Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.2 - FSD AutoSteer Stop Sign Warning and Adjacent Lane Speeds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not quite that simple though. Not all intersections allow right-on-red. You also must stop for stop signs, even if you're turning right (and I would bet one actual dollar that the light and sign detection is the same code). Right-on-red (and indeed, left-on-red; I asked) is not a thing in some right-hand-drive countries. Some states require a full stop; some allow you to proceed without stopping if it is safe to do so. What about turning right from the middle lane? An obtuse left at a five-corner intersection?
Not always true, where I live in Johnstown PA we have stop signs with little signs below that tell you that you don't have to stop if turning. I've never seen that outside of Pennsylvania and I'm sure there are little exceptions everywhere you go like this. We also have a left turn light that keeps the top red light on with the green arrow, if I'm on traffic aware cruise control I get the stop light warning everytime. It'll be interesting as FSD is rolled out how all these little things will shake out, at this stop light I'd surmise the car would get stuck and not know what to do.
index.jpg

Downloading the update now, finally get a release early!

Last edited:
I've never seen that outside of Pennsylvania and I'm sure there are little exceptions everywhere you go like this
That just examplifies my point: Every rule has exceptions, including this one. That's part of what makes real (i. e. level 5) FSD to difficult to contemplate; much less implement. I will be amazed if Autopilot in a Tesla on surface streets gets past the "Level 2.5" autonomy that it demonstrates on freeways in 2020. I'd expect it to be blessed as Level 3 on highways before well before it gets to "lot to lot" autonomy at anything more than Level 2.

(Think about Tesla being able to say none of their cars run a red light or stop sign!)

Unless Elon is driving...Janne Wolterbeek ⚡️ on Twitter

Kidding aside, I think if it was like when you don't apply torque to the wheel for too long and it shuts you out of autopilot for the drive would be a good punishment if non- FSD had to stop for you at a light or sign.

I just got 40.2.1 and I'm not in Canada

Is there any mention of increased supercharging for SR+?
Yes, SR+ gets 170kw (confirmed on mine)
Any SR/+ owners tried Supercharging with 2019.40+ yet? I have yet to see a single photo or video of the SR/+ charging at a speed greater than 100 kW.
Will be testing tonight. Currently I'm at ~30% and probably will be low enough by then.