Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you complaining about lack of communication, feel free to cancel your reservation...I'm sure the guys with reservations below you will appreciate it. If you want a car now, go to a regular dealership. We're just barely under 6 weeks left to the end of the year and the sky is apparently falling down. For all we know, Tesla is sitting on thousands of white interior cars in Fremont right now.

Elon is saying you'll get the car by the end of the year and he has literally zero reason to not follow through with that.
The white knight talking white interior.

You can like a company and hold them accountable for their mistakes. It's okay, the world won't end.

Door gap is a mistake. Misaligned panels are mistakes. Paint imperfections are mistakes. Promising a 6-10 week delivery and then delivering 6 months after config date is a ridiculous mistake. The company should absolutely be held accountable for all of the above.

Lack of communication isn't a mistake...it's an annoyance. Believe me, my world isn't ending.

• Disagree
  • Informative
Reactions: V__2 and Badshirt
Door gap is a mistake. Misaligned panels are mistakes. Paint imperfections are mistakes. Promising a 6-10 week delivery and then delivering 6 months after config date is a ridiculous mistake. The company should absolutely be held accountable for all of the above.

Lack of communication isn't a mistake...it's an annoyance. Believe me, my world isn't ending.
Sorry, someone orders a $50k+ product from you and you go over a month without even reaching out to say 'Thanks for ordering' that's a massive mistake. It's super easy to fix too and it doesn't help their reputation. I get better customer service from every single other company I regularly deal with, and most of those are minor purchases.

They clearly prioritized profit over ramping up customer service and it shows.

Last edited:
Do you dream about Elon filling your mouth with cream each and every

Sorry, someone orders a $50k+ product from you and you go over a month without even reaching out to say 'Thanks for ordering' that's a massive mistake. It's super easy to fix too and it doesn't help their reputation. I get better customer service from every single other company I regularly deal with, and most of those are minor purchases.

I got a "thanks for ordering" message the day I ordered the car. I don't need anymore "thank you" emails. Even if Tesla updated you on the car, you'd still be pissed. Imagine Tesla updating you every week on the status of your car.

"Week 1 update...we haven't started on your car yet. Thanks for ordering"
"Week 2 update...we haven't started on your car yet. Thanks for ordering"
"Week 3 update...we haven't started on your car yet. Thanks for ordering"

You'd be even more pissed that you are now. And, I don't know about you, but if I deal with customer service that's as bad as you say it is, I take my business elsewhere.

For those of you complaining about lack of communication, feel free to cancel your reservation...I'm sure the guys with reservations below you will appreciate it. If you want a car now, go to a regular dealership. We're just barely under 6 weeks left to the end of the year and the sky is apparently falling down. For all we know, Tesla is sitting on thousands of white interior cars in Fremont right now.

Elon is saying you'll get the car by the end of the year and he has literally zero reason to not follow through with that.

So, why would they be sitting on 1000's of them in Freemont? Just to piss me off? Seems unlikely, so maybe you should think of a better excuse.

Next, Elon has never misspoke on Twitter before? He does it almost daily.

Sorry, I like the car, but I don't have blinders like some. This is my first interaction with them, and it has not been good. I'm sure there are fair number of people that have no problem dropping 50K on a car and just sitting back and waiting till it shows up at there front door, no matter when that might be.

Do you dream about Elon filling your mouth with cream each and every

I guess I don't understand the complaining...I ordered on 10-31. Bank sent me a note within minutes of ordering that there had been a $2500 charge. I immediately received a "Thank you" note from Tesla. "Your order is confirmed". An hour or so later, I receiver a note "Next Steps for Your Model 3 Delivery".

Scheduled delivery 12-4.

Reactions: vshanmug
So, why would they be sitting on 1000's of them in Freemont? Just to piss me off? Seems unlikely, so maybe you should think of a better excuse.

Next, Elon has never misspoke on Twitter before? He does it almost daily.

Sorry, I like the car, but I don't have blinders like some. This is my first interaction with them, and it has not been good. I'm sure there are fair number of people that have no problem dropping 50K on a car and just sitting back and waiting till it shows up at there front door, no matter when that might be.

Just to piss you off? No, I highly doubt that. Even IF they did have white interior MRs sitting around right now, I'm sure there'd be a somewhat logical reason for it. All I'm saying is that a company with an almost 60 billion dollar market cap probably has a methodology for doing things that's above a few people ranting on a forum on the internet.

I guess I don't understand the complaining...I ordered on 10-31. Bank sent me a note within minutes of ordering that there had been a $2500 charge. I immediately received a "Thank you" note from Tesla. "Your order is confirmed". An hour or so later, I receiver a note "Next Steps for Your Model 3 Delivery".

Scheduled delivery 12-4.

The complaining is pertaining to the white interior side of the house, of which they haven't produced more than one yet for the MR. Guessing with the timeliness of your delivery date, you probably got a black interior.

Ok all. This thread has been informative and for those of us following, understand that some of you are less than happy about the communications from Tesla, but let’s not continue beating it with a stick. It’s the holidays and let’s enjoy the car we will eventually receive.....even with white interiors . The constant bickering will not help and as consumers, we always have choices. Exercise your choice if you are not satisfied. I do believe we will all be smiling soon and hopefully before 12/31. Happy Thanksgiving all!

Some folks need to understand that Telsa is not your traditional car company. It hasn't been around for decades like some others have such as a GM or a Toyota. I would imagine most, if not all, of you who have ordered the MR are doing so because of the technology (e.g., EAP, all electric) and NOT because of the customer service. If missing out on the $7,500 is a big deal to you, then maybe this isn't the car for you. At the $50K price point, you have so many options (e.g., i3, Bolt) where you can buy and drive it today.

I am one of those who has not heard a peep since my order date of 11/1, however, it doesn't really bother me because at some point I know I'll hear something. I guess I am simply busy with life, work, and the holidays. Yes, I already paid $2,500, but it's not like it disappeared. It's been applied to the purchase of the car.

Just called Tesla and they moved up my delivery date by one week from 12/4 to 11/27 (out of town then so I’m getting it on 11/29). I ordered on 10/22, so from order date to delivery date it will take about 5 weeks. The car is currently in transit in Ohio destined for Maryland.

For those asking about how long it took from the Solar call, it was the next day for me. My backdoor edit link stopped working the morning after the Solar call, saw delivery appointment on the website that afternoon, and received delivery email that evening.

Just called Tesla and they moved up my delivery date by one week from 12/4 to 11/27 (out of town then so I’m getting it on 11/29). I ordered on 10/22, so from order date to delivery date it will take about 5 weeks. The car is currently in transit in Ohio destined for Maryland.

For those asking about how long it took from the Solar call, it was the next day for me. My backdoor edit link stopped working the morning after the Solar call, saw delivery appointment on the website that afternoon, and received delivery email that evening.

Pretty positive the solar call is completely random and not related to when you’ll get your car. They called me last week and it’s status quo for me.

Reactions: Bobbyducati

How do you know where is your car?

I never got a text. They emailed me and the email wasn’t from my specific delivery advisor. I had to call the customer service twice for my delivery advisor to reach out to me. And when he did he said it was not a problem at all.

Some more detail: General advisor emailed me I told him I wanted to pick it from sc instead of home delivery. He emailed back saying I will have to tell my specific delivery advisor that and he would reach out to me soon. He didn’t for three days so I called and asked the customer service. They said they would email my delivery advisor to reach out to me. He didn’t reach out for another two days so I emailed the initial guy again saying no one had reached out to me and I got the call from my advisor the same day.
So I just got a text back and they said:
Hello R, I could have a pick up arranged, but it could be up to 8 weeks with it being short notice. Does that sound ok?

Why can't they just drop my car off at a store location and I pick it up there? That's crazy. Then they said:

If there is a car that matches your configuration then it can be done much faster, if it's not a matching configuration that's why we have to give notice. I do apologize as well Mr. P, I just want to make sure I let you know in advanced so it would allow you to plan accordingly is all.

So basically I'm forced to have it dropped off at my house with 20 minutes to go over everything and inspect the car? Such bull.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, they still doing referrals? I ordered a MR midnight EAP. When does the referral get entered in the contract?

Yes, you need to place an order using the referral link. If done correctly, it shows up for the referee in a few minutes. If you did't use a referral during ordering, you need to email [email protected] with your RN and a referral code. If you need one, I'll be glad to share ;)