Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massachusetts Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's your current status? My car has been stuck at the railyard in NJ, I assume yours might be in the same situation. I have the same 9/6-9/10 EDD now because my first two delivery appointments were canceled on 9/2 and 9/4.
I just called Tesla. My window was 9/6-9/10. SA said it was in NJ and would be put on the truck for Norwell later today. My EDD just updated to 9/10-9/12. I haven't been able to make a delivery appointment yet.

I just called Tesla. My window was 9/6-9/10. SA said it was in NJ and would be put on the truck for Norwell later today. My EDD just updated to 9/10-9/12. I haven't been able to make a delivery appointment yet.
Nice - that was my window too but Tesla said my car was part of the rail yard issue, and they had no info at all. I guess if your SA can see that your car is being loaded on to a truck, you're out of the railyard fiasco and maybe the floodgates are opening up now.

Nice - that was my window too but Tesla said my car was part of the rail yard issue, and they had no info at all. I guess if your SA can see that your car is being loaded on to a truck, you're out of the railyard fiasco and maybe the floodgates are opening up now.
Yeah she said they were really backed up/delayed but it sounds like things are clearing up now. But who knows if you can really trust what they say hah

Were they offering any package discount to do both the PPF & Ceramic coatings?
Yes, got a huge discount from QCarCare for doing a PPF, Gold Ceramic Coating, and Interior Ceramic Coating. Saved almost $700 on the full package and no taxes/additional fees.
What's your current status? My car has been stuck at the railyard in NJ, I assume yours might be in the same situation. I have the same 9/6-9/10 EDD now because my first two delivery appointments were canceled on 9/2 and 9/4.
Picking up my car tomorrow from Peabody! Same - mine was delayed in the railyard in NJ and was originally scheduled for 8/31 and 9/4, so it was a bummer to keep pushing it back. Finally got the confirmation/reminder call from Tesla this morning, so it all seems to be in good order right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: E90M3Jerez
Yes, got a huge discount from QCarCare for doing a PPF, Gold Ceramic Coating, and Interior Ceramic Coating. Saved almost $700 on the full package and no taxes/additional fees.

Picking up my car tomorrow from Peabody! Same - mine was delayed in the railyard in NJ and was originally scheduled for 8/31 and 9/4, so it was a bummer to keep pushing it back. Finally got the confirmation/reminder call from Tesla this morning, so it all seems to be in good order right now.
Thanks for the update, I’ll remain optimistic mine was in line behind yours to leave the railyard and should be on a truck soon. :)

Reactions: ECMYLR
Order date: 9/12/2021
MYLR white, white
5 Seater
Original EDD Jan-Feb 2022
Current EDD 9/17 - 9/21

I bought a Mach E (ordered Aug 2021, delivered Dec 2021) and I wasn't even going to proceed with the Tesla, but I think I'm going to take it. Biggest thing for me is there are placed in New England that I go frequently that I just can't get to in a non-Tesla EV (I'm looking at you, most of New Hampshire). Tesla has superchargers in Lincoln and North Conway (as well as locations up and down I-93) and that makes hiking and skiing doable!! The last Electrify America is in Manchester, which means I have to charge up in Manchester and make it back. So many more charging options with Tesla SCs.

Really looking forward to the Tesla experience and comparing/contrasting how it compares to my Mach E (that I'm trading in).

I got my trade-in appraisal yesterday (9/7) and the notice that it had departed the factory this past Sunday 9/4 (I'm guessing Fremont based on my VIN: F540***). How long is shipping from Fremont? Is that a train?

Buying process questions...

1. do I really send over my trade-in lien holder info, insurance, and everything before delivery day?? That so unlike every other car I've purchased. (And I know Tesla is very different)
2. What have Mass people been doing? Finance with Tesla or your own bank?

1. do I really send over my trade-in lien holder info, insurance, and everything before delivery day?? That so unlike every other car I've purchased. (And I know Tesla is very different)
I have been struggling with the process all this week. I did outside financing and sold my old car to a local dealer. You need to submit your current insurance info on the app so Tesla can contact them and send over the necessary paperwork. You also need to contact Tesla, tell them you are outside financing and they will adjust the payment due and they will also need to send you a copy of the RTA. My bank requires a signed contract, RTA and insurance binder to release the funds. Contact your local Tesla dealer and they will assist you. I also had to contact my insurance agent to send me a copy of the insurance binder. Typically they only send it to Tesla but I needed it for financing. My local credit union was offering 3% so I went with them. It would definitely be less complicated to go through Tesla hah Hope this helps!

Just scheduled my delivery for the 13th in Peabody! Hopefully it gets there then so I can take it straight to Q Car Care.
Woohoo! Just completed my pickup at Peabody yesterday. Whole process probably took about 45 minutes or so. App told me to go straight to the car, but there were so many black Tesla Y’s that I wasn’t sure where to start searching, so I went inside and actually signed my paperwork first (5 minutes) and the SA went to check to make sure they had all my docs on file (stamped RTA from insurance company), but told me to check out my car as I waited for him. Everything looked good and I accepted delivery on the app, went back inside to confirm I was satisfied and then waited about 25 minutes in the car as they finalized the registration & plates. I had financed with a credit union & had the funds wired to Tesla. Since my pick-up was delayed by a week, there was sufficient time for my funds to show up and be marked as “paid”. If you’re wiring the day-of or a couple days in advance, make sure you have the Fed Wire ID as they’ll use that to track it. Aside from showing them my license, I wasn’t asked to show anything/bring anything else.

Just dropped my car off this morning with Q Car Care and doing a full frontal PPF, Gold Package Ceramic Coating, and Interior Ceramic Coating.

Didn’t find anything that I needed to report and have been very happy with my purchase!

Have you heard anything back yet? I'm in the same boat as you except in my case, my SA has just told me they have absolutely no ETA. Had my original delivery date at Norwell for 9/3 which was cancelled due to this delay and pushed back to 9/4, now it's delayed indefinitely with no real updates. :(

1. yes, Tesla works very different and require everything prior to you even seeing your vehicle!
2. Own bank. Tesla financing rates were too high for my liking, but I also don’t think they have it in MA? Maybe that was Tesla insurance though. Still rates were high.

Woohoo! Just completed my pickup at Peabody yesterday. Whole process probably took about 45 minutes or so. App told me to go straight to the car, but there were so many black Tesla Y’s that I wasn’t sure where to start searching, so I went inside and actually signed my paperwork first (5 minutes) and the SA went to check to make sure they had all my docs on file (stamped RTA from insurance company), but told me to check out my car as I waited for him. Everything looked good and I accepted delivery on the app, went back inside to confirm I was satisfied and then waited about 25 minutes in the car as they finalized the registration & plates. I had financed with a credit union & had the funds wired to Tesla. Since my pick-up was delayed by a week, there was sufficient time for my funds to show up and be marked as “paid”. If you’re wiring the day-of or a couple days in advance, make sure you have the Fed Wire ID as they’ll use that to track it. Aside from showing them my license, I wasn’t asked to show anything/bring anything else.

Just dropped my car off this morning with Q Car Care and doing a full frontal PPF, Gold Package Ceramic Coating, and Interior Ceramic Coating.

Didn’t find anything that I needed to report and have been very happy with my purchase!
This is so good to hear! How long will your car be at Q Care?

Congrats and enjoy the new ride! Were your delivery dates originally pushed back due to railyard logistics?

Have you heard anything back yet? I'm in the same boat as you except in my case, my SA has just told me they have absolutely no ETA. Had my original delivery date at Norwell for 9/3 which was cancelled due to this delay and pushed back to 9/4, now it's delayed indefinitely with no real updates. :(
Yes, I was able to schedule my pick up for Sunday! Which is exactly 13 months from my order date. Hopefully they have an update for you soon. I got the option to schedule it late wednesday night via email.

Tesla will tell you what to do step by step via text. I financed with Skyline CU (based in CT) for 2.39. I, like Erica, was in contact with my insurance agent prior and texted my agent info to Tesla along with my policy number.