Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess is we’ll get 10.6.1 since it is already out to employees, unless there is an issue with that.

But, we are coming close to holidays - so, who knows.

Optimistic :

10.6.1 : from tonight
10.7 : next week
10.8 : Dec-31

Likely :

10.6.1 : tomorrow
10.7 : Before Christmas

very prescient. 10.6.1 started releasing about an hour ago.

Just installed 36.8.10 and that came with FSD 10.6.1
image.jpg

Mind blowing was this poor soul who came to my house last night with his Dodge Supercharged Demon and insisted his car would destroy my MS Plaid..... after a few hours of listening to his bragging about how fast his car is, I finally gave in,, and it appeared he hit the brakes instead of the accelerator, or at least that's what the Tesla footage shows. I don't think he will be coming over to my house next time his friends do. 🤣🤣
This is not a fair comparison. Essentially comparing a space shuttle against a horse!

Anyone else getting randomly dinged ? I just got hit with “unsafe following” and am down at 99 now. I had the vehicle on autopilot almost the entire way but it somehow says 60%! next to that category , both my wife and I are puzzled . Starting to think we should just take it out for dedicated drives to keep the algorithm happy if it’s inaccurate.

Anyone else getting randomly dinged ? I just got hit with “unsafe following” and am down at 99 now. I had the vehicle on autopilot almost the entire way but it somehow says 60%! next to that category , both my wife and I are puzzled . Starting to think we should just take it out for dedicated drives to keep the algorithm happy if it’s inaccurate.

‘if you drive 200 miles on AP and then 1 mile manually, then all your score is based on the 1 mile. AP doesn’t count against your score, but it also doesn’t help it at all.

‘if you drive 200 miles on AP and then 1 mile manually, then all your score is based on the 1 mile. AP doesn’t count against your score, but it also doesn’t help it at all.

That ONLY applies to ”unsafe following”. And believe me, if you drive on urban highways, you will want to be on AP as much as possible.

it’s actually worse than that. The 200 miles contribute to how that day is weighted against others. So if that 1 mile is really terrible, it’s the equivalent to driving 200 terrible miles when combined with other days’ scores.

So, if you do have a bad drive, it’s import to correct it that day by driving as many good, non AP miles as possible.

I really hope this story is 100% true - you're flirting with "pics or it didn't happen".

Let me get this straight - You smoked this dude in his most prized possession that he had been peacocking with for Lord knows how long in front of his friends and then took his wife home!? 🤣

View attachment 743142
I was just thinking RowdyMY, which pics you wanted, when you were thinking of me and the dudes wife in the car... the pics of his ice getting smoked? Or his wife getting smoked? 🤔 I re-read your post and now I am full on laughing 😃 ..
Very funny... I would give you 10 likes for your post if I could!!!

Really interesting snow video. Great job by the tester.

What I noticed with my testing on snow and icy roads was that the car drives pretty much the same as it would on clean dry roads other than it drove a little slower kind of like it would on a dirt road. I was impressed with how well it mostly kept straight even when you couldn't see any road markings but it did not seem to use any different braking behavior and would of absolutely slid through any stop it had to make, I would of loved to test if it would of used ABS because one thing that really surprised me was after I engaged at a stop sign the car started to turn and accelerate as if on dry roads which quickly put the car into a sideways slide and no traction control engaged at all and the car just kept trying to accelerate in the slide. I took over and slid onto the shoulder of the road before I was able to get the car back under control. Just to be clear this was done on a rural road with no other traffic anywhere around. I pretty much expected it wouldn't be able to handle icy roads yet but was surprised that it seemed to not make any use at all of traction control or even realize it was in a slide, it didn't even seem to let off the acceleration.

What I noticed with my testing on snow and icy roads was that the car drives pretty much the same as it would on clean dry roads other than it drove a little slower kind of like it would on a dirt road. I was impressed with how well it mostly kept straight even when you couldn't see any road markings but it did not seem to use any different braking behavior and would of absolutely slid through any stop it had to make, I would of loved to test if it would of used ABS because one thing that really surprised me was after I engaged at a stop sign the car started to turn and accelerate as if on dry roads which quickly put the car into a sideways slide and no traction control engaged at all and the car just kept trying to accelerate in the slide. I took over and slid onto the shoulder of the road before I was able to get the car back under control. Just to be clear this was done on a rural road with no other traffic anywhere around. I pretty much expected it wouldn't be able to handle icy roads yet but was surprised that it seemed to not make any use at all of traction control or even realize it was in a slide, it didn't even seem to let off the acceleration.
Wow. You should definitely send in an email to the Beta guys at Tesla with that information.

Reactions: impastu

One problem I can think of is - if the right side line is partially visible. So, FSD would sometime think of the lane as between the center line and the right side line - and at other times between center line and the road's edge. Then, the road width would constantly change and the car would zig-zag. Happens to me when the road is wet and the Sun is low.

For the speed of turn and stop etc - looks like they need to add a "snow/ice" condition that would reduce allowed acceleration & deceleration. They don't have this snow feature yet.