Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maximum battery charge level reduced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My April 2015 P85D has been adversely affected by batterygate and chargegate (I believe). I had not really thought much about it except that long stretches between Superchargers became tougher to make especially in winter months. That said, tonight I get the message below and it stops charging very short of the charge limit. With a charge limit set at 70% it stops charging at 26% (on my HPWC at home). I already have a mobile service appointment for this coming Friday. For what it is worth, my CPO bumper to bumper warranty just expired (mobile service appointment was scheduled before this expiration) when I rolled over 100,000 miles
Anybody get this message? If so, would you share your outcome?

Attachments

• E7117855-112B-48EF-B655-3E8BA01BF11D.jpeg
    E7117855-112B-48EF-B655-3E8BA01BF11D.jpeg
    477.8 KB · Views: 6,542
I just got this same alert on my 2013 Model S 60. I submitted for a service appointment but I was bumped until February! Wonder if I can call and get serviced sooner. Any idea what this might cost since I’m definitely way out of warranty??

I had an appointment for today (Friday) to drop off the car. However I called yesterday after driving it to work. I got nervous. They said bring it on in since I was simply dropping it off. They only had 60s for loaners and they gave me the option to get a rental ICE. No way, I got a Model S 60 no tech package, but it has Autopilot!
They ran diagnostics already and confirmed that a battery swap is planned, but the battery won’t arrive until next Thursday. Hopefully my car will be ready next Friday.

Reactions: SmartElectric
I had an appointment for today (Friday) to drop off the car. However I called yesterday after driving it to work. I got nervous. They said bring it on in since I was simply dropping it off. They only had 60s for loaners and they gave me the option to get a rental ICE. No way, I got a Model S 60 no tech package, but it has Autopilot!
They ran diagnostics already and confirmed that a battery swap is planned, but the battery won’t arrive until next Thursday. Hopefully my car will be ready next Friday.
Considering the S was designed with “pit stop” swappable batteries, no reason it shouldn’t be ready the day after the battery arrives, assuming a tech and a battery jack is available to do the work.

What do you mean by no tech package? I'm pretty sure that the tech package was standard long before AP was even an option..
I was surprised too. Remember ALL Model S were equipped with AP1 hardware after October 2014 or so, but you could still order one without Tech Package or AutoPilot. Then, it goes back to Tesla and they turn on the AutoPilot. Quite the unicorn, albeit one less desirable.

Considering the S was designed with “pit stop” swappable batteries, no reason it shouldn’t be ready the day after the battery arrives, assuming a tech and a battery jack is available to do the work.
Yes, I would hope so. All depends on the delivery of the battery and the SC schedule. The pack arrival is based on ETA from the carrier.

No, in early days, the Tech pkg was an option, for my '13, it was ~$3,750.It included the nav and a bunch of convenience features.

I understand that, but I thought they made the tach package standard before Autopilot as part of the "end of range anxiety". But now I see that that came just a little later. AP announced 10/14, end of range anxiety announced 3/15. So there was only a few months of AP cars that didn't have the tech package standard.

But even so, I didn't think it was an option to buy Autopilot but not the Tech package.

Reactions: hingisfan