Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massive data uploads since 2017.34 2448cfc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does your data cap include uploads are well? My understanding was that it just included downloads, but it has been a while since I looked.

EDIT: Nevermind I see uploads count. Thankfully Xfinity believes I need a 2TB cap and so far only average around 700GB/month.

You can also pay Comcast for unlimited data.

I usually hit around 800GB to 950GB per month. At this rate my Tesla will be using 45GB per month. Considering how bad AP2 is in the Seattle region I'll happily make headroom for more uploads. In fact I wish they would upload more.

EDIT: I loathe Comcast and having to pay them for unlimited data bugs me. Especially with all of the ISPs in downtown Seattle that have unlimited 1Gbps for the same price I'm paying for 250/10. However, in a new development where I live they are my only option. :(

Comcast ... having to pay them for unlimited data bugs me. Especially with all of the ISPs in downtown Seattle that have unlimited 1Gbps for the same price I'm paying for 250/10. However, in a new development where I live they are my only option. :(
Yah, I'm in the same boat. I get advertisements (paper and email) offering alternatives. Every one that I call says "oh, sorry..." when they look up my address. And I'm not in a new development. My house is from '57. WTB monopoly removal.

Wow on all the data use. I'm also a cord cutter w/ two kids (one teen) at home. We never go over 60gb, so to me a TB really looks "out there".

Could drop the wifi on the car, or perhaps one of the "I allow sharing" options would reduce the usage.

I've been on the fence for a while about getting a Model X. The number of people complaining about the lack of improvement with AP2 has been a bit disconcerting. This thread makes me feel good that they are actually collecting data and actively working to improve AP2, so it may push me over the edge toward finally making the purchase..

I've been on the fence for a while about getting a Model X. The number of people complaining about the lack of improvement with AP2 has been a bit disconcerting. This thread makes me feel good that they are actually collecting data and actively working to improve AP2, so it may push me over the edge toward finally making the purchase..
If you can "afford" afford to wait, I would wait it out a bit. I had a dying car with 157k miles. I love my Tesla, even the EAP, but if you have the chance to wait 6 months to see how this all plays out with the EAP, FSD, Model 3, I would wait.

Reactions: lunitiks
If you can "afford" afford to wait, I would wait it out a bit. I had a dying car with 157k miles. I love my Tesla, even the EAP, but if you have the chance to wait 6 months to see how this all plays out with the EAP, FSD, Model 3, I would wait.

There are rumors of S/x interior refresh. But take that with a grain of salt as it's just a rumor right now. I.e. you could wait for interior refresh but if you don't care, don't delay.

There are rumors of S/x interior refresh. But take that with a grain of salt as it's just a rumor right now. I.e. you could wait for interior refresh but if you don't care, don't delay.

There is no end to this. You can keep waiting and things will keep changing. Sometimes those changes are bad though. I wish I had scooped up a steal AP1 car when AP2 came out. Another big change was the discontinuation of fully customized cars (I got to choose each option and aesthetic choice vs. a bundled choice now). Finally, the change from leather to vinyl was a mixed bag (I like leather but I'd like adjustable headrests. So with Tesla you just buy if you like what you would get now and the rest is rolling the dice.

I'm in Glen Allen, so if you need any help, test drives or want to banter about AP2 i'm happy to help out.

Oh, I agree on not waiting forever. But we are sitting at an inflection point with the 3 coming out and a month or so from when Tesla has traditional made the bigger changes. If you don't like the new, there are always inventory.

Anyway, sorry for the off topic reply.

Now back to reporting data uploads!

4 miles in the car today. 674mb data uploaded.

Reactions: SlicedBr3ad