Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May AWD/Performance Orders -- VIN / Status Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Configured as AWD on June 27 and changed to Performance on July 8th.

My delivery estimate just updated today to August-October! It was September-November previously.

I'm reading other reports this morning of June AWD order delivery estimates moving up by a month. For those of us that have never had an estimate in our profile but ordered in May, I wonder what that means for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: mike8472
I configured in early June for a non P AWD and now my estimate says 2 to 4 months.

Thanks for the update. Anyone who configured non-P AWD in May has never had an estimate. Just this:

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 9.49.16 AM.png

It's frustrating when all the June/July orders at least have SOME sort of estimate.

Thanks for the update. Anyone who configured non-P AWD in May has never had an estimate.

I ordered AWD-P on 6/26, and have never had an estimate displayed on my "complete the steps" screen, only the "We will reach out" language. I can see an estimate only if I start to edit my configuration (which now shows "Delivery in ~1-3 months" once I re-select the performance model).

I stopped at the dealership that I'll be taking delivery at and asked some questions since I was in the area Saturday night (it's pretty far away). In particular I was curious about how the trade in process works, as the dealership is about 90 miles away and my trade in is in not so great shape.

They asked when and what I ordered (6/27, AWD) and the person I spoke with said she would expect I'll get the details on trade in within the next two weeks. She said that deliveries had greatly accelerated recently, and that almost every 3 they were delivering was significantly ahead of its original delivery time frame.

I believe we'll see Ps start arriving soon, and AWD cars start delivering quickly after that. My original guess was I would get it at the end of October, now I'm thinking there is a real shot of August.

Also, just for the record, she acknowledged they didn't really know in the AWD / P versions of the car yet and things could change...

Thanks for the update. Anyone who configured non-P AWD in May has never had an estimate. Just this:

View attachment 316588

It's frustrating when all the June/July orders at least have SOME sort of estimate.

I have the same thing, AWD non-performance ordered in May, never had an estimate in my account. At the time of order on May 24th I was told 2 to 3 months but its not reflected anywhere in my account.

Here are the details from Reddit of user "Usawrestling"

Previous Owner - Boston Area
Order placed 5-23
Black, no other special items (no EAP, etc)

They had a pending credit application and it had them complete it. For the trade in, it had him take pictures and it indicated they would receive a quote in 24 hours.

• Helpful
Reactions: autospy
May 23 order date, non-P AWD. This morning my edit button disappeared and I was prompted to submit a credit application for financing.

Still no delivery estimate showing up - just the standard "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery timeframe will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration."