Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May 2022 Orders - when is your delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On September 29th, my window changed to 29Sep to 06Oct. So, I start scrambling. Then I get a message from Tesla that I can schedule my pick-up. The only window they gave is on September 30th — exactly when Hurricane Ian is to make its appearance in Charlotte (and the rest of NC). So after massive scrambling to do the trade-in and get certified funds, I show up at the dealership in a torrential downpour.

I get soaked, the SA gets soaked, the car looks fine — or as fine it can look in the midst of a tropical storm. I accept delivery and tell the SA that I will be going over it with a fine-tune comb once I get it into my garage. The only issue that I’ve found is that the two front doors are much too hard to close, so I’ve scheduled service for that.

They let me keep my mobile charger from my Model 3, and there was a J1772 adapter rolling around in the back of the Y.

So, a good experience so far.

We were extremely lucky in Charlotte that Ian did not come directly our way. (I was here in 1989 when Hugo did and was not looking forward to a repeat.) I hope everyone on this forum came out of the storm okay.

Mine is an Austin Model Y Long-Range. Build-date = 19 September. No matrix headlights. It did come with the tonneau cover in the back. The handover in the app went flawlessly. Both my delivery experiences have been excellent.
Glad to hear the hurricane missed you and you’re safe. Crazy they made u take delivery in a tropical storm though.

Model Y LR, 5 Seats, FSD, Blue Paint, Black Interior, 20" Induction Wheels, No Tow Hitch.
Ordered May 5, 2022.

Initial EDD: Nov 2022 - Feb 2023.
Second EDD: Nov 4, 2022 - Dec 30, 2022.
Third EDD on July 11: December 20 - February 14.
Fourth EDD on August 8: November 21 - January 2.
Fifth EDD on August 31: November 5 - December 17.
Sixth EDD on September 29: November 16 - December 21.
Seventh EDD on October 11: October 21 - October 31.

Today’s EDD was a narrower window and weeks earlier than the prior EDD. It did not include a VIN number so I’m taking this timeframe with a grain of salt. However, it appears that the trend of decreasing delivery waits due to the Austin ramp-up is continuing.

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88
Model Y LR, 5 Seats, FSD, Blue Paint, Black Interior, 20" Induction Wheels, No Tow Hitch.
Ordered May 5, 2022.

Initial EDD: Nov 2022 - Feb 2023.
Second EDD: Nov 4, 2022 - Dec 30, 2022.
Third EDD on July 11: December 20 - February 14.
Fourth EDD on August 8: November 21 - January 2.
Fifth EDD on August 31: November 5 - December 17.
Sixth EDD on September 29: November 16 - December 21.
Seventh EDD on October 11: October 21 - October 31.

Today’s EDD was a narrower window and weeks earlier than the prior EDD. It did not include a VIN number so I’m taking this timeframe with a grain of salt. However, it appears that the trend of decreasing delivery waits due to the Austin ramp-up is continuing.

That’s awesome, but soo confusing. I have the same build. I ordered 2 months earlier in March with an EDD into late November and no VIN.

I have no idea how Tesla decides who gets their car first…

EDD just changed from 11/11-12/16 to 12/9 - 12/31
Wondering if its because of the white seats, haven't seen any cars coming out of Austin GF with white seats.
I'm fairly certain Austin is only producing black interior 5 seat LR's and Standards, while Fremont is doing all white interiors, performances and 7 seaters. I think I would rather have a Fremont build since they've been doing it so much longer.

Mine did too. Ugh
"Dec 2022" is typically just a placeholder that seems to be given before the system recalculates more specific dates. It seems to vary on how long it takes till it recalculates a specific window with actual dates again. Sometimes a few weeks. But it may still recalculate to an EDD as good or better than previous. Not necessarily worse.

Reactions: tyler_k1 and JayoP7
Now mine says December 13 - December 31, changed from December 2022.
I stopped by the Walnut Creek dealer yesterday. The salesperson said it would probably be delivered Christmas eve. OK, I've read about the end of quarter situation. But it doesn't make sense that they all jam up at the end of the quarter. Surely there are deliveries spaced throughout the month??

I also quizzed him about the USS (ultrasonic sensors.) I read the long recent thread here, and like everyone else I'm stunned that they'll remove safety features considered standard. I guess I'll still get the car, but it feels strange. o_O

Ordered May 17.
My EDD just changed also to Dec 14 - Dec 31
Its so close to Jan, I may just ask if I can pick up on Jan for the chance at the rebate...

My electrician is installing my Tesla charger Nov 2nd lol... was hoping to have the car in November, guess likely not. At least I am ready.

Ordered May 17.
My EDD just changed also to Dec 14 - Dec 31
Its so close to Jan, I may just ask if I can pick up on Jan for the chance at the rebate...

My electrician is installing my Tesla charger Nov 2nd lol... was hoping to have the car in November, guess likely not. At least I am ready.
Same here, if I end up that close then I'm going to be out of town for the holidays and defer until January in case the tax rebate works out. Order agreement says up to 30 days after first attempt for them to deliver a car to you.