Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD : FSD Beta Issues Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVNow

Sep 5, 2009
Seattle, WA
Hello Beta testers, we can track all the issues we see in this master list of FSD Beta issues. Feel free to add / update the spreadsheet.

I'll request mods to turn into into a wiki to help us keep it updated.

Currently I've added these columns in the spreadsheet.

Issue ## of TestersTMC User NameIssue Title10.210.3Description / Notes
11EVNowOn unmarked roads, drives near the centerYes

# of Testers : Increment the number if you are also experiencing the issue. This we we know how many testers see the issue - and also helps eliminate duplicates.
10.2, 10.3 : We can track whether an issue is fixed in a particular release or not

I suck at editing spreadsheets, but I'll try. If it doesn't have a landing gear lever on it, my chances of successfully operating it drop quite a bit.

But back on topic...

FSD Beta seems to use the turn signal like it is a baby that has a new toy to play with. I wish I could be more specific than that, but that'll have to do for now.

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
I suck at editing spreadsheets, but I'll try. If it doesn't have a landing gear lever on it, my chances of successfully operating it drop quite a bit.

But back on topic...

FSD Beta seems to use the turn signal like it is a baby that has a new toy to play with. I wish I could be more specific than that, but that'll have to do for now.
We'll try to turn the spreadsheet into a form. That way noone can directly edit the sheet or mess it up.

Added two separate issues for this -

Turn signal comes on at the wrong time
Turn signal can't be switched off without triggering the signal in the opposite direction
Another behavior I've witnessed several times...

Scenario: FSD engaged. FSD turns on turn signal. Event occurs that you have to disengage FSD before it completes the maneuver. The turn signal will remain on until you turn it off, even if you've done a complete 90 degree turn.

Edit: Added the missing "T" to evenT.
Another Edit: My typing skills are horrible today... corrected another word.

Edit to add: It's almost like it drops out of the turn signal logic code when FSD is disengaged. I've also noticed with this release that they've incorporated new logic to manual turn signal usage when FSD isn't in use. I'll try to expound on that when I can, but I mention it so that others might be aware of it, watch for it, and respond with if the system was accurate in its "guess" of when to turn it off.

Last edited:
Scenario: FSD engaged. FSD turns on turn signal. Event occurs that you have to disengage FSD before it completes the maneuver. The turn signal will remain on until you turn it off, even if you've done a complete 90 degree turn.
Yes - and if you try to turn off the turn signal - it switches on the turn signal in the opposite direction. This happened to me a few times yesterday - atleast the kids found it very funny and enjoyed it.

Reactions: Phlier
Moving to this thread.

- Sudden slowdowns are visible in most videos if you watch carefully (5mph in less than a second is quite noticeable but impossible to see in a video unless you look at the speedometer).
I'm getting closer to figuring out whats happening.

Yesterday in my drive on the same road (it goes a little uphill and then 500ft downhill over about a mile) - there was a lead truck. So, there was no slow down - as long as the truck was visible.

Once the truck sped away - I had 2 or 3 slow downs (from 40 to 20) after which I disengaged. Just pressing on the accelerator wasn't going to cut it. This particular road is somewhat winding too.

Anyway, here my issue for that.

- On winding uphill/downhill rapidly slows down for no apparent reason ( Happens when there is no leading vehicle )

Not sure if this is actually an "issue" as I suppose it did make it through the traffic calming without damage…

calming front.jpg

calming left.jpg

Precision steering or accidental success? 🤔

Approaches left turns which have no yellow center line way too far to the left. Doesn't look like it here (videos do not capture it), but humans are rarely this far to the left when making this left turn. You only need to be far enough left to allow traffic turning behind you to turn right. Doesn't matter whether there is a lead vehicle. This behavior has been reported to Tesla. (Maybe there could be a column indicating whether a particular behavior has been reported to the email address provided by Tesla?)

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 2.27.48 PM.png

Reactions: BLUBER and nvx1977
Either 10.2 was really fast in checking for cross traffic or it believed there was no need to yield let alone stop at this intersection (Google Street View image):
stop sign street view.jpg

Clearly it missed the stop sign maybe because pillar camera / 360 fusion isn't used for that detection yet, but it seems like the assumption is that you have right of way. I've also noticed this "full speed ahead" behavior when turning out of alleys where one would typically check for cross traffic.

Approaches left turns which have no yellow center line way too far to the left. Doesn't look like it here (videos do not capture it), but humans are rarely this far to the left when making this left turn. You only need to be far enough left to allow traffic turning behind you to turn right. Doesn't matter whether there is a lead vehicle. This behavior has been reported to Tesla. (Maybe there could be a column indicating whether a particular behavior has been reported to the email address provided by Tesla?)

View attachment 721562

There are a LOT of considerations, it seems, when we drive on unmarked roads. Basically we need to create our own lanes based on circumstances
- How wide is the road - how many "lanes" can there be
- Are there parked cars to the side
- Are there cars coming in the opposite direction
- Are they cars / cyclists you need to pass
- Are we turning ?

Based on all these, the planner has to figure out the right path to drive on. The same kind of things apply to parking lots as well.

This is where imitation learning might be useful.

When a human driver approaches a tight right turn particularly on narrow residential/rural roads they will turn their car slightly right making it much easier to make the turn after they have stopped and looked before proceeding. I kept finding my car would approach the intersection pointed straight ahead making it difficult to stay on your side of the center line. I had to disengage several times when the car would go straight for a few feet rather then turning right immediately since I was afraid the car would cross over into on coming traffic .

However, due to the calibration failure of my B pillar camera and rear camera I now have to wait 2 weeks for mobile service to fix the cameras before using FSD again. So I'm not sure this is standard behavior or caused by the B pillar camera calibration failure. I would be interested what others are experiencing.

Again, I have seen issues and problem moments where FSD beta seems like it’s trying to kill me, but disclaimer aside, it’s pretty mind blowing the last few days when:

1) neighborhood slightly curving right street with double yellow center lines, and car crosses it to pass a bicyclist in right side of my lane

2) I’m in rightmost of 4 lanes of traffic on my side of 40 MPH speed limit center median road (large/wide/fast surface street), approaching slow car in my (rightmost) lane with hazard lights flashing, crossing green lit intersection my car changes to 2nd lane from the right, upon passing I see it’s a car in trouble slowly driving with another car behind that I saw with hazards on.

3) freeway exit with a lane split (1 exit ramp lane eventually turns into 3 lanes at the top of the exit ramp) that NoA used to switch to AP but now switches to FSD beta. AP would consistently jerk at lane split because as we all know regular NoA & AP don’t handle lane merges and splits well. If traffic was behind me I would disengage AP and drive manually to not freak out drivers behind me seeing the sudden jerky move to pick a lane at the split. Now w FSD beta it SMOOTHLY picks right lane before reaching the lane split!

4) approaching a red light or stopped traffic on AP used to be scary late on braking. Never had an issue with not braking in time but braking was consistently late and hard, scaring passengers and I’d get nervous/tense, sometimes just disengaging early and regening gently to a stop. Now w FSD beta it seems to properly predict and consistently slow down earlier/gentler/more naturally (i.e. - like a human driver) finally!

5) successfully squeeze between cars slowly during 2 lane changes to get between and through naturally as a human driver would be expected to

6) slow down for some speed bumps (this isn’t consistent yet and sometimes starts speeding up before speed bump is actually past)

7) slowing for pedestrians and waiting for them to cross

8) taking its proper turn at a 4 way stop (waiting for other drivers that arrived first)

9) successfully navigating construction area where lanes have merged/shifted differently than the lane markings by use of cones/concrete barriers

Reactions: coselectric
Here's an example of the not-yielding-from-alley issue:

double blind alley.jpg

Car did not slow down at all and there has not been messages of creeping for better visibility as there was no signage for stopping or yielding. Both sides were blocked by fences, but at least I knew we were turning onto a 1-way street, so I was very focused on looking the other way for cross traffic as FSD Beta approached.

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow
Went out for a quick drive around the neighborhood. Three and four rounds with multiple issues.
- On a T-junction - coming from the joining road that has a stop sign, doesn't seem to wait for the cars turning into the joining road (vertical part of T). Only waits for cars going straight. Had to disengage.
- Could not turn left at a "L" junction. FSD disengaged.
- Could not turn left at a different T junction from the horizontal road to the perpendicular one. The perpendicular road has a divider that seemed to trip it. FSD disengaged.