Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Marina del Rey CA-Delivery Location - QC wait times - Aug 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds positive... I called MDR about 20 minutes ago and the girl was so confused she told me my car was still at the factory and then changed it to Burbank... No update re inspection... I thanked her and asked that a Manager call me back as someone needs to tell me the straight facts re the car. They need to call Burbank and get a timeline.. They have my $$, at least most of it, and I need facts... I hope they do return my call as promised..

What’s the number for MDR?

Sounds positive... I called MDR about 20 minutes ago and the girl was so confused she told me my car was still at the factory and then changed it to Burbank... No update re inspection... I thanked her and asked that a Manager call me back as someone needs to tell me the straight facts re the car. They need to call Burbank and get a timeline.. They have my $$, at least most of it, and I need facts... I hope they do return my call as promised..

Please let me know how this goes. I'm going to keep calling every single day til I get an update. They're going to hate having to hear my voice everyday until my car is delivered. Been two weeks since I was supposed to take delivery. I'm getting really fed up with this.

Please let me know how this goes. I'm going to keep calling every single day til I get an update. They're going to hate having to hear my voice everyday until my car is delivered. Been two weeks since I was supposed to take delivery. I'm getting really fed up with this.

I did receive a return call (voice mail) with no additional info. I also spoke with my DS, in Las Vegas,who sounded very forthright about this just being inspections at this time and if there was an issue she would certainly share it with me. She claimed that they are not delivering cars at MDR unless they have received this QC check and due to the heavy volume they are backed up in Burbank.. She wa going to try to reach out to them in an effort to get some sort of timeline but I have not heard back from her yet... She will be one of my now usual early calls.. and then again calling MDR..

Frustrating...

So I had some movement yesterday. I decided to give MDR a call again and this time the rep on the phone asked me for my VIN instead of just my name (which is what they had previously used to look me up). Thankfully I had that info, so I shared it. He said "your car is ready to go into final QC inspection. Your ISA should be able to schedule a date for you." This of course caused me to get extremely excited so I immediately called my ISA. She didn't pick up, so after a couple of hours I decided to email her. Within about another hour she called me back (from a blocked #, not the usual 702 one she usually rang from) and we scheduled delivery for Aug 23rd (this Thursday). She also gave me like 4 time slots in the morning and 4 in the afternoon so it was pretty obvious that they aren't that slammed on the delivery floor. Maybe they're just slammed on transferring from the Burbank airpot lot to the delivery center? Idk.

I'm seriously starting to consider that they lost my car. Multiple reps have told me it's left Fremont. Multiple reps have told me it's not in Burbank/MDR...

There's a 10-12 day gap now between these 2 conflicting statements. It's what? 5.5 hours according to google between the 2 via the speed limit? ;P

Someone turn on the damned GPS on the car and check where the trucker is on vacation.

I'm seriously starting to consider that they lost my car. Multiple reps have told me it's left Fremont. Multiple reps have told me it's not in Burbank/MDR...

There's a 10-12 day gap now between these 2 conflicting statements. It's what? 5.5 hours according to google between the 2 via the speed limit? ;P

Someone turn on the damned GPS on the car and check where the trucker is on vacation.

I would call the delivery center and speak to someone. They should be able to ping your car and give you the location. You might have to find a rep that is willing to do that for you.

I thought the same thing, but finally Gianni at MDR, sorry he is off today, found the true location, Fremont, and it is finally on its way.. Rescheduled delivery appointment on Sunday.. Try calling him tomorrow and ask to be bump to priority..

Picking up my AWD today at 6pm at Marina Del Rey delivery center. It's been a bit of a roller-coaster. Last week, delivery representative called and gave me a delivery appointment for Wed Aug 22 (yesterday). The day before, MDR called and said they need to reschedule it for a yet-unknown date because they are "setting a very high bar" for "quality" and are making sure all cars go through a rigorous inspection. Then, the next day they called and said the car was ready for pick-up the very next day. So, first appt: Aug 22. Cancelled without new date. Next day got a call and had appt for Aug 23 at 6pm.

I was super bummed when they cancelled the first appointment, but I was OK with it b/c I was getting super anxious about all the fit and finish issues that people kept posting about (especially out of MDR) and seriously didn't want to have to reject it or get a service ticket to go drop it off for who knows how long.

FINGERS CROSSED!!!

June 27: Email invite to order

July 5: Placed Order for AWD, Red, Black interior, 19" wheels, enhanced-auto pilot.

July 5: Given delivery time-frame of Oct-Dec 2018

Mid-July: Window automatically updated to Sept-Nov 2018

Aug 15: Email from delivery rep saying car is "almost ready"

Aug 16-17: finalized financing and trade-in w rep

Aug 17: Got my first delivery appointment for Aug 22 at 10 a.m.

Aug 23: Picking up today!

So I just called MDR since my IDA never got back to me. Apparently, my second car failed inspection and they're trying to find one that matches (probably one that also failed inspection, but got fixed). I really don't think it's their fault that fremont screwed up sending a giant batch of bunk ass cars to LA.

So I just called MDR since my IDA never got back to me. Apparently, my second car failed inspection and they're trying to find one that matches (probably one that also failed inspection, but got fixed). I really don't think it's their fault that fremont screwed up sending a giant batch of bunk ass cars to LA.

YIKES! Do we know what batch of VINs these reject/failed inspection cars are in? Or is it scattered? When MDR called to cancel my appointment and said it could be weeks, I was afraid they were going to give me a different car (one that had been rejected but fixed). But I asked them to confirm the VIN and it had been the one that I was assigned by my IDA.