Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reservation holder for a couple years in CA.
  • Ordered mid range, white, EAP, standard wheels, black int on 10/30
  • Zero changes on account for weeks....last week, maybe 11/22-23 I logged into the account, saw no changes. Changed from Tesla financing to cash (get my own financing).
  • This morning I received an email and text message that my delivery is setup for 11/29 in San Diego. I now see a vin in my account.
I have no idea if the changes I made on 22-23 changed anything, maybe just coincidence?

I’m a SoCal reservation holder but from 4/13/16, seems like they are still prioritizing owners and day one reservation holders. I haven’t seen a SoCal nonreservation holder get a delivery date yet. If that happens though, then I’ll start getting worried. I saw 12-13 car carriers going south on the 5 this holiday weekend.

• Informative
Reactions: ggnykk
For everyone wondering about the power on the mid range:

we were driving home last night. after a turn, my husband went from 20 ish mph to 50 (the speed limit) and a cop pulled us over because they were thinking we were gunning it to avoid the cops :D

Thanks for letting us know how MR performs and glad to hear it is not a diluted version of a roller coaster on wheels. Did the cop at least let you off with a warning? Hope so.

Edit: Waiting for my home delivery tomorrow!

Thanks. I got notified by txt and email exactly at 0950 AM. I logged in later that day and saw my VIN and appt info.
Decided to "unwatch" the thread and only check once in a while.

So you had an email and text on Sunday? They are working overtime. You have been active in the discussion so will be really nice if you can please give us a timeline of what changes you have seen on your online account page (edit button disappear, vin, etc.) and communication dates from Tesla so far and as you go through the process in the days till delivery? Not sure the online tracker captures that.

The only change to my account was about 2 weeks ago when it showed my final payment amount and break down. Other than that all my information and edit button disappeared as soon as I provided all my registration and insurance info. I wouldn't not hang your hat on anything that happens on your profile on the Tesla site. If you are going to get your car, they'll contact you. You may or may not get a VIN.

Thanks for letting us know how MR performs and glad to hear it is not a diluted version of a roller coaster on wheels. Did the cop at least let you off with a warning? Hope so.

Edit: Waiting for my home delivery tomorrow!

We weren’t speeding so didn’t get a ticket or a warning. She just got suspicious that someone was dashing away near a cop in a new car lol.

Reactions: 2012MS85
Whoa, you don’t have to make it a personal attack. I never said there was only 240, calm down. I don’t even understand how you got this from my comment.

My apologies, didn't mean for it to come off as a personal attack. It wasn't for you so much as everyone in general, except for the last like, in that I hope you take the math into account.

I got 240 by reading the spreadsheet, which is how many MR orders there are entered. While it helps, it only paints a small picture of how many cars are bought and delivered. People seem to think that the spreadsheet gives you some indication of current trends, which it really doesn't, other than to estimate how many cars are produced.

The people on the tracker are a small subset of buying customers. Whether they get their orders fulfilled is not necesarily indicative of a trend, that's all I'm trying to point out .

It's been just over 5 weeks since I placed my order (10/21) MSM, White Interior, Aeros in San Diego and still have not heard back. I'm well aware I'm in the bunch of White Interiors who haven't heard anything back and apparently SoCal is seeing a delay as well compared to other areas so I just emailed my rep to see if there is any update on expected delivery. When I was first contacted I was told 6 weeks would probably be around the time I would see delivery and that date is fast approaching with no contact. Just updating on my situation in case anyone else is in the same boat as me, you're not alone. Will be back if I hear anything worth reporting. Hang in there white interior orders! I'm sure we'll get delivery before EOY.

Reactions: eokie and gecko10x
I think I spoke too soon. Right now it shows up as LR RWD if I click on the “View build details” link. However the total price shows up as $72,700. Edit Design button is still there and if I go in, it shows $55,500 as the total price which is correct I think. The Order Agreement has still not been updated and it shows the old MR with $53,700 as the total price (52,500 + 1200). I talked to the Sales Advisor and he said he does not know what’s going on and is talking to Operations folks. Has anyone seen this before?

I also switched to LR RWD and I also found that while some parts of my account reflected the change, the Order Agreement never changed. I picked up on Saturday and they still charged me the correct price.

It's been just over 5 weeks since I placed my order (10/21) MSM, White Interior, Aeros in San Diego and still have not heard back. I'm well aware I'm in the bunch of White Interiors who haven't heard anything back and apparently SoCal is seeing a delay as well compared to other areas so I just emailed my rep to see if there is any update on expected delivery. When I was first contacted I was told 6 weeks would probably be around the time I would see delivery and that date is fast approaching with no contact. Just updating on my situation in case anyone else is in the same boat as me, you're not alone. Will be back if I hear anything worth reporting. Hang in there white interior orders! I'm sure we'll get delivery before EOY.

I am sure we will hear something soon. I originally ordered on 10/14 and changed to MR with white interior on 10/18. Current owner and day 1 reservation holder and no update yet but will post as soon as I hear anything.

I also switched to LR RWD and I also found that while some parts of my account reflected the change, the Order Agreement never changed. I picked up on Saturday and they still charged me the correct price.
Phew. That's good to know. I still see the Edit Design button though and I talked to a Sales Advisor and he said a vin hasn't been assigned. Is that normal?