TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Missed 7.1?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by WMAC, Jan 12, 2016.

1. WMAC

WMAC Member

I got the notification to install and I delayed it until midnight last night. Checking the release notes, it looks like it didn't happen. Any way to go back and re-schedule, or, do I have to wait until the next time they ask?

2. DCGOO

DCGOO Member

From the manual...

When a software update is available, a yellow clock icon appears on the touchscreen’s status bar. Touch the clock icon to display the update window. You can then either:
    • Schedule the update by setting the time you want the update to begin. Then touch Set For This Time. Once scheduled, the yellow clock icon on the touchscreen’s status bar becomes white. You can reschedule the update any time before it begins.
    OR
    • Touch Install Now to immediately start the
    update process.

3. WMAC

WMAC Member

Yes, thanks - I saw that as well and is why I'm curious about what's going on, because, I got the original notification and now I don't see a yellow clock icon.

4. DCGOO

DCGOO Member

I would select the (T)esla menu and check the version you are running. Maybe you installed it already. But beyond that, I cannot offer any advice.

5. Babasnoopy

Babasnoopy Member

I'm in the same situation. Let the speculation begin, but maybe they pulled the update for some reason????

WMAC, what trim are you driving? I'm 70D. Maybe some correlation

6. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

I'm a 70D and I got the update yesterday

7. WMAC

WMAC Member

S70 - I did get in the car at about 12:30 to see if I could see anything. Everything looked normal other than charging was unavailable. Maybe I interrupted it.

8. Ronist

Ronist Member

Anyone knows if it will increase the chance of getting software update from Tesla if I make the car "always connected" and never sleep?

9. BertL

BertL Active Member

Do some searches on these options -- lots of other threads. My net recommendation is to leave Energy Saving ON and Always Connected CHECKED. On my S90D, the combo has about 1-2 miles of vampire loss per day, with the significant benefit your MS will wake up for things like the Tesla App in a matter of seconds vs potentially minutes if it's actually asleep (which is what "Always Connected UNCHECKED" will provide.)

Hopefully you've got your update by now. Many on the West Coast are now receiving theirs. I know from your many posts you're anxious!

10. freeewilly

freeewilly Member

I didn't get update message until Tuesday night, because I enabled Energy Saving. I turned off the Energy Saving on Tuesday afternoon, and got the update within few hours.

11. WMAC

WMAC Member

thanks! I'll try it now.