Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

map updates!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you call your service center (not the 24 hr corporate number), they can look to see what version of maps you have and put in a request to have an update pushed to you. I did this on a Friday and had the new maps the following Tuesday. The maps that came with the car were missing local roads that have been around for several years. The update has them. Much improved...!

Thanks for rubbing it in...:biggrin:

Really? It's still rolling out? I got my map update, along with the confirmation dialog on the screen last summer some time. To be honest, I didn't notice any difference and there are still some "errors" in my neck of the woods. Mainly intersections that have been converted to roundabouts, although some of the newer roundabouts were showing even before the update.

My maps were finally updated this last December but I never initiated an update or received a confirmation, my wife claims she "didn't touch anything" so its a mystery to me how the update occurred. like many others I find Nav to be lacking in basic feateres & unrealiable so I still use Waze or Google maps.

My maps were finally updated this last December but I never initiated an update or received a confirmation, my wife claims she "didn't touch anything" so its a mystery to me how the update occurred.

Same here. I just got into the car after work one day and there was a dialog box on the 17" saying the maps had been updated with an "OK" button. Some had said you had to be on WiFi but my car was on 3G all that day.

My update hasn't arrived yet, either. Despite the new Musial bridge carrying I-70 over the Mississippi River opening early last year, the car still insists on thinking I'm swimming in the river and keeps trying to tell me to turn on surface streets that cannot be turned upon. Google traffic shows the traffic paths over the river, the bridge is visible in the photos, but the nav system is horribly confused.

I'll know I've been updated when it tells me to use that bridge. :)

Maybe you got it and never noticed... or didn't get the dialog box confirming it. Is there any way to tell what rev of the maps you're on?

Possible, but I've been on the lookout for the update dialog.

I've asked about determining map DB revision, but the consensus seems to be that there's no way to tell. Several months after the initial updates apparently started I drove an area that my existing maps were out of date for, and had seen no improvement... but that's obviously just anecdotal evidence...

I think you all are just toying with me...:frown:

I think you all are just toying with me...:frown:

I got the update box popup that starts with "Congratulations!", took a photo because it was so exciting, noted it says nothing about what version it is, and pushed the blue OK button. But optimistically, don't you think our seven years of free map updates should start with the first update?

So a few weeks ago I called Tesla because my S60 hadn't gotten the new maps. The nice technician that I talked to looked at the logs and explained that the car tried to download the update months earlier, something failed, and then the update got "stuck" and was never re-initiated again. He manually triggered it and 12h later I had the new maps.
So if you still haven't gotten them, it might be worth giving Tesla a call.

So a few weeks ago I called Tesla because my S60 hadn't gotten the new maps. The nice technician that I talked to looked at the logs and explained that the car tried to download the update months earlier, something failed, and then the update got "stuck" and was never re-initiated again. He manually triggered it and 12h later I had the new maps.
So if you still haven't gotten them, it might be worth giving Tesla a call.

Hmm... I have a service appt in a couple of weeks.. maybe I'll see about that then...

Thanks.

I received an answer back from Tesla that my car does indeed have the latest maps. It's a shame that the "latest maps" don't include the Stan Musial bridge that opened February 9, 2014.