Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minnesota Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good luck. I had to pay $25 to become a member. Plus $10 as account opening deposit. You can use credit card for these $35.

A little caveat, the rate I got was about 0.25% higher than the lowest they offer. To get that, the downpayment need to be 30% of more (loan to value is at least 70%)
Yep, I saw all that too. I was able to get the 4.99% rate too. I work for Hennepin County so I think I qualify for membership without the $25. I guess I will find out! I did make sure also that they are familiar with working with tesla since they aren't a typical dealer 😉

Reactions: scionbox
I'm in MN and new to Tesla and have no idea what some of you are talking about with regard to some of the acronyms used. I have a simple question that I hope someone can shed some light on... I ordered the following:
  • Model Y Performance Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • Performance Upgrade
  • 21’’ Überturbine Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Enhanced Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
My question is; based on the above, will my car come from TX or CA? I dont know if it is possible to determine this but I thought I would ask.

I'm in MN and new to Tesla and have no idea what some of you are talking about with regard to some of the acronyms used. I have a simple question that I hope someone can shed some light on... I ordered the following:
  • Performance Upgrade
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Enhanced Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
My question is; based on the above, will my car come from TX or CA? I dont know if it is possible to determine this but I thought I would ask.
Both plants make both cars. For a while a lot of MN people were assigned cars from Austin so I thought maybe logistics but now we see a mix of both. It’s a coin flip.

Reactions: Tcorn
  • Performance Upgrade
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Enhanced Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
I've probably seen more from Austin in the upper Midwest except for white interiors are 9/10 coming from Fremont. Chicago is one of the hubs and from what I've gathered they ship by rail before trucked out to other destinations like MN. Because of this, vehicles from both end up at the hub so could be both.

• Performance Upgrade
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Enhanced Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
MYP is only from Fremont

Reactions: scionbox
MYP is only from Fremont
  • Performance Upgrade
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Enhanced Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
Agree. MYP only comes from Fremont as of now. One difference is that it will come with matrix light. Austin made MY does not have matrix light yet.

• Performance Upgrade
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Enhanced Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
We refer the model y performance as MYP. Other than color, enhanced auto pilot, and tow hitch, all the configuration you listed are standard with MYP. So if you say MSM MYP enhanced auto pilot with tow hitch, people will know everything you listed above. And we generally expect the car’s VIN (when you have it) to have PF followed by 7 numerical numbers at the end. F stands for Fremont. An Austin made will have PA instead. A stands for Austin.

Last edited:
Yep, I saw all that too. I was able to get the 4.99% rate too. I work for Hennepin County so I think I qualify for membership without the $25. I guess I will find out! I did make sure also that they are familiar with working with tesla since they aren't a typical dealer 😉
Free membership?? Get take advantage of that! Good luck and keep me posted!

Just got a new EDD 3/17-3-26. (Earlier and bigger window from the last one

Edit: Tesla is not listed under their dealership. You just chose any dealership or other. I followed up by calling them and talked to a lady who is also a Tesla owner herself.

Reactions: Tcorn
Have you checked the tesla insurance? I am using Travelers and have gotten a discount by doing their driving score tracking. Mine is coming out at about $1100 for the year. We have a multi car discount though too.
Thank for your response. I have to check with Tesla insurance if they even offer insurance in Iowa. I will try Travelers and keep you posted. Thanks again

Thank for your response. I have to check with Tesla insurance if they even offer insurance in Iowa. I will try Travelers and keep you posted. Thanks again

Here is the list - Tesla Insurance is available to Tesla owners in the following states. Before I considered ordering mine, I thought it was only available in California.
  • Arizona
  • California*
  • Colorado
  • Illinois
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • Nevada
  • Ohio
  • Oregon
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Virginia
*Insurance using real-time driving behavior is not available in California.

I would simply like to receive my MYP before April. Not sure I care where it was final assembled.
When did you place your order?

I don’t know how many plaid in Minnesota. I had seen a black one on hwy 100 northbound last year. A very nice gentleman waived at my rental model 3 and showed off the rolling start from 60mph to xxx mph:cool: Maybe that was you?

Last edited: