Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TSportline

Global Vendor
Many reservation holders have been pinging us about what we'll be offering in our Model 3 Wheel Collection.

Here's a couple teasers to get everyone as excited as we are.

WhatsApp Image 2017-08-04 at 4.01.55 PM.jpeg

MORE PICS HERE

WhatsApp Image 2017-08-01 at 2.31.16 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-08-04 at 4.16.55 PM.jpeg

MORE PICS HERE

Without a doubt, metallic gray turbines are the best wheels. Period. So if you will have 18" or 19" turbine for the M3, I'm sold.

Now pricing might be a peculiar proposition. It appears as though current pricing for the turbines for the S (~$1900 for 19" and $2200 for 20") is meant to undercut Tesla's offering on 21" turbines at $4500.

So seeing that for M3, the wheel upgrade is only $1500, I wonder if the plan is to also try to undercut Tesla again? Might be a tough sell with 19" M3 turbines for $1900 vs Tesla's 19" NON-TURBINES for $1500. But at the same time, tough to justify to S customers that M3 19" turbines are less expensive than S 19" turbines, even though they're roughly the same size.

Tough.

I'm in no matter what for metallic grey turbines and you just solidified my choice to go silver on my M3.

Any ballpark cost on the top wheels?

Without a doubt, metallic gray turbines are the best wheels. Period. So if you will have 18" or 19" turbine for the M3, I'm sold.

Now pricing might be a peculiar proposition. It appears as though current pricing for the turbines for the S (~$1900 for 19" and $2200 for 20") is meant to undercut Tesla's offering on 21" turbines at $4500.

So seeing that for M3, the wheel upgrade is only $1500, I wonder if the plan is to also try to undercut Tesla again? Might be a tough sell with 19" M3 turbines for $1900 vs Tesla's 19" NON-TURBINES for $1500. But at the same time, tough to justify to S customers that M3 19" turbines are less expensive than S 19" turbines, even though they're roughly the same size.

Tough.

I'm in no matter what for metallic grey turbines and you just solidified my choice to go silver on my M3.

Pricing TBD. We hear the community's opinions loud and clear!

Can you imagine how rough the ride would be... sheesh.

It's not just the ride....it's that, PLUS: higher rotating mass slows acceleration, increases braking distance, reduces vehicle range...not necessarily a lot for any of these, but definitely going in the wrong direction! At my prior car company employer (pre-retirement) the engineers would say, "Designers love big wheels. Engineers don't!"

HELLO! What about 18" wheels to replace those hideous Aero wheels? Not everybody wants to ride on 1" of rubber from road to rim. Anybody else want the smoother ride and other benefits of an 18"??

I'd agree that the formula for success here is pretty simple: offer a few different 18s that run the gamut from "pleasant-looking" to "bling-king", sit back and watch the cash flow in. (Maybe send Tesla a nice gift basket too?)

Seriously, just make a basic 18" silver turbine and I'm sold.