Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our home delivery went well today. The car was in good shape, I didn't raise any issues at the time. I've since noticed three small things, but not a huge deal. Driver side B pillar is dirty, and the soft plastic pad that phones sit on is really scratched up. And we didn't get any phone charging cables at all.

The car showed up in the app about half hour after delivery. The cameras finished calibrating after 50 miles. Autopilot features worked well on an 80 mile road trip. Car was delivered with a 150 mile charge.

Road noise is .. Loud. I don't hear any wind or motor noise, it's all from the tires on awful Bay Area pavement. On new pavement the car is extremely quiet. On most pavement it's noisier than my pickup truck, just because of the tires being so close. No surprise.

So, aside from the three minor issues above I'm completely satisfied.

What size wheels?

The only (polite) request I would have, would be for you to repeat ivan's 0-60 test at 90-100% charge so I could break it down frame by frame again to ascertain how much his test was effected by the depleted battery. You both have 18" wheels according to the spreadsheet, so the 19" sport wheel effect will have to wait for someone else's test (like @Riggy106 ?)

100% charge would be ideal, but we (or at least I personally) wouldn't ask you to charge it that high if you've decided that you will only charge it to full when absolutely necessary on a long trip. 90% would give us a great real world test.

Thanks in advance for your contributions so far whether you decide to do this or not. Just remember the rest of us in your rear view and what it's like! :)

Unfortunately, there is a bank of snow out there right now. I did do a 0-60 test yesterday, but just noticed that despite me thinking the car was stopped, the speedometer was actually listed as 1MPH when I gunned it.

I'll try and pull it together, and do a 90% run. (Sorry, not going to take it to full this early in its life.)

Unfortunately, there is a bank of snow out there right now. I did do a 0-60 test yesterday, but just noticed that despite me thinking the car was stopped, the speedometer was actually listed as 1MPH when I gunned it.

I'll try and pull it together, and do a 90% run. (Sorry, not going to take it to full this early in its life.)

Is there anything that officially says there is a break in period for a Tesla?

Got this email today. Given the wording, sounds promising that our LEMuRs will get here before year-end!

4A603AC6-D083-477C-BE3D-321C5F01FE34.jpeg

Reactions: 2012MS85
Nice write up on Model 3 cabin noise.

Model 3 Road Noise Evaluation | Tesla

I did some super informal tests today with the db meter app on my phone.

Tesla:

On but stopped: 39
30mph on old residential street: 59 to 68
65mph on new freeway: 62 to 68

Ford F350 diesel pickup:

On but stopped: 52
30mph on old residential street: 58 to 65
65mph on new freeway: 59 to 66

Not at all surprised. The noise in my M3 is all tire noise, and varies a lot depending on the road surface. The truck wheels are a LONG way from the cab, so there's much less road noise. The diesel engine runs at very low rpm so it's honestly not very noisy either.

So no surprises and I'm not complaining, but my initial impression that the 3 was noisier than the 350 is plausible

Got this email today. Given the wording, sounds promising that our LEMuRs will get here before year-end!

View attachment 351719

Until I have my delivery date scheduled, I’m still a bit concerned. Whose to say they wouldn’t prioritize one of those cars over my LEMuR for higher profit margin? Don’t mean to be negative but it’s day 22 and I still haven’t heard a peep.

Until I have my delivery date scheduled, I’m still a bit concerned. Whose to say they wouldn’t prioritize one of those cars over my LEMuR for higher profit margin? Don’t mean to be negative but it’s day 22 and I still haven’t heard a peep.

So far the furthest out scheduled delivery I've heard is East coast, December 4th, right? That was last week - so about 4 weeks lead time. So I would hope, based on that, for deliveries confirmed in November to be delivered to the East coast about 4 weeks later...so still in December. That gives me about 2-3 weeks to chill until I get really nervous!

I did some super informal tests today with the db meter app on my phone.

Tesla:

On but stopped: 39
30mph on old residential street: 59 to 68
65mph on new freeway: 62 to 68

Ford F350 diesel pickup:

On but stopped: 52
30mph on old residential street: 58 to 65
65mph on new freeway: 59 to 66

Not at all surprised. The noise in my M3 is all tire noise, and varies a lot depending on the road surface. The truck wheels are a LONG way from the cab, so there's much less road noise. The diesel engine runs at very low rpm so it's honestly not very noisy either.

So no surprises and I'm not complaining, but my initial impression that the 3 was noisier than the 350 is plausible

I'm not sure the variance is enough to say it's plausible that you truely notice a difference. It may be that you're just hearing different noises.

Perception

Sound studies tell us time and again that a 3dBA increase in sound level is barely noticeable to the human ear. In fact, you have to raise a sound level by 5dBA before most listeners report a noticeable or significant change. Further, it takes a 10dBA increase before the average listener hears “double the sound.” That’s a far cry from 3dB.

How Much is a Decibel? Sound Perception Vs. Reality | ABD Engineering & Design

I emailed the rep that did my test drive over the weekend just for fun.

Got an email back this morning from an oa starting that i am in queue and they anticipate that I would get a vin assignment this week.

Not sure I believe that, but one can hope.

I ordered 10/23, blue, b&w interior, 18 inch wheels, eap.