Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minnesota Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. Also with current price trends, MYP locked in at 57k base price is fantastic.
I agree that the Model Y is now a good deal, no so sure it was when the prices were $10,000-$13,000 higher. If you car is delivered before March 1, you definitely will qualify for the $7,500 tax credit (subject to possible income limitations). If it comes in March, your credit depends on when the IRS issues its opinion on the battery part of the tax credit and on the contents of the opinion. The worst case scenario is that the IRS announces strict limits on battery manufacture and sourcing on March 1 that reduce the credit for a Tesla to only $3,750. You may get more, however, if the IRS decision is delayed or the implementation of the battery restrictions is further delayed.

I agree that the Model Y is now a good deal, no so sure it was when the prices were $10,000-$13,000 higher. If you car is delivered before March 1, you definitely will qualify for the $7,500 tax credit (subject to possible income limitations). If it comes in March, your credit depends on when the IRS issues its opinion on the battery part of the tax credit and on the contents of the opinion. The worst case scenario is that the IRS announces strict limits on battery manufacture and sourcing on March 1 that reduce the credit for a Tesla to only $3,750. You may get more, however, if the IRS decision is delayed or the implementation of the battery restrictions is further delayed.
I figured it would be subject to changed rules once I saw the EDD. Losing the entire credit would’ve made me reconsider. 3750 minimum is still acceptable to me. If only I knew to order earlier 🤬

I figured it would be subject to changed rules once I saw the EDD. Losing the entire credit would’ve made me reconsider. 3750 minimum is still acceptable to me. If only I knew to order earlier 🤬
I would bet that the IRS announcement occurs later in the month and that there is a good likelihood of it deferring the implementation of the battery requirements to a later time. If this is the case, you should get the full $7,500 credit, and I hope you do!

The Biden administration has signaled that it really wants to promote rapid EV adoption and already the battery provision is causing GM and Ford to announce major investments for US battery production, meaning that the law is already working. It seems silly for the IRS to weaken the incentive now by slashing the credit down to $3,750.

MYLR
Exterior: Midnight Silver 19" Gemini Wheels, Interior: All black premium
OD: 1/22/2023, finalized order/loan offer confirmation on 1/24/2023 (Took extra time as I didn't receive any updates about my Mercedes trade-in)
Original EDD: Jan-March
1st EDD change (1/28): Mar 19th to Mar 31st
2nd EDD change (2/6): Mar 4th to Mar 31st
3rd EDD change (2/14/2023): Mar 25th to Mar 31st
Vin status: Not assigned
Update on 2/22/2023:
4th EDD change (2/22/2023): Mar 24th to Mar 31st
No Vin assigned.

(1/25) Order: MYLR MSM

(1/25) EDD established: Jan - march

(1/31) EDD updated: 3/21-3/31

(2/8) Switched order: MYP red/black tow

(2/9) Switched order: MYP Blue/black tow

(2/14) EDD updated: 3/1-3/31

(2/16) EDD updated: 3/1-3/21

Looks like MYP is coming sooner rather than later in March
Current EDD: 3/1 -3-29

Tesla SA sent me a text message saying that my vin should be assigned within 1-2 weeks

Reactions: scionbox
MYP
Order Date: 02/20/2023
EDD: Mar-Apr 2023

How long is it taking from placing an order to getting a VIN assigned?
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it was reported that Tesla orders exceeded the first quarter production capacity on Feb. 16, Tesla Model Y Reportedly Sold Out For Q1 2023. I could be wrong, but this almost certainly means that your car will not be built until well into Q2, meaning the April-May time frame.

If you didn't see the main thread, on
2/17 I changed build to msm/w/20/no tow and next day got a VIN. SA says it should arrive at the SC between March 3-4 depending on weather. Might be worth checking inventory as we approach that date

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it was reported that Tesla orders exceeded the first quarter production capacity on Feb. 16, Tesla Model Y Reportedly Sold Out For Q1 2023. I could be wrong, but this almost certainly means that your car will not be built until well into Q2, meaning the April-May time frame.
Please beware that production does not mean delivery. If the car was made on 3/31 in Q1, it won't be delivered until Q2. So the hope to get a Q1 delivery might be for people ordered a few days before 2/16. Or someone ordered MYP get priority delivery in shorter time frame.