Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posting on behalf of my mother, who I talked into reserving a Model 3 last year. Just so everyone knows, she did not receive an email from Tesla when she got her VIN and delivery date. She only found out because I kept pestering her to check her Tesla account. Sure enough, she checked it this evening and it showed her VIN number and said the delivery appointment is scheduled for Nov. 14th at 6pm! Two days from now! What if they had just shown up? I understand that some things might slip through the cracks with the ramp up and all the new employees, but it definitely caught her off guard. She's scrambling to get financing lined up.

Some details:

Model 3 Mid Range
Reservation date: 7/6/2017
Order Date: 10/18/2018 (a couple hours after the tweet)
Color: Blue
Wheels: Aero
EAP: No

What color interior?

Just looked at the spreadsheet and about 20 or so new delivery dates today... very good progress. No matter what people like to think and whatever your local Tesla advisors say, it’s clear early reservations are being honored, followed by people who ordered on the 18th, 19th and 20th of October. If you are in the reservation category and ordered the MR early, just be patient. I am sure you’ll hear something within a week. you are not a reserver, and you claim to have a delivery date, you are lucky or you probably ordered some other variant and are confused.
Do you think I should switch to black interior? 3/31/16 reservation with an order from 10/20.

Last edited:
Posting on behalf of my mother, who I talked into reserving a Model 3 last year. Just so everyone knows, she did not receive an email from Tesla when she got her VIN and delivery date. She only found out because I kept pestering her to check her Tesla account. Sure enough, she checked it this evening and it showed her VIN number and said the delivery appointment is scheduled for Nov. 14th at 6pm! Two days from now! What if they had just shown up? I understand that some things might slip through the cracks with the ramp up and all the new employees, but it definitely caught her off guard. She's scrambling to get financing lined up.

Some details:

Model 3 Mid Range
Reservation date: 7/6/2017
Order Date: 10/18/2018 (a couple hours after the tweet)
Color: Blue
Wheels: Aero
EAP: No
I'm glad I stumbled on your post. Just checked my account and indeed delivery appt. is scheduled for 11/26! Woo Hoo! Of course an email or text would have been nice but...

Reactions: model3fan
I didnt get any email or text from Tesla either. checked my account last night and saw that i had a delivery date updated!!

my car options were all standard, MR/black/black/no EAP
I am in MD and my delivery date is November 28th at 3pm.
looking forward to it!
No vin assigned yet though. I checked the source code of the page as well.

Edit: i was not a reservation holder. ordered 10/18.

If I ordered white interior on the east coast I'd be getting nervous especially considering possible weather and holiday delays.
This is currently the situation I’m in. I wish customer service had more information so I can make it educated decision. If I change my interior color now will it matter? Will it delay me even further by pushing back my order date? By the time I change it, will they already have batched all the black interiors? The only comfort that I have is that many of the current delivery dates are in the very near future. My best bet is probably to just wait and see what happens over the next two weeks

Reactions: Carl_P
My edit button is finally gone as of this morning! That's the first bit of progress I've seen since placing the order on 10/19. I'm guessing this means my vehicle should be going into production very soon ... :D
Same here. Edit option gone last night. No other updates. I am a reservation holder. Ordered on 10/20: Black/Black interior, 18" and no autopilot.

If I use the following, it takes me to account overview page. Clicking "Manage" button takes to the standard page with no Edit option. No hidden VIN either. Probably doesn't mean anything. May be Tesla's tricks to create hope?

Tesla
i dont think the edit button disappearing means anything. mine disappeared two weeks after ordering (10/18) and i just got a delivery date today and no VIN yet.

White interior orderers are still waiting.
And in the case of me, getting very impatient :) I'd love to have the car ASAP, but more than anything I just want a DATE ASAP! That way I can plan life stuff.

I will say Tesla's customer service is a huge turn-off, because well, there is no customer service. I ordered 3 weeks ago and no contact of any type. They have to know enough at this point to have some update on delivery date. Or at least when to EXPECT a delivery date.

And in the case of me, getting very impatient :) I'd love to have the car ASAP, but more than anything I just want a DATE ASAP! That way I can plan life stuff.

I will say Tesla's customer service is a huge turn-off, because well, there is no customer service. I ordered 3 weeks ago and no contact of any type. They have to know enough at this point to have some update on delivery date. Or at least when to EXPECT a delivery date.
Yep, I guess that's why they're profiting - don't have to spend any money on marketing and the bare minimum on customer service haha.