Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Market politics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has no authority to do this. So naturally, I expect every GOP lick-spittle to come out aggressively in support of him.

Just remember that they are lying. And they are afraid.

This sort of move does not come from a position of strength. They know how weak they are and resort to these anti-democratic tactics - along with their traditional playbook of voter suppression - because the overwhelming majority of Americans do not support them.

Maybe the more appropriate question should be: Do you think Trump fighting to delay the elections and, failing that, constantly claiming that the elections are fixed and refusing to accept a loss would help or hurt Tesla?
Agreed that this is the correct question. It is important to remember that the President does not have the authority to do this. That authority rests with Congress (granted in Article One, Section 4, Clause One of the Constitution, exercised in 3 USC 1: the election shall be “on the Tuesday next after the first Monday in November, in every fourth year.“ ).

Also important to be clear that the supposed rationale of voter fraud is baseless and not supported by any evidence: e.g. this explainer

Last edited:
He has no authority to do this. So naturally, I expect every GOP lick-spittle to come out aggressively in support of him.

Just remember that they are lying. And they are afraid.

This sort of move does not come from a position of strength. They know how weak they are and resort to these anti-democratic tactics - along with their traditional playbook of voter suppression - because the overwhelming majority of Americans do not support them.

'overwhelming majority' ?

Unfortunately not.
FiveThirtyEight

The Latest Presidential Poll Averages
50.0% Biden
41.7% Trump

How popular is Donald Trump?
55.6% Disapprove
40.5% Approve

The idea of elevating Trump to king-for-life was one of the most genius project management ideas in the history of human civilization. I vote we keep it on the table just in case things get wild this fall/winter.

This trainwreck getting worse and worse is clearly great for TSLA. Should be a blue wave followed by renewables stimulus galore.

Reactions: MitchMitch
If Trump loses and tries to contest the election result as fraudulent, the Republican party won't support him.

I really, REALLY want to believe this! The congressional hearings on the impeachment trial, sadly, make me a bit pessimistic when it comes to how far some of the Republicans are willing to go to support Trump.

The idea of elevating Trump to king-for-life was one of the most genius project management ideas in the history of human civilization. I vote we keep it on the table just in case things get wild this fall/winter.

This trainwreck getting worse and worse is clearly great for TSLA. Should be a blue wave followed by renewables stimulus galore.
OT: The talk of a blue have is overblown. Things will tighten up a bit by November 3rd. For better or worse, that it's how it works.

Just adding some realism.

I really, REALLY want to believe this! The congressional hearings on the impeachment trial, sadly, make me a bit pessimistic when it comes to how far some of the Republicans are willing to go to support Trump.
For their party, there is life and accountability after November. Trump doesn't give a care. In fact, he wants everything to crumble after he's gone just to prove a point.

• Disagree
Reactions: Noel1987 and jhm
Status
Not open for further replies.