Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes - also he thinks the number of 100s will grow in the next two days. So, he isn't thinking about non-rounded 100 (i.e. he isn't saying the score should be 100.00). He thinks people who are close to 100 will drive more in the next two days to get to 100, after rounding.
I hope this is true. We’ve been at 100 nearly every day, with only a 2-day stretch last weekend where we fell to 99.

Gonna be hard to sleep Friday night ….. like a 6-year-old on Christmas Eve.

Unfortunately, we still have a long way to go in Utah in that regard.

There's a supercharger in Price, Utah that often times has "Powered By Coal" stickers on them. As you can imagine, this enrages most Tesla drivers, but the fact remains that, unfortunately, the stickers are correct; those superchargers are powered by a huge coal powered generating plant nearby.

Even so, BEV's are so efficient that charging a Tesla at that supercharger, and driving it using "coal power," it ends up being better for the environment than driving an ICE. Even if it's a small win, it's still a win. Utah does have quite a few hydro stations, but unfortunately, we still have quite a few coal plants, too. "Carbon County" Utah (that's literally the name of the county) gets its name from the huge coal mines in and around the Price, Utah area.

We'll get there... eventually. :)

Edit to add: I made it home with my 100 score intact. Whew. Now to not drive the car until tomorrow night at midnight!
In the meantime, you could get solar for your home (if you own it) and size it according to your electricity consumption including charging your Tesla, so you end up with 100% of your local driving (trips that don't involve superchargers) from solar energy :)

Fun fact: there are a TON of solar companies based out of Utah. Specifically, around Lehi for some reason.

In the meantime, you could get solar for your home (if you own it) and size it according to your electricity consumption including charging your Tesla, so you end up with 100% of your local driving (trips that don't involve superchargers) from solar energy :)

Fun fact: there are a TON of solar companies based out of Utah. Specifically, around Lehi for some reason.
Yeah, the Wife and I have been working together to get that into the budget! I think (but I'm not positive) that our power comes from Glen Canyon Damn, which as the name implies, would be hydro. And it's cheap! We pay 6.5 cents kW/h.

Reactions: edseloh and jebinc
Question - is everyone that purchased FSD supposed to be getting this option to request FSD? I purchased my X Dec 2016 WITH FSD back then (yes call me one of those suckers).
I still do not have the option to even start this stupid process. Is everyone supposed to get the option? Disgusting that I can't even call anyone at Tesla to ask about this. I gave them money a long time ago for this and feel like those of us that did early on have been swept under the rug - they don't want to deal with us - our systems are old and to me, I feel like they are hoping we disappear so they don't have to keep upgrading our hardware for free or refund us our FSD purchase (because if they can't deliver without upgrading hardware - we should NOT have to pay for that hardware - we were sold back then a system they said would do FSD - for those around - remember the very misleading video they used to sell FSD showing how "close" they were to making it work?

Anyway, does anyone else have this issue of not getting the request button even though they purchase FSD??? Just figuring out if I need to create a stupid service ticket to even be able to discuss this with anyone. I live 3 hours away from ANY service center.

Reactions: edseloh and impastu
Question - is everyone that purchased FSD supposed to be getting this option to request FSD? I purchased my X Dec 2016 WITH FSD back then (yes call me one of those suckers).
I still do not have the option to even start this stupid process. Is everyone supposed to get the option? Disgusting that I can't even call anyone at Tesla to ask about this. I gave them money a long time ago for this and feel like those of us that did early on have been swept under the rug - they don't want to deal with us - our systems are old and to me, I feel like they are hoping we disappear so they don't have to keep upgrading our hardware for free or refund us our FSD purchase (because if they can't deliver without upgrading hardware - we should NOT have to pay for that hardware - we were sold back then a system they said would do FSD - for those around - remember the very misleading video they used to sell FSD showing how "close" they were to making it work?

Anyway, does anyone else have this issue of not getting the request button even though they purchase FSD??? Just figuring out if I need to create a stupid service ticket to even be able to discuss this with anyone. I live 3 hours away from ANY service center.
reading through all the frustration my first question is what software you're on? 2021.32 is the one that will get you the button. I have an X that was stuck on 2021.24 and would not update without a firmware refresh at the SC. Have you seen an attempted update fail?

reading through all the frustration my first question is what software you're on? 2021.32 is the one that will get you the button. I have an X that was stuck on 2021.24 and would not update without a firmware refresh at the SC. Have you seen an attempted update fail?
My version is 2020.48.37.6.

I have updated whenever a new update comes through - but seeing this - yeah, I am way behind and not sure why I am not getting updates pushed to me - even though I have advanced selected.

Hard to remember when updates come - seeing I have a 2015 S, 2016 X and 2018 3

• Informative
Reactions: impastu
My version is 2020.48.37.6.

I have updated whenever a new update comes through - but seeing this - yeah, I am way behind and not sure why I am not getting updates pushed to me - even though I have advanced selected.

Hard to remember when updates come - seeing I have a 2015 S, 2016 X and 2018 3
I would file a service request through the app...let us know how you get on please.

I would file a service request through the app...let us know how you get on please.
Thanks I just did.

I know it has been said before - but the fact that I can't just call a service center to sort this out is really sad. I put in service tickets and hear crickets. My Model S right now (2015) is having issues getting the maps updated. So I have been stuck without navigation for almost two weeks now. It tries to update, gets a little green progress bar and then disappears. Sent in a service ticket on Sunday - have zero response from them - not even we will try to repush it to you or anything. Sent email to my trusted Ranger and he responds (only person I get a decent response from) but his location is no longer over my service area so he can't help me but forwarded my email on to who is... that was two days ago and again - crickets.

I hate saying what others have said - as I have been with Tesla for a long time, but the service really has gone to crap. (I am not trying to be a downer but it is sad, as it used to be do everything they could and service was steller and touted, now it is a nightmare and like all other car companies)

• Informative
Thanks I just did.

I know it has been said before - but the fact that I can't just call a service center to sort this out is really sad. I put in service tickets and hear crickets. My Model S right now (2015) is having issues getting the maps updated. So I have been stuck without navigation for almost two weeks now. It tries to update, gets a little green progress bar and then disappears. Sent in a service ticket on Sunday - have zero response from them - not even we will try to repush it to you or anything. Sent email to my trusted Ranger and he responds (only person I get a decent response from) but his location is no longer over my service area so he can't help me but forwarded my email on to who is... that was two days ago and again - crickets.

I hate saying what others have said - as I have been with Tesla for a long time, but the service really has gone to crap. (I am not trying to be a downer but it is sad, as it used to be do everything they could and service was steller and touted, now it is a nightmare and like all other car companies)
When you file a service request thru the app. doesn't it allow you to pick a date? What date did you pick?

I typically don't get a response from service until a few days before the date, where they may change it from service center to mobile (or vice versa) or tell me they need more info, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: burdogg and impastu
When you file a service request thru the app. doesn't it allow you to pick a date? What date did you pick?

I typically don't get a response from service until a few days before the date, where they may change it from service center to mobile (or vice versa) or tell me they need more info, etc.
Thanks - that may be it - I had to go to Oct 22 seeing if they make me bring it in - I can't get there until then - as it takes a whole day for me (3.5 hours one way). So that may be why I don't hear anything. Maybe I will move it up, and then push it out if they force me to bring it in.

• Informative
Thanks I just did.

That's not my experience. Service requests through the app are responded to within 24 hours. Much prefer this to calling a dealer service desk. Let us know how it goes.

Edit: saw you post your location after...that must be quite rural so understand why mobile service a bit more scarce. Your software issue likely can't be addressed remotely (couldn't be for me and others with similar issues), so the long drive is likely necessary. Plan it around a Tesla club event?

Reactions: burdogg and jebinc
That's not my experience. Service requests through the app are responded to within 24 hours. Much prefer this to calling a dealer service desk. Let us know how it goes.

Edit: saw you post your location after...that must be quite rural so understand why mobile service a bit more scarce. Your software issue likely can't be addressed remotely (couldn't be for me and others with similar issues), so the long drive is likely necessary. Plan it around a Tesla club event?
So I sent an email to my old Ranger again - and he got right back with me (unlike the service center) This was his response to my Model X FSD question:
I just checked the MX and you have the latest for that vehicle, I can’t send you anything newer.
So...I guess those of us that ponied up early to support FSD and help make it come to fruition get hosed.

So I sent an email to my old Ranger again - and he got right back with me (unlike the service center) This was his response to my Model X FSD question:
I just checked the MX and you have the latest for that vehicle, I can’t send you anything newer.
So...I guess those of us that ponied up early to support FSD and help make it come to fruition get hosed.
Are you in an S70D? That's the only US S model I see on a 2020 software version.

Bingo :) But that isn't the one with FSD - as it is 2015 (so AP 1)
But my X is a 90D and still on that same software version and it is the most current according to the Ranger
well, suspect that your old build is higher risk so will get later download once AI is far enough along to manage slower CPUs but what do I know? For sure it sucks to spend all that money effectively for enhanced AP.