Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread and checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, the museum mockup has some game functionality in the rear screen...why can't they do as advertised?

Attachments

• IMG_20230223_142139655_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230223_142139655_HDR.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 192
  • Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Going to throw this in since I'm sure it's been doing this since delivery.

In the car, when the car is awake, trying to get Witcher to work, I noticed a kinda gurgling or buzzing noise. Figured at the time it was pumps running.

Nope, it's the door handles. A very slight tug and it stops. Let go the handle and it starts again.

My handles are mis rigged so that the lights don't fully display, perhaps it is related to that.

So after service the other day, there was a new noise. Somewhere on driver’s side. Between back of seat and foot well. Sounded like a metal fastener rolling around. Present on hard braking and acceleration. Never from side to side motion.

• Pumped the doors. Nothing.
  • Checked for loose panels. Nothing.
  • Checked under floor mats. Nothing.
  • Checked front of driver seat rails. Nothing.
  • Checked under driver seat. Nothing.
  • Checked back if driver seat rails. Ah ha!
Put some double sided tape on a long thin screw driver and picked it out from the track.

View attachment 906963
Here's a quick fun fact: I found the same ballbearing loose in the passenger seat track of my new 2023 M3P. I guess all of the models "get the love". I guess it's fair to say "We don't get some things we expected, but we do get some things we didn't." LOL

I noticed some of the new Model Y’s have a similar issue as mine. Picked up my new S LR in early June 23, no issue at the delivery center or the drive home. I waited for the camera calibration to complete and tried AutoSteer and it worked great but new car so I only used it 20 minutes or so. Drove the car a few days without needing AutoSteer, but first time I tried it I got an error ‘Unable to enter Autosteer …cameras need calibration’ something to that effect. I looked up the issue in the manual went in and cleared the camera calibration, drove the 10-20 miles or so on an interstate for it to complete everything said good and it worked, for a day or so then did it again. This time I reset the computer completely and cleared the camera calibration and waited for calibration to complete 20 miles later - all go it said. But nope same error. Won’t go even go away now. Service appt scheduled.

I noticed some of the new Model Y’s have a similar issue as mine. Picked up my new S LR in early June 23, no issue at the delivery center or the drive home. I waited for the camera calibration to complete and tried AutoSteer and it worked great but new car so I only used it 20 minutes or so. Drove the car a few days without needing AutoSteer, but first time I tried it I got an error ‘Unable to enter Autosteer …cameras need calibration’ something to that effect. I looked up the issue in the manual went in and cleared the camera calibration, drove the 10-20 miles or so on an interstate for it to complete everything said good and it worked, for a day or so then did it again. This time I reset the computer completely and cleared the camera calibration and waited for calibration to complete 20 miles later - all go it said. But nope same error. Won’t go even go away now. Service appt scheduled.
Very similar experience. New Plaid purchased this past Saturday, drove the 1.5 hours home from Raleigh, cameras stated they calibrated but it would not go into traffic aware cruise (or auto steer of course). Reset once I got home, took the car out again, same exact result. Car says cameras are calibrated but cruise/autopilot will not engage. Called Tesla help line, they said 2 of my cameras are not calibrating and I will have to get it serviced. Next day my family is going out of town, and there's no way we are NOT driving the new Plaid. So took the 4 hour trip out of town with no cruise control to speak of--arrived with zero speeding tickets. That's the good ending to my story.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drew-MS
Very similar experience. New Plaid purchased this past Saturday, drove the 1.5 hours home from Raleigh, cameras stated they calibrated but it would not go into traffic aware cruise (or auto steer of course). Reset once I got home, took the car out again, same exact result. Car says cameras are calibrated but cruise/autopilot will not engage. Called Tesla help line, they said 2 of my cameras are not calibrating and I will have to get it serviced. Next day my family is going out of town, and there's no way we are NOT driving the new Plaid. So took the 4 hour trip out of town with no cruise control to speak of--arrived with zero speeding tickets. That's the good ending to my story.
Same here. One thing I did notice on mine afterward is that new alarm says ‘park assistance has been degraded’ and I’ve noticed the gradual disappearance of the dash screen to show other cars, signage or traffic lights like it did at one time. They just don’t appear in the screen anymore. Service scheduled for the 18th. Let us know how you make out and what they find.

Same here. One thing I did notice on mine afterward is that new alarm says ‘park assistance has been degraded’ and I’ve noticed the gradual disappearance of the dash screen to show other cars, signage or traffic lights like it did at one time. They just don’t appear in the screen anymore. Service scheduled for the 18th. Let us know how you make out and what they find.
Service did not end up coming out as they said I just need more time for the side cameras to calibrate fully. They were right, took the car out today and I finally have cruise and autopilot. So much nicer!

Service did not end up coming out as they said I just need more time for the side cameras to calibrate fully. They were right, took the car out today and I finally have cruise and autopilot. So much nicer!
Update to my update....Today got in the car, no cruise or autopilot. Sooooo, it worked for one day. I'll just keep driving it and see if the calibration will finally update and hopefully this time it will stick around for more than 24 hours. Little frustrating, but trying to not let it ruin the awesomeness of this car.

Update to my update....Today got in the car, no cruise or autopilot. Sooooo, it worked for one day. I'll just keep driving it and see if the calibration will finally update and hopefully this time it will stick around for more than 24 hours. Little frustrating, but trying to not let it ruin the awesomeness of this car.
Track your time logs as service will ask for them.

Latest issue I discovered - rear wireless chargers do not work.
My experience w/ Tesla wireless charging is that it's weak overall and unpredictable. Sometimes it would charge normally, sometimes after 2 hrs of driving it's barely up 1%. Believe me I tried to test the performance w/ all types of variables such as current charge level, radio on/off, phone cover on/off, etc. The result is inconclusive.

This is especially true for the rear chargers. You might want to take off the phone cover and see.

My guess is this is all "within SPECs", if you call Tesla about it.

My experience w/ Tesla wireless charging is that it's weak overall and unpredictable. Sometimes it would charge normally, sometimes after 2 hrs of driving it's barely up 1%. Believe me I tried to test the performance w/ all types of variables such as current charge level, radio on/off, phone cover on/off, etc. The result is inconclusive.

This is especially true for the rear chargers. You might want to take off the phone cover and see.

My guess is this is all "within SPECs", if you call Tesla about it.
Huh. Interesting. I've actually thought my wireless chargers are the best wireless chargers I've ever encountered. Mine always works, every single time, no matter where I place it. The charging does slow down when my phone gets too hot. I have a Pixel 7.

Huh. Interesting. I've actually thought my wireless chargers are the best wireless chargers I've ever encountered. Mine always works, every single time, no matter where I place it. The charging does slow down when my phone gets too hot. I have a Pixel 7.
We are iPhones family. My wife always complained about the (lack of) charge on the front charger. Like I said, I've seen inconsistent performances so I've conducted a few tests a while back - at one pt my hypothesis was turning the radio up affects charging. But the results were inconclusive and I gave up. I now just keep an extra cable or two.

How's your rear seat charging? Mine is especially weak, meaning I have to move it around perfectly (w/o cover too) to hear the ding.

We are iPhones family. My wife always complained about the (lack of) charge on the front charger. Like I said, I've seen inconsistent performances so I've conducted a few tests a while back - at one pt my hypothesis was turning the radio up affects charging. But the results were inconclusive and I gave up. I now just keep an extra cable or two.

How's your rear seat charging? Mine is especially weak, meaning I have to move it around perfectly (w/o cover too) to hear the ding.
I use the front chargers every time I get in the car, and so does my wife. iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max, both in original Apple silicone cases. Not had a problem with them. It's a two-minute process to replace that pad, so have Tesla mobile service replace it for you if it's not behaving.

Reactions: paulchou and jebinc
I use the front chargers every time I get in the car, and so does my wife. iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max, both in original Apple silicone cases. Not had a problem with them. It's a two-minute process to replace that pad, so have Tesla mobile service replace it for you if it's not behaving.
My pad just gave up the ghost one day and a Mobley ranger replaced in in no time; as if they head plenty of experience doing these! 🤣

Reactions: paulchou