Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Market politics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you haven't learnt that accusations and name calling don't change minds. And this kind of attitude is exactly why Trump is in the white house now.

From where I’m sitting THE problem bothering the common man is global warming.

You mean that car that’s been poisoning them and this planet for a century?

So yeah, find a way to make it work as soon as you can.

I guess you haven't learnt that accusations and name calling don't change minds. And this kind of attitude is exactly why Trump is in the white house now.

And I guess reading and comprehension isn’t one of your talents in life, as I clearly didn’t make any accusations or name call. I’m also not responsible for how others vote. I’m responsible for my vote and I didn’t throw it his way.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
If you believe that to be the truth, then it must apply to the journalists and news people themselves and the population as a whole. In which case, either they are stopped by the 30% from spewing the crap that they do or we might as well curl up into balls and die.

I'm not sure there's any evidence that the 30% has ever been able to stop it though. That's the problem we face.

Wow, I thought we were the only country helping kill ourselves. A quick google shows this opioid sales job has hit Europe now also. Hopefully we’re cresting here but we’re 67,000 deaths in 2017 in USA alone. Taking more than 3 days can permanently change brain chemistry. Statistics aren’t great, but probably over 500,000 deaths in USA since 2010. This is a supplier issue. They have sold pain treatment as a hunan rights issue and encouraged doctors and nurses to use opioids where Tylenol and other pain killers are as effective. 15% of people are addicted on the first use.
Sorry for off track.
This last number is, by the way, complete bullshit and a paranoid hysterical drug scare as bad as "reefer madness".

The pharma companies and doctors are to blame. But the reefer madness overreaction is dangerous and is going to torture people who need painkillers if it is not stopped.

Opioids are literally the only class of painkillers known to be safe for long term use for chronic pain. it is critical to keep them available. Tylenol will kill you after about 20 years, ibuprofen will destroy your stomach, and so on. Opioids used properly do not generate tolerance and are safe forever -- over 70 years even.

Doctors don't know how to prescribe them, so they are being misprescribed and this is causing addiction, but nobody is "addicted on first use" to normal medical opioids-- that's nonsense. Heroin or some of the fast acting ones, maybe, but not normal slow acting opioids.

For those who don't know, the key is that you never take enough opioid to be pain free. Just take the edge off of severe pain so you can get through the day. As long as you still feel the pain, no tolerance develops, there is no high, and the chance of addiction is far less than coffee.

MS patients figured this out and shared it with each other. Unfortunately doctors over prescribe... They apparently don't give their patients that key warning... Never be pain free.

I think they call it something else there.
View attachment 303365
Fentanyl is a bad product. It was specifically designed to be fast acting, which means the blood concentratiomspikes higher, which makes it much easier to take too much and get high.

Opiates are slow acting. Typically take half an hour to an hour to kick in. This is fine for their proper use. Tell the patient it takes a while to kick in, give them advil or Tylenol in the meantime until the first dose kicks in. Start low because the goal is to take the edge off pain, and it is important to never be pain free.

but we CANNOT accept the minority running roughshod over the majority. Which is going on right now. It is undemocratic.

That is not what we have now.

Abolitioning equal representation in the Senate means Urban America running roughshod over Rural America.

And eventually having armed rebellions in "outlying provinces" like so many unitary states.

Forcing future Presidents to spend a year in New Hampshire and Iowa is good thing.

Otherwise they would spend a year in New York City and Los Angeles.

I say that as a lifelong Angeleno.

That is not what we have now.

Abolitioning equal representation in the Senate means Urban America running roughshod over Rural America.

And eventually having armed rebellions in "outlying provinces" like so many unitary states.

Forcing future Presidents to spend a year in New Hampshire and Iowa is good thing.

Otherwise they would spend a year in New York City and Los Angeles.

I say that as a lifelong Angeleno.
You are dead wrong, and I say that as a lifelong resident of RURAL New York. I guess as an urban resident you don't realize that the propaganda about the Senate guaranteeing a voice for rural areas is... Basically a lie.

The Senate is just stupid. It does not represent rural areas in any real sense. I remain unrepresented.

Reactions: AZRI11 and JRP3
This last number is, by the way, complete bullshit and a paranoid hysterical drug scare as bad as "reefer madness".

The pharma companies and doctors are to blame. But the reefer madness overreaction is dangerous and is going to torture people who need painkillers if it is not stopped.

Opioids are literally the only class of painkillers known to be safe for long term use for chronic pain. it is critical to keep them available. Tylenol will kill you after about 20 years, ibuprofen will destroy your stomach, and so on. Opioids used properly do not generate tolerance and are safe forever -- over 70 years even.

Doctors don't know how to prescribe them, so they are being misprescribed and this is causing addiction, but nobody is "addicted on first use" to normal medical opioids-- that's nonsense. Heroin or some of the fast acting ones, maybe, but not normal slow acting opioids.

For those who don't know, the key is that you never take enough opioid to be pain free. Just take the edge off of severe pain so you can get through the day. As long as you still feel the pain, no tolerance develops, there is no high, and the chance of addiction is far less than coffee.

MS patients figured this out and shared it with each other. Unfortunately doctors over prescribe... They apparently don't give their patients that key warning... Never be pain free.
I respectfully disagree. My father in law is a doc and he’s seen the pharmacy industry sell the morality of pain avoidance. A friend was killed by a nurse who gave him an opioid following sleep apnea surgery. It will cause you to peacefully suffocate. That’s a corner case and a small chunk of the problem. All morphine drugs are addictive. Some people may be less inclined to addiction, but it is still highly addictive. Almost 70,000 deaths from morphine/heroine/opioids were reported last year. Canabis based drips are frequently more effective and avoid addictive attributes. Other drugs like Tylenol are often more effective in treating pain and inflammation, which can help healing. Knowing people with chronic pain I have sympathy, but unless it is end of life care opioids are very dangerous. Nearly 15% of users are addicted after a single use. Prescription controls are slowing its use, but deaths are likely to climb another 3 years.
I’m sure neither of us will change each other’s minds. I don’t believe opioids should be banned, i think there are almost always alternatives and use should require a second consulting physician to authorize and explain why alternatives are not possible.

Regards

Dave

• Helpful
Semantics can get in the way. However most people know when they are being obtuse or disingenuous.
It is always nice to have a discussion with someone with a different view point....not so much with people that constantly "move the goal post's"

I hope that the Kelly Ann Conway's of the world are short lived...I fear they will not be.
C24pqgsUsAAjKK9.jpg

i.e.,

"The holier-than-thou hypocrisy of big media companies who lay claim to the truth, but publish only enough to sugarcoat the lie, is why the public no longer respects them"

Elon Musk on Twitter
To be fair to the media, they do have to wrestle with some pretty dark forces. Consider what Anderson Cooper is up against. Warning: satire, horror and graphic violence may not be suitable for some viewers.

I sent a modified version of this to my favorite veterans, family and close friends, but as there is a reference to a brand new investment opportunity in superfoods, I include it here.

There is a Vote Vets comment excoriating Trump's tweet this day piggybacking the memory of veterans' ultimate sacrifice for his own aggrandizement.

VoteVets (@votevets) | Twitter

Those who live by twitter can die by twitter. Since I don't tweet I can only use an earlier method to mock those who cannot see the emperor has no clothes. Besides, the power of the farce is strong in me.

Lest you weep too much today, there is a real laugh and some comfort for those of us sensitive to the poor and downtrodden, as well as those investors thinking about a superfood play. Did you know of the health benefits of cockroach milk?

Since we recently received a care package from my wife's folks in Thailand which did not have a package of dried or fried crickets and at an effort of seduction I once received thanks from a Thai woman for a present of fried grubs, the idea of eating insect products is not foreign to our household. My initial suspicion the milk was produced directly from dead cockroach bodies through advanced western chemical technology proved wrong on further reading. (The urge to cut out middlemen for profit is also strong in me.) A species of this insect in Hawaii actually produces milk as nourishment for its young after hatching.

Unfortunately for those who forever look for investment opportunities, the cost of commercial application seems prohibitive. Can you imagine the difficulty of farming such small nipples? Or, as a Trump-minded male cockroach might say, "get a gander at those great knockers--er, knickers--er whatever!"

Read and enjoy only if necessary.

Cockroach Milk Has More Protein And Nutrients Than Regular Milk: The Next Superfood Trend?

Status
Not open for further replies.