Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missed 7.1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the notification to install and I delayed it until midnight last night. Checking the release notes, it looks like it didn't happen. Any way to go back and re-schedule, or, do I have to wait until the next time they ask?

From the manual...

When a software update is available, a yellow clock icon appears on the touchscreen’s status bar. Touch the clock icon to display the update window. You can then either:
• Schedule the update by setting the time you want the update to begin. Then touch Set For This Time. Once scheduled, the yellow clock icon on the touchscreen’s status bar becomes white. You can reschedule the update any time before it begins.
OR
• Touch Install Now to immediately start the
update process.

From the manual...

When a software update is available, a yellow clock icon appears on the touchscreen’s status bar. Touch the clock icon to display the update window. You can then either:
• Schedule the update by setting the time you want the update to begin. Then touch Set For This Time. Once scheduled, the yellow clock icon on the touchscreen’s status bar becomes white. You can reschedule the update any time before it begins.
OR
• Touch Install Now to immediately start the
update process.

Yes, thanks - I saw that as well and is why I'm curious about what's going on, because, I got the original notification and now I don't see a yellow clock icon.

Anyone knows if it will increase the chance of getting software update from Tesla if I make the car "always connected" and never sleep?
Do some searches on these options -- lots of other threads. My net recommendation is to leave Energy Saving ON and Always Connected CHECKED. On my S90D, the combo has about 1-2 miles of vampire loss per day, with the significant benefit your MS will wake up for things like the Tesla App in a matter of seconds vs potentially minutes if it's actually asleep (which is what "Always Connected UNCHECKED" will provide.)

Hopefully you've got your update by now. Many on the West Coast are now receiving theirs. I know from your many posts you're anxious!