Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Melbourne meet up and QA session with Cary

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cary has replied – his email is below:

Hi Guys,

I'm not active on the forum, so I couldn't post it. I won't have a car for another few weeks. So we'll reserve drives for individual experiences later on.

I'm free most days as long as I have 7+ days notice.

June 1st Sunday brunch perhaps.

Cary Clark | Australia Sales
Victoria | South Australia | West Australia | Tasmania

This works for me but someone would need to suggest a venue.

I have asked Cary if he would be available Tues 3 June at 7 pm at the club – some of the members (not me, I don’t have a young family) may find an evening Q&A easier than a Sunday.
I’ll let you know if this is an option for Cary.

Cheers
David

Cary has replied – his email is below:

Hi Guys,

I'm not active on the forum, so I couldn't post it. I won't have a car for another few weeks. So we'll reserve drives for individual experiences later on.

I'm free most days as long as I have 7+ days notice.

June 1st Sunday brunch perhaps.

Cary Clark | Australia Sales
Victoria | South Australia | West Australia | Tasmania

This works for me but someone would need to suggest a venue.

I have asked Cary if he would be available Tues 3 June at 7 pm at the club – some of the members (not me, I don’t have a young family) may find an evening Q&A easier than a Sunday.
I’ll let you know if this is an option for Cary.

Cheers
David

Sounds like Cary is happy with that time. Does that suit everyone else here? Good for me. Hopefully Cary can also invite people not on these forums as well surely there must be more than just us few who are interested?

Just had an email discussion with Tim - Sunday would be problematic finding somewhere for a reasonable number - particularly if Cary wants to talk!

Tuesday 3rd June at 7:00 pm seems to work. Cary seems OK with Tuesday but I will confirm and provide other relevant details later.

So, let us know who is interested, and we will get this organised.

Cheers
David

Just had an email discussion with Tim - Sunday would be problematic finding somewhere for a reasonable number - particularly if Cary wants to talk!

Tuesday 3rd June at 7:00 pm seems to work. Cary seems OK with Tuesday but I will confirm and provide other relevant details later.

Cheers
David

Should be great fun, looking forward to it!

Tesla Q&A and general meet confirmed:

7 pm
Tuesday 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] June
The Kelvin Club
14-30 Melbourne Place
Melbourne VIC 3000

I will organise entry and post details after I have talked to the club Monday.

Please let me know who can come.

NOTE: This gives Tesla an extra week to announce the pricing and delivery details (just kidding – I hope!)

Last edited:
I'm in. Do you want us to PM our names? Or wait until confirmation first?

Good idea - I will probably have to leave a list at the door so please PM.

do we need to dress up to get into the Kelvin Club?

Not too onerous:
Minimum is Smart Casual Attire:
For men: Pants, collared shirts or sweaters. Smart jeans preferred with blazer.
For women: Pants, dresses, smart jeans, blouses, skirts, sweaters.

Cheers
David

Good idea - I will probably have to leave a list at the door so please PM.

Not too onerous:
Minimum is Smart Casual Attire:
For men: Pants, collared shirts or sweaters. Smart jeans preferred with blazer.
For women: Pants, dresses, smart jeans, blouses, skirts, sweaters.

Cheers
David

Blazer! I don't own one, or have a suit:smile:
It'll be pants, collared shirt and sweater. I would have thought that Jeans and a funky shirt were 'more Tesla':smile:

Cheers
David

June 3rd works for me. See you at The Kelvin Club at 7pm.

Tesla Q&A and general meet

7 pm
The Kelvin Club
14-30 Melbourne Place
Melbourne VIC 3000

RSVPs so far:
doctorwho
Timpoo
Phillip
president_ltd
mike_j
salamagd
Isbrown

And obviously Cary and me so that makes 9 in total at this stage.

Anyone else is welcome – just let me know. If you PM me I will give you my contact details.

The food menu is normally limited Tuesday to toasted sandwiches and a cheese platters. However the club will make us pizzas but need to know what we want. Put your orders in – otherwise you will have to settle for what I order!

This will be a relaxed meeting downstairs in the club lounge which is always quiet on a Tuesday night.

I will be there by 6:00 pm - guests could arrive anytime after 6pm. We can have an quiet ale whilst we wait for the remaining guests.

Any questions?
Cheers
David

Last edited:
Tesla Q&A and general meet

7 pm
The Kelvin Club
14-30 Melbourne Place
Melbourne VIC 3000

RSVPs so far:
doctorwho
Timpoo
Phillip
president_ltd
mike_j
salamagd
Isbrown

And obviously Cary and me so that makes 9 in total at this stage.

Anyone else is welcome – just let me know. If you PM me I will give you my contact details.

The food menu is normally limited Tuesday to toasted sandwiches and a cheese platters. However the club will make us pizzas but need to know what we want. Put your orders in – otherwise you will have to settle for what I order!

This will be a relaxed meeting downstairs in the club lounge which is always quiet on a Tuesday night.

I will be there by 6:00 pm - guests could arrive anytime after 6pm. We can have an quiet ale whilst we wait for the remaining guests.

Any questions?
Cheers
David

If you wouldn't mind, can you please add my brother to the list: cdbrown. Thanks.