Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course the problem is with the app. I think maybe you missed the earlier posts about changing the phone's region as a temporary workaround for the km/miles issue ... (not my advice by the way!) @Nick77 thought that it was a setting in the app so I was pointing out that it was a phone setting not an app setting, as discovered and posted about by @Simonix
To be fair, I didn’t discover it, I read about it from someone else on here. Can’t remember which thread it was on though?!

Either way, I’ve been running my phone for the last 4/5 days now with it in the US region, and apart from the date readout on my email inbox being in US format, I haven’t noticed any other “detrimental”changes to any other apps or usage problems. My Tesla app is still reading in centigrade too.

To be fair, I didn’t discover it, I read about it from someone else on here. Can’t remember which thread it was on though?!

Either way, I’ve been running my phone for the last 4/5 days now with it in the US region, and apart from the date readout on my email inbox being in US format, I haven’t noticed any other “detrimental”changes to any other apps or usage problems. My Tesla app is still reading in centigrade too.
Just out of curiosity can you do any bank transactions after changing the region setting?

As a new owner, I've noticed that there's a discrepancy between the app and the widget display of the battery percentage. Has this always been the case?

For example, app shows 65% battery, while the widget shows 64% - not a huge difference in this case. This is on iphone btw.

Just out of curiosity can you do any bank transactions after changing the region setting?
Not had any problems with my banking app. Nor with my Apple Pay payments.

Because I find I am using my Tesla app every day, to check for mileage range and also odometer readings for work, it’s easier for me to leave on US region for this purpose.

I guess the point is, it takes a few seconds to change the region back if you want to do a more uncommmon task, which you’re also a little concerned won’t work properly.

It’s only a hack until they update the app again in a week or so (they seem to update it every few weeks looking at the version history on the App Store).

As a new owner, I've noticed that there's a discrepancy between the app and the widget display of the battery percentage. Has this always been the case?

For example, app shows 65% battery, while the widget shows 64% - not a huge difference in this case. This is on iphone btw.
In milder weather, the battery can sometimes have an available or ‘cold’ state of charge that can differ from the actual state of charge up until the batteries have warmed up.

In the most recent update to the app, the actual state of charge is always shown in the UI, whereas the available state of charge is shown in the car and the widget. It’s unclear if this is intentional or not because the most recent app update has other issues.

Reactions: guru1
Not had any problems with my banking app. Nor with my Apple Pay payments.

Because I find I am using my Tesla app every day, to check for mileage range and also odometer readings for work, it’s easier for me to leave on US region for this purpose.

I guess the point is, it takes a few seconds to change the region back if you want to do a more uncommmon task, which you’re also a little concerned won’t work properly.

It’s only a hack until they update the app again in a week or so (they seem to update it every few weeks looking at the version history on the App Store).
Agree. Will wait for Tesla to update the app. I don't need odometer reading that much other than to check whether I have crossed the limit set by the lease company and I normally use the battery percentage in the app. So odometer readings in Kms is just a little bit of annoyance rather than anything major. I can live with it till they update!

Reactions: Simonix

Yes, I did notice this which wasn't the case before they updated the app. Again don't know the reasons why there is a slight discrepancy but as it is just 1% it did not bother me that much and I normally use the watch for Tesla app widget rather than the Tesla widget. As @doats1 mentioned the new app has other issues that needed sorting!

Reactions: guru1
Moderation comment - thread renamed to include general 4.4 discussion from "Mobile app 4.4.0 gone metric?"

Since updating to 4.4.0 my mobile app (iOS) seems to have decided to show stuff in kilometres rather than miles (so range and last charging session for example). Anyone else seeing the same?
I can confirm mine is doing the same. I did look at what the car is using as I would not want to be driving around attempting to derive Km’s to Miles.

Sure I read somewhere that press and holding the clock resyncs it with GPS location. Particularly in US where you can travel over a few time zones.

The km issue is known on latest Tesla app and multiple reports. Likely coincidence.

In milder weather, the battery can sometimes have an available or ‘cold’ state of charge that can differ from the actual state of charge up until the batteries have warmed up.

In the most recent update to the app, the actual state of charge is always shown in the UI, whereas the available state of charge is shown in the car and the widget. It’s unclear if this is intentional or not because the most recent app update has other issues.
Experienced the same thing today after updating app.
Before update SOC in car and in app the same 35%
After app update SOC car 35% and in app 41% !
The battery is cold, snowflake both in car and app. Hope it is a bug and corrected soon.

Yup, I got this too.

I’m in app version 4.4.0-810

App was showing miles an hour ago, now shows range in km and shows ‘km add added in the last charging session’

So has my app automatically updated on my phone? Is this why this change has happened?

Just found this suggested fix on YouTube. It tells you to change your region to USA. It does fix the km situation on the App making it show in miles. This suggests that Tesla just has the wrong units for the UK region in the most recent app.