 secs. No track mode either but the tytres are Michelin Pilot Sport 4 (not 4S).

Any thoughts?

As mentioned, a software update should change the settings to enable Performance.

This is from my 3-4 week old US m3p-
E549FE99-D3FB-4DCE-A75D-BBA426C98146.jpeg

The display should have the redline underline for a performance car.

Suggest you confirm which rear motor you have by looking at the back of the rear wheel. Should see the label for 980 or 990.
There have been NO reports of anyone buying a Performance that Tesla did not or could not flash to Performance. No need for paranoia about drive unit.

Reactions: MagnusMako
Rontheman - Sorry if my post about checking the number caused any paranoia.

It was actually meant to ease your concerns. If the 980 is there you should be ok if it’s 990 your car would be the first performance car found with that number.

I also noticed that you are in the UK and stated that your car came with different tires than we get in the USA. What size wheels do you have?

As others have stated, a WiFi update can make the performance setup available. The Track mode will be a part of that update but will be grayed out until your car is in park with your foot on the brake.

Rontheman - Sorry if my post about checking the number caused any paranoia.

It was actually meant to ease your concerns. If the 980 is there you should be ok if it’s 990 your car would be the first performance car found with that number.

I also noticed that you are in the UK and stated that your car came with different tires than we get in the USA. What size wheels do you have?

As others have stated, a WiFi update can make the performance setup available. The Track mode will be a part of that update but will be grayed out until your car is in park with your foot on the brake.
18” aero wheels. I wonder whether only the P- gets the Pilot Sport 4 tyres on the 18” aero wheels in the UK rather than the MXM4 on the dual motor LR.

No paranoia and appreciate your helpful advice. I will contact the service centre to find out Re the performance software.

Finally brought mine home yesterday. Black is much nicer in person on this car than in photos and I’m actually happy I got stuck with it. Last one in Canada apparently, at least until they make more. The white interior, well you just have to see it in person. Unreal! Felt noticeably cooler in direct sun on my drive home, too.

No ugly surprises with delivery, everything worked, car was charged for my drive home and what a bliss autopilot was in traffic. It was rushed but they were delivering a lot of cars yesterday, I’m familiar with it and had kids to juggle anyway so I didn’t mind. No real problems with the car, only figment issue I have is with my c-pillar interior pieces but it’s minor and I’m not sure if worth it to have the car poked around with.

My oldest daughter was infatuated with fart mode and I haven’t even shown her the arcade Easter egg because she’d never leave the car.

Car was delivered with 28.2 and already waiting to update to 28.3. I don’t know anything about this part of the experience so I’ll be reading up.

Excited to begin ownership.

Attachments

• 5EDD17F0-9622-4982-84F0-3713C6376C8E.jpeg
    5EDD17F0-9622-4982-84F0-3713C6376C8E.jpeg
    714.3 KB · Views: 118
Finally brought mine home yesterday. Black is much nicer in person on this car than in photos and I’m actually happy I got stuck with it. Last one in Canada apparently, at least until they make more. The white interior, well you just have to see it in person. Unreal! Felt noticeably cooler in direct sun on my drive home, too.

No ugly surprises with delivery, everything worked, car was charged for my drive home and what a bliss autopilot was in traffic. It was rushed but they were delivering a lot of cars yesterday, I’m familiar with it and had kids to juggle anyway so I didn’t mind. No real problems with the car, only figment issue I have is with my c-pillar interior pieces but it’s minor and I’m not sure if worth it to have the car poked around with.

My oldest daughter was infatuated with fart mode and I haven’t even shown her the arcade Easter egg because she’d never leave the car.

Car was delivered with 28.2 and already waiting to update to 28.3. I don’t know anything about this part of the experience so I’ll be reading up.

Excited to begin ownership.
Also some data points: performance with red underline was installed prior to delivery, track mode included with additional warning label, 980 rear drive unit, averaged what I think was very good range on the 2h drive home but I don’t know how to check yet.

Also some data points: performance with red underline was installed prior to delivery, track mode included with additional warning label, 980 rear drive unit, averaged what I think was very good range on the 2h drive home but I don’t know how to check yet.

If you swipe right in the bottom area where the wiper icon is you can see usage for the current drive, since last charge, and 2 trip counters (this last one is just like traditional ICE cars).

For a cool graph, tap on the up-arrowy thing on the bottom of the screen, and tap on the energy icon.