Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MEL-ADL Supercharger route

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New destination charger at Fox Wines in the McLaren confirmed. Tesla reaches 200th destination EV charging point in Australia
With Ballarat, Horsham and Keith supercharging coming online in 2017 the link to Melbourne and Sydney should hopefully increase the Tesla traffic in SA from the eastern states. Savvy wineries and other businesses would do well to get their destination chargers put in to take advantage.

I'm on my way to Sydney and I've stopped at Keith Motor Inn. 3 phase destination charger adding 103km/h. The proprietor thought $10-15 was about right for an hour of charge so I gave him $20. On now to Horsham for the night.

Attachments

• IMG_6398.PNG
    IMG_6398.PNG
    132.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6397.JPG
    IMG_6397.JPG
    551.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Informative
Reactions: Chuq
I'm on my way to Sydney and I've stopped at Keith Motor Inn. 3 phase destination charger adding 103km/h. The proprietor thought $10-15 was about right for an hour of charge so I gave him $20. On now to Horsham for the night.

I'm in Horsham at the moment, scoping for potential Supercharger sites while the other half is Boxing Day sale shopping :confused:. It's a busy place today!

Reactions: mike_j and srwx
An hour of charging on 3ø 32A is 22kWh, so $20 is 90.9c/kWh. Another way to look at it is that you will drive 100km on that power, and the average price for premium petrol is $1.50, so that's the equivalent of 13.3 l/100km...

Either way its a nice profit for the motor inn. If they are paying 0.50c /kWh then $11 would be about right - and its quite possible that they are paying that depending on the time of day and if they are on variable pricing or not.

• Informative
Reactions: bradjc
Don't rely on the Sourdough Bakery in Bendigo. It's closed today and the power is off at the wall charger. Fortunately the City Centre motel around the corner was more helpful.

The trip is going well but the AP isn't reliable on these winding B roads. It's put me into the other side of the road several times today. Crests on curves are its undoing. Frankly it's so beta it should come with a warning.

Last edited: