Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread and checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my model S today (my third Tesla). Pretty pissed, as this is the worst build quality I have experienced so far. Had a couple issues I wanted to post here to see if anyone else had similar. One is the rocker panel misalignment and if anyone has got theirs fixed, the second is this weird windshield/dash trim alignment where I can literally see into A pillar on the driver side.... Dont even get me started on how horribly the left side of my trunk is aligned. Service advisor already stated im going to have to get a new bumper due to debris in the paint, same thing on A pillar for passenger but I guess bodyshop will have to repaint that
I have same pillar and grill mis-alignment on the driver side as your car shown in pic A1. Did Tesla ever fix that interior trim alignment issue? I'm brining my car in next week to have them fix it.

I took my car in for the back seat rattle and now it makes 10 times the noise it did before. I am living with the noise for now as I don't want to deal with the SC. It is so frustrating not having trust in the SC to be able to actually fix issues and having virtually no alternatives for support (other than TMC for emotional support:)).
Finally fixed and not with tape! The service center adjusted the seatback strikers and replaced the bolster clips (1609964-00-C).

Reactions: aerodyne and cwanja
Can you also share the problem description that they wrote on the invoice, so that I can ask for the same issue? They might be able to find the fix faster that way.
Screenshot 2022-12-14 at 10.46.28 AM.png

Reactions: n2mb_racing
This is all Tesla does for $300. They may use a different spray, but its a mold inhibitor of some kind. Vibration and sweaty sock smell can be yours for $160k! 🤣
I usually run a half can down the throat of cars that had this issue in the past, once or twice a year. My son’s old 2002 Ford Taurus was the worst offender! Locker room jock strap bad! 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: Bitjockey