Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect those that aren’t affected are using the previous version of the app, but happy to be proven wrong.
Yeah seems to be they are either:
- using a previous version
- have their region set to the US.

Not read about any other exceptions online.

This is 100% a bug and is very widespread.

It is a little annoying that total mileage is in KM now but may force me to finally learn the conversion from KM to miles, which can't be a bad thing to know. 😅

Reactions: Mark-R
Yes, I should have clarified that I was using ios. With any luck you may skip this bug on Android. Maybe it's that the app interacts with ios in a different way.
I have the latest version on android from an APK, 4.4.0-810 and it has the bug. Oh well…

Moderation comment - fixed typo

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: Adopado and Mark-R
No its already correctly on miles, and as far as I know always has been.
Can you check your app versions especially if it is iOS.? This is widespread and lots of users have complained. If you have the new version of iOS app and region set as UK then you will have the total miles and remaining miles displayed as Kms in UK. If not, could you please clarify your settings including region and the app version and platform?

It's Android, but the version and miles is below. I don't have any region settings available in my app. The charge settings also show range in miles.

IMG_20211218_235007.jpg

IMG_20211218_235114.jpg

No its already correctly on miles, and as far as I know always has been.

It's Android, but the version and miles is below. I don't have any region settings available in my app. The charge settings also show range in miles.

View attachment 745749

The bug is only affecting 4.4.0 so far so your version 4.3.1 is not affected, hence you are still seeing miles.

Reactions: Nick77
Moderation comment - thread renamed to include general 4.4 discussion from "Mobile app 4.4.0 gone metric?"

Since updating to 4.4.0 my mobile app (iOS) seems to have decided to show stuff in kilometres rather than miles (so range and last charging session for example). Anyone else seeing the same?
I do have the same problem but i didn’t figure out how to solve this issue

That’s not the problem here. Phone settings are correct. Other apps are working fine and even the Tesla app widget is in miles. The main Tesla app has suddenly changed from miles to km. The problem is with the app.
Of course the problem is with the app. I think maybe you missed the earlier posts about changing the phone's region as a temporary workaround for the km/miles issue ... (not my advice by the way!) @Nick77 thought that it was a setting in the app so I was pointing out that it was a phone setting not an app setting, as discovered and posted about by @Simonix

Reactions: tj333 and Simonix
Moderation comment - similar thread merged from "UK model 3 showing time an hour ahead plus app showing km" to avoid cross posting

Has anyone else noticed their UK model 3 showing time an hour ahead? Updated firmware to 2021.44.5 not sure if the clock changed straight after the update or randomly today. This coupled with the app showing km makes me wonder if the US think the UK is now part of mainland Europe!

Having been told auto windscreen wipers are in beta and yeah they don’t work 100% we now get a clock that is out an hour and an app that now shows km only. No way of change the app to miles or your clock to UK daylight saving time! Scheduled charging for octopus go now screwed by an hour!

Tesla gone a bit loopy?

Last edited by a moderator: