Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else notice that M3, MX, and MS order buttons STILL show 'order now for 2018 delivery'. 2.5 weeks left in the year. Is that realistic ? I won't pass judgement until I get mine on 12/17 - or not.
I just saw that. The front page of tesla.com says the same thing. I ordered Oct 23rd, and its going to take till 12/26 to get mine. Not sure how they can turn others around in 17 days. Maybe they will only let people order ones that are in inventory. Especially on the east coast.

My car was indeed delivered yesterday at home. While it indeed felt rushed (sign the paperwork last, inspect first, and take the offer to go through all the features of the car!), my deliverer was the same as my DA so I'm sure any issues will be fixed. The car only had a couple minor issues (one small paint bubble on the trunk, one panel gap on the trunk is slightly larger than the other, some rubber linings detached near the back passenger windows at one spot) but overall it was pretty stellar fit and finish. I'd be content even if none of the issues were fixed.

It was literally just 10 minutes of paperwork followed by 10-15 minutes of inspection (even while the Uber drive pulled up and was waiting for him), so it was a very quick transaction. The guy arrived within minutes of the delivery window starting. If you're concerned about delivery center wait times and have the option, home delivery is a pretty good option.

• Informative
Reactions: Rarity
I just saw that. The front page of tesla.com says the same thing. I ordered Oct 23rd, and its going to take till 12/26 to get mine. Not sure how they can turn others around in 17 days. Maybe they will only let people order ones that are in inventory. Especially on the east coast.

The only thing I can think of is that once they got the production of the MR cars where they wanted it they ramped it up pretty quickly and then just started pumping them out and sending them all over the place. If they feel pretty confident that they have enough cars in each region then they say confidently they can get it to you by the 31st. I'm skeptical, but it would be cool if they could squeak some more deliveries in as long as they don't miss people who ordered long ago.

There seems to be a change in the delivery date on my account last night - just says estimated delivery in late December. I am in LA and originally had a delivery scheduled in NJ on 12/13 with a VIN which was a mistake. They took it off after a call and this has been the only update since.

Attachments

• E9043C9D-6BD2-48F3-A0D9-9D7C4E01F878.jpeg
    E9043C9D-6BD2-48F3-A0D9-9D7C4E01F878.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 63
Have VIN and option to make a payment. There is an 'Other Amount' option. If I pay Tesla what I was planning to put down, will they provide an updated vehicle purchase agreement with the rest to be financed so that my credit union can cut me a check? No delivery advisor yet, not sure if I should wait or be proactive.

For what it matters to Canadian/Vancouver folks, I just received the following text message:

“Your Model 3 delivery appointment has been tentatively scheduled for 12/31 at 6 PM at Vancouver Service Center. Please visit www.tesla.com/teslaaccount to complete all Checkout items prior to delivery.”

Current owner with a reservation made in line, ordered Oct 20, white interior

I received that text as well. But no vin match yet. I'm not too confident in Tesla getting the car to me by end of the year considering how many cars need to be delivered.

So delivery set for 16th. Trade accepted, spoke to DA yesterday morning. Literally just need MVPA to give to my CU. No action after emails and phone calls to my DA. DA voicemail basically says dont call me I only work via email. Feels like a button push to get this moving. Frustrating as the clock is ticking. Bankers work banker hours so not feeling confident at this point Sunday is going to happen . I know my car is in transit if not already arrived. The DA told me as much. So question after MVPA is final what other hoops remain?

Reactions: Towner@2567
So delivery set for 16th. Trade accepted, spoke to DA yesterday morning. Literally just need MVPA to give to my CU. No action after emails and phone calls to my DA. DA voicemail basically says dont call me I only work via email. Feels like a button push to get this moving. Frustrating as the clock is ticking. Bankers work banker hours so not feeling confident at this point Sunday is going to happen . I know my car is in transit if not already arrived. The DA told me as much. So question after MVPA is final what other hoops remain?
I have the order agreement / mvpa showing in the online account ; just no VIN. My CU said they need final sales agreement

Have VIN and option to make a payment. There is an 'Other Amount' option. If I pay Tesla what I was planning to put down, will they provide an updated vehicle purchase agreement with the rest to be financed so that my credit union can cut me a check? No delivery advisor yet, not sure if I should wait or be proactive.
i have same question. I need the signed Order Agreement from Tesla. Not sure how I can obtain that. None of the Tesla reps are responding to my emails anymore.

Just got a text that my car can be picked up on Saturday, instead of the 20th!!. The pressure is really on to get everything straightened out with the bank and such. I think they need a certificate of origin is what it is called. My CU is asking for that too. Hoping my DA reaches out to me today.

Just got a text that my car can be picked up on Saturday, instead of the 20th!!. The pressure is really on to get everything straightened out with the bank and such. I think they need a certificate of origin is what it is called. My CU is asking for that too. Hoping my DA reaches out to me today.

Certificate of Origin will be sent by Tesla to you directly if you are in “self register” state.

If not Tesla will deal with local DMV including taxes and fees and you get plates.

For CU loan, you only need draft MVPA which shows VIN and new vehicle and purchaser name/address. Any local delivery center can generate and send that to you in minutes.

I am in self register state and I got all of my docs Fedex’d directly from Tesla including Title information and certificate of origin. Hope it helps.

I'm working with a CU, and they're ready to cut a check. I've got my configuration set to "CASH". Does anybody know how we get the credit union set up as a Lienholder on the title through Tesla? Delivering monday and STILL haven't been contacted by a DA.

Cash is fine and correct option. I paid bank check(financing from CU + personal check for rest of downpayment on delivery date at center.

One or two days before delivery, somebody from Las Vegas number will call you about the financing part including adding lien holder. They will input that in system. Expect call tomorrow.

Know which location they work out of? Go and see them to give them a nudge.