Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model 3 75D..... badge thoughts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this what you want?

Obviously that was "tramp stamped" on a dare, right?

Personally, I got the "model 3" badging because I liked the stock look of it and how it matches their other cars. It is made just for this car. I feel that putting non matching badging, such as M3 from a totally different vehicle, is just asking for scrutiny, both from Tesla and BMW enthusiasts. Also, badging from the S or X technically would be correct designation of proper battery sizes BUT Tesla did not choose to differentiate the model 3 in this fashion. The "Dual Motor" badges are the only "brand approved" designators for the model 3. So ultimately you choose if your car gets it (badges) or not, but know that anything other than what's "supposed" to be on there is easily open to interpretation of what kind of person is behind the wheel. Go ahead and get creative, so will everyone else's interpretation, lol.

I have the performance, and want the appropriate badging when it becomes available. It will balance off the "model 3" on the other side. I'm proud to have gotten this model and want it designated as such. If anyone thinks that is show boating, well then... I don't know what to tell ya. You probably are just mad at the world, lol.

images(2).jpg

I know this is going to cause a discussion. I understand that tesla is purposely keeping the battery designation out of the name of the model 3 variants, I am new to the tesla brand. That being said, being someone who is a car lover and anxiously awaiting my model 3 long range dual motor, i see there being some use in the conventional model naming. There will be short range variants, so 3D does nothing to distinguish the range. model 3 310D is a confusing mouthful. I am of the opinion that there isn't a bad model or variant of tesla cars. they are all very impressive and unique. Each one is a part of our life stories and personalities. I am rambling, sure, but don't be surprised if you see a model 3 with a 75D badge, or even a P75D that owners have placed on themselves. Thoughts?......
Model 3 LR, Model 3 SR.

Reactions: austinmichaeld
I have the performance, and want the appropriate badging when it becomes available. It will balance off the "model 3" on the other side. I'm proud to have gotten this model and want it designated as such. If anyone thinks that is show boating, well then... I don't know what to tell ya. You probably are just mad at the world, lol.
View attachment 335888

I'm looking forward to my badging as well. Also a desiring that carbon fiber spoiler. Just posted it for funs and giggles.

Reactions: Nocturnal
I have nothing against people putting badges or even custom ones. It's their cars and they can do whatever they want.

But when badges get very busy on the rear or they put something weird, I sometimes wonder what goes in their mind.

OP's choice of 75D is totally fine if he doesn't like the default "Dual Motor". You know, everyone is unique and have different point of views.

Reactions: Jedi2155
Any badge besides the manufacturer logo is hideous, imo. I immediately remove any model or trim designations upon buying a car. They destroy visual symmetry, they're a pain in the butt to clean around, and I could not possibly care less if someone is impressed by what trim level my car is. I bought my car for me, not to please others.

However, if it pleases you to put a badge on? Go for it. It's your car.

People wanting to show off what model their car is (as if anyone else driving by would actually know or care about the difference) will always baffle me.

Do you see yourself enjoying your car less if you don't have a non-existant badge?

because people are just doing it to show off. showboating is obnoxious in general. A lot of people debadge their model S/X actually, not everyone wants the world to know they're driving a $150k car.
True, I wish people didn't think I bought a Tesla to show off. I love my car, but I hate flaunting the cost. I have no status anxiety, and just wish everyone had a Tesla.

I like the idea of a Model 3 badge to compliment the Dual Motors badging - the font/typeface for any of the Model 3 badges don't seem to match the Dual Motors font, hoping someone comes out with one that does.

And even then maybe it'll look off - hard to say. I'm not against it. Typically speaking as I get older I think whatever "stock" is how it should be left. Anything less and anything more can come off as try-hard.

I think the AWD badge is good. When you are out driving in a heavy snow it lets people know you are not a total idiot.
I'm sure most people around here will see "Dual Motor" as meaning it has a two cylinder engine.
Actually I love the "dual motor" badging. It's pretty cool to have two motors.
I doubt people with think dual motor means 2 cyclinder. Anyone who knows cars knows what Teslas are, and anyone who doesn't know cars doesn't know what cylinders are :)

I now realize how old and boring Tesla drivers are. We got a five page thread on BADGES. Think what would happen to our adult diapers if we had threads like:

1.) How does this neon underbody light go with my neon green paint job?
2.) I've always liked Altezza lights, now made for Tesla!
3.) How do you like my Dodge 2016 ACR Spoiler retrofit on my Model 3?
4.) Look at my sick AF body kit. I got more teeth than jaws.
5.) My Tesla is gonna be in the next Fast and the Furious movie!

I will keep the dual motor badge on for the occasional winter highway checkpoint. But one of the reasons we liked the P3D- was exactly because it looked like the other models. I don't like extra attention in the parking lot; I don't want my neighbors to know what I paid for my car. It's for me to enjoy and no one else; I hope everyone thinks it's a standard SD with wheel covers.

Seriously.

What's the big deal?
Why should anyone give a Rat's posterior what another person does with their car as long as it doesn't compromise the safety features? Re-badge it with Bugatti badges, who cares?
Mercedes star? Go for it!
Put a M3 on it from BMW? Cool!

I have a badge of the logo of my University on the back of mine. Why should you care? WAIT! I put a Carbon Fiber spoiler on my PLAIN 100D. That makes me a poser, right? Oh wait, I WANTED the 100D for the range...

Now. If I put any of this stuff on YOUR car, then you can care.....

Geez. This has to be the lamest thread on the whole forum.....