Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model 3 75D..... badge thoughts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously.

What's the big deal?
Why should anyone give a Rat's posterior what another person does with their car as long as it doesn't compromise the safety features? Re-badge it with Bugatti badges, who cares?
Mercedes star? Go for it!
Put a M3 on it from BMW? Cool!

I have a badge of the logo of my University on the back of mine. Why should you care? WAIT! I put a Carbon Fiber spoiler on my PLAIN 100D. That makes me a poser, right? Oh wait, I WANTED the 100D for the range...

Now. If I put any of this stuff on YOUR car, then you can care.....

Geez. This has to be the lamest thread on the whole forum.....

Shame is a powerful motivator to curtail socially undesirable behavior.

Now that there is no shame, we have over 25% of all households without fathers.

Next we’ll have Tesla’s in Fast and the Furious movies.

Allowing nasty Tesla modifications to flourish are going to be the catalyst that leads to mankind’s extinction event.

I will keep the dual motor badge on for the occasional winter highway checkpoint. But one of the reasons we liked the P3D- was exactly because it looked like the other models. I don't like extra attention in the parking lot; I don't want my neighbors to know what I paid for my car. It's for me to enjoy and no one else; I hope everyone thinks it's a standard SD with wheel covers.
Everybody assumes you paid a ton of money for it anyway. Not one person thinks my car was 35k. They all assume it's like 6 figures for some reason.

Everybody assumes you paid a ton of money for it anyway. Not one person thinks my car was 35k. They all assume it's like 6 figures for some reason.

I have opposite experience. Friend, who is a physician, drives a Chevy Volt. I send him a photo of the Model-3 I rent on Turo. He gets super excited and comes right over to check it out. He's sitting in it, commenting how nice it is, and then he says (I kid you not);

mydumbassdoctorfriend said:
So how much is this, anyway, $30,000?

Shame is a powerful motivator to curtail socially undesirable behavior.

Now that there is no shame, we have over 25% of all households without fathers.

Next we’ll have Tesla’s in Fast and the Furious movies.

Allowing nasty Tesla modifications to flourish are going to be the catalyst that leads to mankind’s extinction event.
Not sure if serious.