Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you just referring to the $1000 reservation or the $1000 and the $2,500 deposit?
It went to your checking? Not your credit card?
In both cases I used a credit card for the $1,000 and $2,500.

I used my credit card for my $1k (Fidelity Visa with 2% cash back on everything) and they refunded it to my debit card (their requested option, not mine). It showed up as a pending refund within minutes and posted the next business day. I hadn’t done the $2,500 configuration on that one. I can’t recall if I had an option for a credit card, but I did have options for debit card, ACH, or mail a check.

I'm already stressed out on not hearing anything on my MR order nor any of the the white interior orders.

But then my 4 year old kid keep pressing me by asking when we get to drive our new Blue Tesla?!? Wish I could answer his question.

Worst case: 2 days back he wakes up in the morning and walk straight out front door of our house and then turns back asking me where is our blue tesla? I was like.. what are you talking about? he was then said, Never mind: had a dream and saw the blue tesla car parked in front of our home..

my 4 year old dreams more than me.. Come on Elon.. Give us some update!!

Question for those who have already taken delivery. When your purchase order is ready, how do you receive it? Will they email it? Send a text message that it is available in your account? Or did you just open your account and it was there?

Also, how far in advance of delivery did you receive the actual purchase agreement?

Thank you!
When you say "purchase order", I assume you mean the MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement"? I was given a copy of it at delivery. My advisor did ask me if I wanted hardcopy of the paperwork and I said yes. The Vehicle Configuration sheet of the MVPA was also available online in my account soon after I had placed my order. However, I didn't get the Final Price Sheet of the MVPA until delivery.

When you say "purchase order", I assume you mean the MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement"? I was given a copy of it at delivery. My advisor did ask me if I wanted hardcopy of the paperwork and I said yes. The Vehicle Configuration sheet of the MVPA was also available online in my account soon after I had placed my order. However, I didn't get the Final Price Sheet of the MVPA until delivery.

I mean the final contract (which very well may be the MVPA). My bank won't provide the loan check without it, so I have to receive it prior to delivery. I'm on hold with Tesla now for the 3rd time today. The first two times I was told I would see it updated in my account within the next hour. Now 4 hours later still nothing. Bank closes at 5pm EST and with the holiday tomorrow, today is probably my last opportunity to get it. I may be able to push it to Friday morning, but would prefer not to risk it for my Sunday scheduled delivery :(

There is a good possibility that they can't deliver all the ordered cars in the remaining time (40 days minus all the holidays).
I know that Musk has guaranteed it, but this would not be the first time that he could not deliver on time (remember FSD by 2017?)
It wouldn't be the end of the world; the car just becomes $3500 more expensive.

I also don't like the fact that if there is something wrong with the car, rejecting it means an automatic $3500 extra (due to missing the deadline for tax credit). I had to reject my model S in September due to a fairly big paint problem.

I'm already stressed out on not hearing anything on my MR order nor any of the the white interior orders.

But then my 4 year old kid keep pressing me by asking when we get to drive our new Blue Tesla?!? Wish I could answer his question.

Worst case: 2 days back he wakes up in the morning and walk straight out front door of our house and then turns back asking me where is our blue tesla? I was like.. what are you talking about? he was then said, Never mind: had a dream and saw the blue tesla car parked in front of our home..

my 4 year old dreams more than me.. Come on Elon.. Give us some update!!

4 years old is way too young to be this concerned about materialism.

There is a good possibility that they can't deliver all the ordered cars in the remaining time (40 days minus all the holidays).
I know that Musk has guaranteed it, but this would not be the first time that he could not deliver on time (remember FSD by 2017?)
It wouldn't be the end of the world; the car just becomes $3500 more expensive.

I also don't like the fact that if there is something wrong with the car, rejecting it means an automatic $3500 extra (due to missing the deadline for tax credit). I had to reject my model S in September due to a fairly big paint problem.

When you factor in the holidays I also have a hard time believing they will be able to deliver every car order by November 30. I would’ve at least expected more delivery appointments set up this week for December.

Reactions: Heecct
So yesterday they told me if I wanted to pickup at a Tesla location it could add up to 8 weeks because they'd assign me a new car?

Then I said no I don't want that, leave the home delivery, please confirm and no response.

Hoping they didn't mess up my order.

The mid range waiting room has lately become a delivery anxiety waiting room, akin to first time Dads anxious about what could go wrong before and during delivery.

As a Dad, that feeling is totally relatable and maybe you came to this forum to vent. I totally understand.

Just to even things out a bit, I am now just simply waiting for my home delivery to happen on 11/27. Ordered 11/5. Loan via 3rd party which came thru for me yesterday and shout out to Derek my DA at NJ service center for his quick replies. MVPA was supposed to be finalized Friday but found out my credit union is closed that day so had to request him to expedite. He came thru for me today by sending out the final MVPA. Loan will be funded today and check should be at Tesla on Friday!

Not everything is bad news here. Hope we get more stories like mine in the days to come. Good luck to all !

Reactions: JO<3M3
The mid range waiting room has lately become a delivery anxiety waiting room, akin to first time Dads anxious about what could go wrong before and during delivery.

As a Dad, that feeling is totally relatable and maybe you came to this forum to vent. I totally understand.

Just to even things out a bit, I am now just simply waiting for my home delivery to happen on 11/27. Ordered 11/5. Loan via 3rd party which came thru for me yesterday and shout out to Derek my DA at NJ service center for his quick replies. MVPA was supposed to be finalized Friday but found out my credit union is closed that day so had to request him to expedite. He came thru for me today by sending out the final MVPA. Loan will be funded today and check should be at Tesla on Friday!

Not everything is bad news here. Hope we get more stories like mine in the days to come. Good luck to all !
Much of that is my fault, and for that I apologize. I'll keep my worries and complaints to myself from now on. Happy Thanksgiving everyone

• Love
Reactions: Babs89 and sunhelm