Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day 1 Reservation Holder

Ordered 10/19
  • Mid Range Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Enhanced Autopilot

Access to Tesla App
Edit button gone for a long time
Status says: We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment

Order and prepare for delivery circles are checked. Following this thread also freaked out that trade and Tesla financing weren’t checking the circles, so I switched to cash and no trade.

Can pick up in Fremont, but that wasn’t an option, it required home delivery.

Also, still irritated by this email from Tesla on 10/31 that indicated less than 4 weeks if can pick up in Fremont.

Same color combo but no EAP. Ordered a day later. Edit button is still on my reservation page. I do have trade in and want Tesla financing and those are still not checked. I could forgo both of those and may even save a few dollars at the expense of my time (local CU seems to offer ~3.1% and Carvana shows $10.5k for my old Volt but can likely get more like $12.5k) what I but rather with the holidays and lack of time not deal with 3rd party financing and selling on my own. If it was for sure that getting all 4 check boxes checked would help anything I may do it but this is all just speculation.

How long did it take for your to receive your VIN? I did not have a previous reservation, but ordered on the second day of the midrange release (the 19th) but have not receive my VIN yet.

You will get your VIN 1 week before delivery time. So keep checking your Tesla.com account every day, 5 times a day, or 10, whatever you want, and when you see a delivery date, count back a full calendar week and that's when you'll get a VIN. The VIN is actually on the backend already by the time you get a delivery date but a DA would have to get it for you if you have one. If not, call Tesla and wait an hour on the phone and the rep will give it to you.

But everyone's suggestion is to wait 1 week before your delivery to see it exposed on the website.

Question...I got a text (no email) on Nov 5th about my Nov 24th delivery date. Then sure enough 1 week out I got my VIN. But I still haven't received any email or text so I'm just curious about those that received their car when should I expect correspondence since it's like 5 days away?

Greetings mid-rangers,

I just received my text & email for a 12/4 delivery in Brooklyn, NY.

Configured 10/25. No reservation (though had one for a long time but canceled over the summer). Black/Black/Aeros/No EAP. Will update tracking spreadsheet.

Best of luck all!