Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Updated Range and 0-60 times for Model 3 and Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the US Tesla design studio, under Interior > Features, there is no mention of Premium vs. Partial Premium anymore but the features are clearly still different between the M3 RWD and the M3 LR AWD. However, it seems like the rumors of standard heated steering wheel and rear heated seats in RWD model are now confirmed on Design Studio

I've included just the interior features that differ between the RWD and AWD models:

Interior FeaturesModel 3 SR+ (Partial Premium Interior)Model 3 RWD (2022 - Partial Premium+ Interior)Model 3 AWD LR/P (Premium Interior)
Audio and Media
  • Upgraded audio – immersive sound (No Subwoofer)
  • Premium audio – 14 speakers, 1 subwoofer, 2 amps, and immersive sound
Comfort
  • Power adjustable heated front seats
  • (No Interior floor mats)
  • Power adjustable front seats
  • Heated front and rear seats
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Interior floor mats
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Interior floor mats

Convenience
  • (No LED fog lamps)
  • (No LED fog lamps)
  • LED fog lamps

Whomever @quickshot23 is communicating with likely doesnt have that authority. One thing tesla has been *very* good at, is hiding "the person / people who can say yes" from almost everyone. In every organization, there are always people who can approve non standard things. The trick is, normally, finding that person / those people, then convincing them that YOU are the one they want to make an exception for.

The "right" thing to do here, from an objective point of view, seems to be for Tesla to offer to sell an in stock car at @quickshot23 's reserved price. That doesnt seem like an egregious ask (in fact it seems extremely reasonable), and doesnt actually cost tesla any more money than they currently are in line to make on @quickshot23 's car purchase.

With that being said, whomever they are communicating with likely cant make that call. There will be someone who can, but finding them is another story.

If I were @quickshot23 , I think I would send another email that read something like this:

==========================

" Hello so and so, thank you for your response and continuing to engage me on this topic. As you rightly indicated, this is pretty frustrating to me. The best path forward for me, (the thing that would make me happy) given this situation, is for me to be able to purchase a car with the specifications I reserved / ordered. Since things like "fast enough" or "enough range" are very subjective, I do not want to get bogged down in discussing what is or is not a minor change, or is or is not enough range for my needs.

Since you mention that there are "cars on the ground" that have the current specifications I ordered, it seems to me that the easiest path forward would be for me to be able to purchase one of these existing cars at my already reserved pricing. Can you assist me in escalating my concern, or provide me with contact information for a manager who might be able to discuss this with me?

Again, even though I am very frustrated, I do really appreciate you continuing to engage me on this topic, and hopefully we can find a path forward that works for both of us. Thank you in advance for your assistance in escalating my concern, or contact information to do so.

Respectfully,

Quickshot23

==============================================

Or something a lot like it, anyway. What @quickshot23 needs, frankly, is whomever they are communicating with being WILLING to escalate it to someone who might be able to make something happen. Front line customer service people are always part gatekeeper, and metrics ARE kept on how many things they escalate, etc. Anything much more aggressive than the above likely just gets @quickshot23 ghosted.

Customer service people are human too, and threats really dont work, especially in a medium as easy to ignore as email, when there are no easy paths to escalate.

The other path @quickshot23 could try is to see if they can go to a tesla sales location somewhere within range of them to get to, ask to speak to a manager, and CALMLY state their concern and ask if they can assist in finding a car "on the ground" thats an SR+ with the NCA battery that meets acceptable configuration (interior / exterior color, etc), at the reserved price.

Note that I do not work for, or have any escalation points within, Tesla, so this is not advice from someone on the inside or anything. My advice comes from the fact that my entire career has been spent either performing, or managing people who perform customer service roles, including being a supervisor in a call center for a time.

There is always someone who can approve something, finding that person within Tesla is very difficult (in my mind, deliberately so). They made it that way because exceptions cost money (very few times is an exception about something that is going to save the company money). Tesla has made it deliberately hard to find that person / those people, for everyone, and that likely saves them millions a year in exceptions. With that being said, that person / those people exist somewhere, and internally they will have an escalation path, its just convincing them to use it, for YOU thats the challenge.
Thank you,

This is very helpful and I will see how I can use this information as I await his reply.

Thank you again

Reactions: jjrandorin
We’ve had a 2021 SR+ turn up in Uk today with the heated steering wheel and rear seats.

So there must be a “transitional” batch of SR+ with 2022 RWD specs.

Appears that way, just clicked on a couple random 2021s in inventory --

1636753632576.png
1636753656480.png

Looks like NCA and LFP

1636753764044.png

Reactions: Simonix
It might be worth a test drive. I know 5.8 seems slow compared to 5.3. From my experience, a Tesla feels much faster and is more fun to drive than an ICE with the same 0-60. Your old SS would win from a 0-60 perspective, but rolling at 30 and both hitting the gas pedal, the Tesla will win. The no shift, no engine mass to rev up, and the resulting instant full torque is hard to appreciate until experienced.

Before buying the AB, my MY had a 4.8 second 0-60. I had a very fast 68 muscle car that had a similar 0-60. The Tesla is so much more fun to drive, and other than hitting the power band in 1st gear, the Tesla feels much faster.

Reactions: Simonix
On the US Tesla design studio, under Interior > Features, there is no mention of Premium vs. Partial Premium anymore but the features are clearly still different between the M3 RWD and the M3 LR AWD. However, it seems like the rumors of standard heated steering wheel and rear heated seats in RWD model are now confirmed on Design Studio

I've included just the interior features that differ between the RWD and AWD models:

Interior FeaturesModel 3 SR+ (Partial Premium Interior)Model 3 RWD (2022 - Partial Premium+ Interior)Model 3 AWD LR/P (Premium Interior)
Audio and Media
  • Premium audio – 14 speakers, 1 subwoofer, 2 amps, and immersive sound
Comfort
  • Power adjustable heated front seats
  • (No Interior floor mats)
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Interior floor mats
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Interior floor mats
Convenience
  • (No LED fog lamps)
  • (No LED fog lamps)
  • LED fog lamps
Awe man, I was looking forward to the premium sound In the M3LR. 😕

They are carpeted floor mats, really thin and seem to be of the same or similar material as the interior carpet of the car.
For my situation (drive mostly from a garage to a garage), the OEM carpet ones are my favorite. My car stays pretty clean and I like how the carpet feels when I drive with my shoes kicked off (which is most of the time.)