Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD for V10 2019.32.12.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad they have the release number. One of the things I dislike the most about these ‘feature stories’ is that they never/seldom include a release number.

There was one (!) of 12.4 on TeslaFi yesterday to qualify as ‘begun’ I guess. I believe it was in Europe. And only a few still. Just getting 12.3 right now on my X. Some of the 12.4 now in the US.

Assume a few days or a week to start wholesale rollout as they are probably still testing on the first group, as usual.

Total TeslaFi for this release is 23 or so, still very low.

To me, creep and one pedal driving are diametrically opposed to each other. I would expect one pedal driving to disable creep. Why would you need or want both...

I actually think it’s important to have both. Creep is safer in so many ways, especially for tight parallel parking not on flat surfaces, or trying to inch out from stop signs where you can’t see well. In my garage I have to park around 2 inches from my wall. Without creep this is near impossible. Covering the brake is just safer in these cases.

Anyway, very interested to see how this new feature will behave with Creep enabled.

I actually think it’s important to have both. Creep is safer in so many ways, especially for tight parallel parking not on flat surfaces, or trying to inch out from stop signs where you can’t see well. In my garage I have to park around 2 inches from my wall. Without creep this is near impossible. Covering the brake is just safer in these cases.

Anyway, very interested to see how this new feature will behave with Creep enabled.
I wish there was an easy way to get in and out of creep mode. On my wife's bolt it's just a quick tap of the gear shifter (which also changes Regen strength on demand). When in high Regen mode (called low, opposite to tesla nomenclature) creep is off. Too cumbersome in tesla to change so I always drive with it off and just deal with it for tight situations.

Very much this.

What? Creep safer and can't tight park without creep? That's rather subjective, old habit, is it not?
No - I too use it as @WilliamG explains. It allows much more precise positioning. I too am in a tight garage parking situation and it is made much easier with creep - feathering my brake pedal.

I wish there was an easy way to get in and out of creep mode. On my wife's bolt it's just a quick tap of the gear shifter (which also changes Regen strength on demand). When in high Regen mode (called low, opposite to tesla nomenclature) creep is off. Too cumbersome in tesla to change so I always drive with it off and just deal with it for tight situations.

I agree with it needing a shortcut to Creep on/off. This would solve a bunch of issues.

Reactions: Phlier