Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Marked up resale model 3s showing up on eBay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't see that they had AP. I didn't do AP or FSD. My base price was $51,500. Destination fee was $925. Documentation fee was $75. Sales tax was $4856.25. License, registration and tire fee was $452. Grand total was $57808.25
Right, so the latest listing discussed was from previous page:
This one just sold for a bit less than $65K ... 2017 Tesla MODEL 3 Premium Long Range | eBay
That one includes EAP as well. Considering your taxes and registration are ~$5.3k, theirs was higher, so total cost $63k+, so the markup is less than $2K. Minus ebay fees. Hardly worth it to mess with the flipping. In 1-2mo it will probably be a thing of the past. I'm guessing people will still be able to sell their reservation for 1k, since it gives buyer an option to get exactly what you need, but people selling cars could be doing it to break even when they didn't like the firm ride.

Last edited:
That ad claims the car has full self-driving capability. Of course that's not true. It's just got the FSD feature pre-paid for whenever it becomes available. Assuming anything else in the ad is true. I'm always wary when there's one lie there may be others.

"Full Self-Driving Capability" is precisely how it's worded on my MVPA, for what that's worth. Which is $3,000 I guess ;)

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler