Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread and checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere in the thread, but I'm picking my MSP almost 100 miles from home because the local center isn't yet authorized to handle deliveries. What type of leeway is typical if an issue is found after 100 miles have been put on the car?
Generally Tesla is not a stickler for this rule, especially given your circumstance. But I would warn you though, get use to a lot of "within specs" answers to your issues.

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere in the thread, but I'm picking my MSP almost 100 miles from home because the local center isn't yet authorized to handle deliveries. What type of leeway is typical if an issue is found after 100 miles have been put on the car?
I think the time frame of 24 hours is more suitable in your situation. Especially since you can make a case that you have to travel 100 miles home.

Depends on the SvC. I have not heard an exception for the 100 mile limit, but, one SvC said their policy was 3 days, not one day, to report fit and finish issues.

Picked up my model S today (my third Tesla). Pretty pissed, as this is the worst build quality I have experienced so far. Had a couple issues I wanted to post here to see if anyone else had similar. One is the rocker panel misalignment and if anyone has got theirs fixed, the second is this weird windshield/dash trim alignment where I can literally see into A pillar on the driver side.... Dont even get me started on how horribly the left side of my trunk is aligned. Service advisor already stated im going to have to get a new bumper due to debris in the paint, same thing on A pillar for passenger but I guess bodyshop will have to repaint that
I have all the similar issue you got

Four Teslas and have never had them hard stop me at 100 miles. There are you things you just don’t notice immediately and they are pretty good about if it is an obvious manufacturing or configuration issue.

Flat tires, tears, or stains. You’re out of luck.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne and cwanja
I had 2’ long scratches at the top of my windshield that could only be seen in full sun at certain angles. I didn’t see it until a month in. Replaced no questions. So bizarre about this “within spec” line and 24 hours so many report. No Tesla service rep has ever uttered those words to me. They’ve adjusted or replaced every concern I’ve had over 2 vehicles and 3 service centers. Not that my car would score in the 90’s at a concours….

Finally took my MSLR delivery yesterday. Alignment problems almost everywhere inside and out but since they are not sticking out too much or making a scene I simply chose to ignore them.

Possibly, car built right after Elons latest tweets regarding the workforce.

my car born 5-18, still a few problems. Most missing parts, some loose trim I fixed myself.

Opened the glove box and a rivet fell out.

It seems most problems on parts installed by workers, not machines. Anything they misinstalled, you can reinstall.

I found the wheels torqued perfectly. That is done by machine.

It turns out I jinxed myself. Just made my first night run outside and found the outer edge LED of my left headlight was busted already. Not sure it's not on since delivery or simply crap quality issue. You may want to add headlights to your check list during delivery o_O

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
After delivery, open the glovebox, expecting to see something like Welcome to your Tesla.

Instead, I found I have a bad case of glovebox mange. I removed most of it from the manual, but still apparent. I wonder is this is common, and if all the velour will depart. .

Attachments

• 16548291054143733699917987747112.jpg
    16548291054143733699917987747112.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 164
It turns out I jinxed myself. Just made my first night run outside and found the outer edge LED of my left headlight was busted already. Not sure it's not on since delivery or simply crap quality issue. You may want to add headlights to your check list during delivery o_O
Got a picture of that? There are two “notches” that are blacked out, which is normal (or at least - all Teslas with matrix LED exhibit this).

Attachments

• 511B808A-FD6C-450C-A54F-76DFA8DCBAB7.jpeg
    511B808A-FD6C-450C-A54F-76DFA8DCBAB7.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 136
I've got the yoke buzz as well. I have to put me ear with in 2 inches of the headlight switch.

In a more normal seating position, I can't hear it. Probably because of the dove noise in the center display.

Will report if the new yoke, coming today has it as well.

I've got the yoke buzz as well. I have to put me ear with in 2 inches of the headlight switch.

In a more normal seating position, I can't hear it. Probably because of the dove noise in the center display.

You’ve got the doves? I thought that bird house got demolished several SW updates back. Are you still in factory island release mode?

You can create a seating position where your ear is within 2 inches of the headlight switch? Pics please, lol

• Funny
Reactions: EightYears