Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May 2022 Orders - when is your delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. I would interpret your answer to mean that I probably won't see further updates to my EDD until some time in December. So there's no point in me checking my Tesla app 3x day. :)
It is hard to kick the habit of checking the app.
My EDD was way out in Nov/Dec and then slowly made its way back to late Sept/Oct.
It seems supply is really catching up to demand so you could still get an earlier date. I think it is white seats that are delayed right now. With black seats you would probably still be in November.

Do not compare it with Canadian. US will be crazy this EOQ due to tax credit. May orders will be on the fence in Dec.
that is probably true, but what @arbitrage000 says about the white seats seems to be accurate, most of us in this thread with white seats are bouncing off the year end. Only exceptions are the MYPs which only come from Fremont anyway.
Tesla are trying really hard to only deliver geographically unless they have no choice, which makes good business sense.

There isn't a consistent pattern. I dropped down to 1 week from 2 weeks five days before the start of my 2 week window and received my VIN that same day.
Others enter their 2 week window and usually 1 day into it they get bumped out to a new 2 week window either 1 or 2 weeks further. I've seen others enter the 2 week window and then get bumped back to a 4 week window. Only occasionally have I seen people enter the 2 week window and then get a VIN and shorter window. I've also seen people go from 2 weeks to 10 days which is usually a positive sign but I've seen exceptions where even 10 day windows get bumped back to 2 weeks or worse.
Exactly what happened to me. Went 2 week window updated a couple times, then to a 1 month window, now back to 2 weeks again.

I think the biggest cause for this variability and wandering delivery estimates is that for many of us it is based on Austin production, which is of course in the middle of its production ramp. They still aren't producing all the options or models there and it seems that things speed up and slow down due to other factors at the factory/construction site.
Looking at the latest videos they have recently cut a set of gaping holes in the roof of body-in-white for new AC, so who knows how many cars they're making there right now. As our dates are moving out, I'm guessing fewer than planned for.

And now Dec 28-31. A 3 day window?! This doesn’t make sense
Wow, that is bizarre?? I've never seen such a short window unless a VIN is assigned and the dates are usually just a week or two away.

Maybe Tesla is giving fair warning that they plan to cram every car possible into the EOQ. Problem is if they deliver in those last few days you are in your right to reject and take delivery in 2023 to get tax credit. Makes no sense??

I'm already getting my popcorn ready to watch what happens at the end of December.

Have they given you a vin yet? I would have thought a 3 day window would include that.
I really hope they don't do that to me, we are away on vacation for New Years and like @louiedogg16 said, I really don't fancy getting financing sorted over the xmas/new year holidays.
Nope no VIN. I agree, I am busy during the xmas/new year’s holiday so that is going to be awful. I’m really confused by this

Wow, that is bizarre?? I've never seen such a short window unless a VIN is assigned and the dates are usually just a week or two away.

Maybe Tesla is giving fair warning that they plan to cram every car possible into the EOQ. Problem is if they deliver in those last few days you are in your right to reject and take delivery in 2023 to get tax credit. Makes no sense??

I'm already getting my popcorn ready to watch what happens at the end of December.
Yeah it really makes no sense at all lol. Hoping next week I get a change to the window

Our MYLR ordered 5/31/22 EDD has been all over the place (May 2023) and back again (November-December 2022). Earlier this week received a window of 10/31-11/14. Today we received our VIN and were given Wednesday 10/26 - Friday 10/28 as pick up dates. It’s a 3 hour drive to pick it up, so some plans have to be made to get off work etc. I responded to the text, asked them if it was possible to get some dates next week and I was told no, we needed to pick it up this week. My husband‘s moving mountains to change his work schedule to get there this week, but it has me thinking this has got to be a big bummer for people who may be on a work trip or vacation etc. Maybe I didn’t understand the agreement we signed, but I thought we had a little more time on our side to make arrangements (14 days??). 5 days notice to pick up or lose the car seems unreasonable. Maybe not??

Our MYLR ordered 5/31/22 EDD has been all over the place (May 2023) and back again (November-December 2022). Earlier this week received a window of 10/31-11/14. Today we received our VIN and were given Wednesday 10/26 - Friday 10/28 as pick up dates. It’s a 3 hour drive to pick it up, so some plans have to be made to get off work etc. I responded to the text, asked them if it was possible to get some dates next week and I was told no, we needed to pick it up this week. My husband‘s moving mountains to change his work schedule to get there this week, but it has me thinking this has got to be a big bummer for people who may be on a work trip or vacation etc. Maybe I didn’t understand the agreement we signed, but I thought we had a little more time on our side to make arrangements (14 days??). 5 days notice to pick up or lose the car seems unreasonable. Maybe not??
I believe the agreement sales says 30 days. When the said no, did they say they will just move the car to the next person and bump you back in line or cancel the sale altogether and lose your deposit.

Can you have them deliver to your home?

I believe the agreement sales says 30 days. When the said no, did they say they will just move the car to the next person and bump you back in line or cancel the sale altogether and lose your deposit.
I was so taken aback by the abruptness of his “no”, I told my husband we better get it figured out on our side. Honestly, I would have been fine to get back in line, but I’ve read some confusing stories about orders being abruptly canceled. I decided not to gamble. It’s just the suddenness of you have 5 days to pick it up or it’s off that I find so weird as a business model. Oh well, we got our act together, so I guess I’ll have it Thursday. Unless they cancel ;)