Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have experience with coffee or tea stains on white interior? Can you get out?

I have removed coffee stains. I suggest you try the least aggressive method first, only moving onto the next more aggressive option if the first one doesn't work.

1) First, try a baby wipe. This is a gentle but effective way to clean many stains on car seats.

2) If the baby wipe doesn't work, you can try using a general purpose car interior cleaner such as Mckees37 Fast Interior Detailer or Chemical Guys Inner Clean. Spray it on the stain, let it dwell for a minute, then gently rub off with a clean microfiber towel.

3) If that doesn't work, try some Simple Green APC.

4) There are cleaners on the market that are specifically designed for coffee, blood, and other "organic" stains such as:

I have not personally used these products on Tesla vegan leather, so I don't know for certain they will work or not effect the leather. So if you use, try on an inconspicuous area first.

One thing I would not do is use a magic eraser. Magic erasers are very abrasive. It may remove the stain, but it will likely damage the surface of the seat as well.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: TBrownTX
My white interior still looks like new, in perfect condition, after close to 6K miles. However, it was stained when I took delivery of it, and the stains didn't come off with just a damp microfiber rag, which is what I always have used. I removed those initial stains with regular leather cleaner; they came off right away, so that would be my first choice, rather than harsher household chemicals. The good news is white is the least likely color to damage with such methods. Good luck.

So, I’m a little over a week into a new (to me) Model 3 Performance. I absolutely love it, and I did a lot of reading about how great and stain resistant the white interior is. So, I went with it.

Late this week, I left a black baseball hat on the back seat for a few days. The car was in a parking garage but out of the sun. It’s a very nice hat and I’ve had it for over a year with no problems at all and no ink transfer to other things before.

Well, lo and behold, I picked the hat up and it left behind a nasty surprise. The seat now has a black fabric dye stain that I’ve now exhausted my options to get clean. Before you offer suggestions, I’ve searched on here and read every thread I could. I’ve tried just about all of it. At this point I’ve pretty much given up. Anything above what I’ve already done is likely to do some damage to the fabric. Hell, I may have already done that.

Is this a warranty-able item from Tesla? It’s just so damned disappointing that I’ve just barely gotten the car and it already has a huge noticeable blemish on the back seat.

:(
Try baking soda mixed with Hydrogen peroxide and dishwashing liquid 1:1:1. It's ok for both fabric and leather, and doesn't make any damage. If this one is not gonna bleach it Idk what else can😅

Hello,

New Tesla owner here. I just picked-up my Model 3 this weekend and drove it home. I bought my Tesla used, with 18,000 miles on it. I didn't notice until I got home and really started looking at every detail that the front driver seat was stained and/or color was fading. I've tried baby wipes as most suggested and also tried Awesome cleaner which I use around the household that usually pretty strong and gets most stains out, however it still looks the same. I've schedule an appointment to have it detailed to see if they can do something about it.

I've attached the picture. Has anyone else had theirs look like this at any point and if so, how did you get it out? Also, I looked on Amazon and seen they had some white seat covers with good reviews, wanted to see if anyone here has tried it out and confirmed it doesn't affect the airbags or car seat heaters. And I found a dye that they said is compatible with the Model 3 it's made by a German company called Colourlock anybody know anything about them?

Attachments

• IMG_20210831_064909.jpg
    IMG_20210831_064909.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 667
My M3 is about 10 days old and somehow I got grease from my 20 year old garage door on the back of my pants. This is what it did to my new seat:
1631887516963.png

I almost cried. Thankfully I had bought some cleaner and micro fiber towels on Amazon and was able to get it all cleaned up in about 5 minutes:
1631887587054.png

I did use baby wipes on a small area that was not coming up and that helped because the wipes were more abrasive. If I can get old sticky garage grease off the seats I fell pretty good about their durability. I had not coated them and these were plain seats from the factory.

Reactions: Pho3k
My M3 is about 10 days old and somehow I got grease from my 20 year old garage door on the back of my pants. This is what it did to my new seat:
View attachment 710513

I almost cried. Thankfully I had bought some cleaner and micro fiber towels on Amazon and was able to get it all cleaned up in about 5 minutes:
View attachment 710514

I did use baby wipes on a small area that was not coming up and that helped because the wipes were more abrasive. If I can get old sticky garage grease off the seats I fell pretty good about their durability. I had not coated them and these were plain seats from the factory.
I bought this as well works good . smells amazing

A hat sitting on the seat alone would not cause dye transfer, the hat had to be wet or had something on top of it forcing into the seat.

There has to be more to the story.
Actually this happens alot with white leather. I know I had it happen to my white seats in my Evora. Nothing sitting on my black leather stylus sleeve.. it just left a black stain where it was touching. It didn't bother me that much as the seat had other staining front my blue jeans as well asnormal wear and tear on the bolsters from getting in and out of the vehicle. So I eventually had the seats repainted.

So, I’m a little over a week into a new (to me) Model 3 Performance. I absolutely love it, and I did a lot of reading about how great and stain resistant the white interior is. So, I went with it.

Late this week, I left a black baseball hat on the back seat for a few days. The car was in a parking garage but out of the sun. It’s a very nice hat and I’ve had it for over a year with no problems at all and no ink transfer to other things before.

Well, lo and behold, I picked the hat up and it left behind a nasty surprise. The seat now has a black fabric dye stain that I’ve now exhausted my options to get clean. Before you offer suggestions, I’ve searched on here and read every thread I could. I’ve tried just about all of it. At this point I’ve pretty much given up. Anything above what I’ve already done is likely to do some damage to the fabric. Hell, I may have already done that.

Is this a warranty-able item from Tesla? It’s just so damned disappointing that I’ve just barely gotten the car and it already has a huge noticeable blemish on the back seat.

:(
Try baby wipes....sold on Amazon
Less than $5.

I would call Ultrafabrics, They nave made Ultraleather for a long time and I wouldn’t be surprised if they are the supplier for Tesla.
Ultraleather is impervious to most things up to acetone, acetone will soften it and of course should be avoided.

Whatever you try, first try it on an inconspicuous spot, just in case