Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: Comprehensive Road-Course Modification Guide — Optimizing the 3 for the track

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, Thanks for awsome tread!

I have some questions:
What Sqare setup provides the best laptimes and wear? 275 / 285 / 295 / 305?
What ET and width will fit?

Looking at front camber ive seen MPP reach up to -3, does the UP FUCA provide more adjustment or the same?
Are all the arms, trailing arm, traction arm necessary?

Have anyone tried some of this parts?
View attachment 967011
I wouldn't touch anything Megan with a 10' pole. Junk.

I am at -4.2 with the MPP arms. Run Model Y lower control arms and you get more camber as they are longer than the Model 3. You can definitely get more camber with the UP arms as I had almost 5 at one point. I have had some issues with the ball joints wearing out on the UP arms.

I wouldn't touch anything Megan with a 10' pole. Junk.

I am at -4.2 with the MPP arms. Run Model Y lower control arms and you get more camber as they are longer than the Model 3. You can definitely get more camber with the UP arms as I had almost 5 at one point. I have had some issues with the ball joints wearing out on the UP arms.
Do our cars need that much camber? We have decent suspension design and not much body roll (with mods).
I'm wearing inside tire edges more autox'ing with ~3.0 degrees (with 295/305-wide tires).

Depending on the suspension setup yes. Autox is tricky as you can't get enough temp into the tires to really measure tire temps across the tread. I measure at every track weekend at least once if not more depending on setup changes I make and generally find the best distribution of temps to be had when running a bit over 4* front and a bit under 3* rear.

These cars roll a lot on street oriented suspension. You can see it in my profile pic. Being double wishbone does help with the camber curve, but they still need a decent amount of camber to rally stick.

i will thanks!

Car will be used for the Ring

Some know what happend with the BTG times on the nurburgring? I remember a red fully specced car and also unplugged performance has a car there with atomic but they have not posted any videos
Posted and got banned for a year from the Ring together with hefty penalties. BTG for M3 is still around 7:40. High speed straights killing the time a lot with the model 3 high speed power drop.

• Informative
Reactions: Lindenwood
Looking to pull the trigger on the Model 3 Track Package. Price doesn’t seem totally unreasonable given you get a 2nd set of wheels and tires. Any feedback on whether to go this route or after market?
Model S Plaid Track Pack looks like reasonable package - you get usable brakes and unlocking top speed. Model 3 wheels are not a good choice for the track. They are still too narrow and too big.

Looking to pull the trigger on the Model 3 Track Package. Price doesn’t seem totally unreasonable given you get a 2nd set of wheels and tires. Any feedback on whether to go this route or after market?

You might want 19" wheels to shave some weight. And can someone enlighten my as to why anyone would want lug nut covers for track use?

Reactions: cbdoc
Sorry for the dumb question. What tire pressure should I be running? I’m tracking my model 3 long range with 265/40/18 at 2.1 bar target hot. From what I’ve read it seems to be too low.
Tyre type has a bearing but I'd normally be around 2.5-2.6 bar with a Michelin PS4/Cup2, and slightly higher with an AR-1. I agree 2.1 is too low.