Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minnesota Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I read someone on this forum that we have 3 days or 100 miles after pickup to report any issues with the car. I think it may just relate to cosmetic issues and not necessarily drive-related issues. 🤷‍♀️ guess I’ll find out tomorrow. I’ll let you all know how it goes!
I drove through the EP parking an hour ago and didn’t see one matches yours. I wonder if they are prepping it inside the showroom/garage. Spotted a shining brand new MYP Black/white without license in the parking lot.

Reactions: JessicaG
I drove through the EP parking an hour ago and didn’t see one matches yours. I wonder if they are prepping it inside the showroom/garage. Spotted a shining brand new MYP Black/white without license in the parking lot.
It must be there somewhere because they offered today as a pickup option, just couldn’t make it happen with work. Thanks for checking it out though!

Received the text/email notification at exactly 9am this morning to schedule delivery at the EP location. Dates were for next week Thurs - Sat (3/23 - 3/25). Yesterday my EDD had updated to 3/19 - 3/26. In the 10 min I was on the phone to coordinate window tint and PPF a lot of the early Thurs ones were filled. I'm quite local so I didn't need to be there right at 10am when they opened and was able to grab an 11am spot.
I got a 10 am on Thursday! Maybe I will see you there!

For anyone who is interested to do the window tint for the car in Minnesota, the law is 50% (plus or minus 3%). I heard the story of being ticketed for the dark window but did not know the rules. Here it goes.

View attachment 918514
For anyone who is interested to do the window tint for the car in Minnesota, the law is 50% (plus or minus 3%). I heard the story of being ticketed for the dark window but did not know the rules. Here it goes.

View attachment 918514
I’m a lawbreaker and prefer the look of even tint on all four windows. 😉 i have too dark of tint on my current car and haven’t had a single issue in the 12 years I’ve owned it. That being said, I drive like an old grandma and rarely late at night. 🤣

• Love
Reactions: scionbox
I’m a lawbreaker and prefer the look of even tint on all four windows. 😉 i have too dark of tint on my current car and haven’t had a single issue in the 12 years I’ve owned it. That being said, I drive like an old grandma and rarely late at night. 🤣

I posted it just for people to know that police can't pull us over not knowing what they are doing.

I don't know the specs of the factory tint in the rear but I will tint the front as well. You are going to be my role model driving a Telsa ;)

• Love
It must be there somewhere because they offered today as a pickup option, just couldn’t make it happen with work. Thanks for checking it out though!
I could not help my urge to make a drive by to satisfy my own curiosity of what Teslas are at their parking lot.

There are many new Teslas in their garage and I am sure yours is in there to stay out of the harsh weather until tomorrow.

Good luck and keep us posted how it goes!

I picked mine up from the Rogers location exactly 2 months ago. Grabbed an instock unit a couple hours after the price cuts, 2k miles later and no issues. LR 19" from Fremont that came with matrix lights, mud flaps, ppf. Tires are solid moving through the MN snow but awful when you have to do some 90 degree turning like at an intersection etc. Def will be looking at different all seasons when the time comes to change but are adequate enough until then

Thanks for sharing! You must have been ready to buy before the price cut. And $13k was a gift to you!

Why was the 90 degree turn aweful? Was the wheel/tire size the cause? Can you please explain? I thought it would be no difference than other cars doing this.

We're going to tint the front windows 50%, and maaaaaybe windshield 70%, both are limit here. Our other car has 15% on both (different country) and at night in dim lit areas I haaaate it, can't see anything especially people crossing the road.

Another good reason to follow your local limit is if you get pulled over for anything else the officer might notice it and add that on. Sometimes they'll see it but wait and follow you looking for additional infractions to make the stop worthwhile. But to those of you who want to risk it, I totally get it, we have plenty of trucks here with tires sticking out 2 sometimes 3 inches with no flares and they never get bothered. Police force here is so short staffed that they allocate next to no time for traffic and motor vehicle violations

Received my car today :D

Couple notes for my MYP

Missing washer fluid cap
Loose 2 pin wire underneath passenger seat
Plastic wrapping in upper trim near glass
Steering is twitchy at highway speeds

Super happy to have the car, got a service appointment to get everything checked out soon

And pictures of the car now that it’s light outside. Thanks to Ruth at Rogers tesla

Attachments

• IMG_9525.jpeg
    IMG_9525.jpeg
    883.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_9524.jpeg
    IMG_9524.jpeg
    875.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9523.jpeg
    IMG_9523.jpeg
    903.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9517.jpeg
    IMG_9517.jpeg
    656.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_9521.jpeg
    IMG_9521.jpeg
    635.2 KB · Views: 43
Congrats! Is the touch screen tilted towards you? I rented Model 3 before and did not remember the touch screen on Model 3 was tilted.

It is, it’s a techforum atlas plus mount. Installed the moment I got home

Discount 50 for $50 off, if it doesn’t work FTG35 for $35 off

Attachments

• IMG_9528.jpeg
    IMG_9528.jpeg
    442.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Love
Reactions: Tcorn and scionbox
It is, it’s a techforum atlas plus mount. Installed the moment I got home

Discount 50 for $50 off, if it doesn’t work FTG35 for $35 off
You wasted no time dressing up your new toy!!!

Reactions: ursubpar