Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The turbine wheels look great! The only catch is being able to undercut the price of the factory options. Considering I will take delivery with the stock wheels, I am looking at needing new tires as well. If the wheels could come in close to $1000 a set, I think you would have trouble keeping them in stock. I was able to get a set of these Team Dynamics Pro-Race 1.2 (Gloss Anthracite) Alloy Wheels (Alloys) - Rimstyle.com in 18" with a custom offset (actually submitted the order directly to the factory in the UK) shipped over from the UK for $1,000 all included. I know the prices go up with the larger rim, but I should expect to pay far less to have it shipped from an US distributor.

Reactions: tracksyde
I haven't read every post on this thread nor other posts on wheels,\
I would think that as porsche has done in the past, either the OEM
or aftermarket manufacturer could hit a home run producing a lighter
weight wheel and comparing it to OEM weights, specifically with
range performance highlighted?

I would imagine a lighter weight larger wheel could equal OEM standard?

it would be nice to see a comparison of the unsprung weight factor!

It seems like the less metal they put between the rim and hub, the more they charge for wheels. Why is that? All that artistic design BS?

My wheels on my 3 will be getting torqued HARD, as hard as a small battery 5.6 0-60 can turn them. I don't do much going around corners hard at speed, but my 3 will be doing a lot of 0-60s, and the wheels need to be able to take it for 100K miles.

• Disagree
Reactions: RobertF
It seems like the less metal they put between the rim and hub, the more they charge for wheels. Why is that? All that artistic design BS?

My wheels on my 3 will be getting torqued HARD, as hard as a small battery 5.6 0-60 can turn them. I don't do much going around corners hard at speed, but my 3 will be doing a lot of 0-60s, and the wheels need to be able to take it for 100K miles.

I agree with your frustration on the surface, but have spoken to a few engineers and it does take a bit more math to figure out how to make something that looks good actually perform well. Does it cost $1,500 more in math per car?? Hell no! ... but it does cost more.

The weight of each wheel contributes to un-sprung weight ... the lower the better to improve steering response and handling.
In order of increasing performance ... gravity cast, low pressure cast, rotary forged, forged. High Performance is not cheap :cool:

Reactions: tracksyde
Are these wheels the same size/offset as the Model 3 sport wheels?

I've been wondering the same exact thing....but no one ever responds.

I spent some time at the Sportline website today and they have a whole line of TST Tesla Wheels (Turbine) for the S in 19" 20" & 21" sizes and 5 finishes. I imagine the bolt pattern will be the same for the Model 3, and if the offsets work out, we may already have some choices available for the Model 3 from that selection.

We have published our Model 3 Wheel Guide here.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Looking forward to your Model 3 offerings. Today I saw a Model S with the silver turbines and it looked AMAZING! Can you guys do a rendering of a Silver Model 3 with 19" Silver turbines?

Silver Model 3 with 19" Brilliant Silver TST Tesla Wheel

Tesla-Model-3-side-profile-carbon-fiber-sport-kit-wm-8.jpg

We have published our Model 3 Wheel Guide here.

Per the fitment guide it says the estimated PCD is 5x114.3mm . The model S has a PCD of 5x120mm. It would be strange for Tesla to use a different hub PCD on the model 3 than the X and S given they already have a supplier for the 5x120mm. I see that you are speculating the PCD will be smaller on the model 3. What is your basis for the speculation?

Reactions: garsh
Per the fitment guide it says the estimated PCD is 5x114.3mm . The model S has a PCD of 5x120mm. It would be strange for Tesla to use a different hub PCD on the model 3 than the X and S given they already have a supplier for the 5x120mm. I see that you are speculating the PCD will be smaller on the model 3. What is your basis for the speculation?
Hmm... that would be very interesting since it would mean I could keep the winter wheels from my STI. I bet they're really going to be 5x120 though.

Also, chronopc - nice photo! first time I've seen the 18s with an actual "hub" cap and it's tesla branded...

I agree.

TSportline said something about this a couple of weeks ago. Something to the effect of "from what we've been told it wont be 5x120", at which time I asked for more info and dont recall getting any more info. (Edit: here's the post: 19" Model S Wheels on a Model 3?)

However, you mention they are "speculating on the PCD".. but if you look at the wheel guide again, PCD is actually the one spec they dont have "(Speculated)" next to (well, that and tire size.. which we already know from photographs)

So it sounds like they believe this to be fact.

Last edited:
I agree.

TSportline said something about this a couple of weeks ago. Something to the effect of "from what we've been told it wont be 5x120", at which time I asked for more info and dont recall getting any more info. (Edit: here's the post: 19" Model S Wheels on a Model 3?)

However, you mention they are "speculating on the PCD".. but if you look at the wheel guide again, PCD is actually the one spec they dont have "(Speculated)" next to (well, that and tire size.. which we already know from photographs)

So it sounds like they believe this to be fact.

Thanks for clarification... for some reason I thought it also said 'speculating'. Bummer... in that case most likely Model S wheels will not fit.

On another forum, a wheel manufacturer "confirmed" the the PCD was 5x120 for TM3, which sounds logical to me.

It looks like the aero's are just covers.
2017-08-14.png
I've seen other pictures of these rims without the cover but they appeared to be silver. These rims appear to be darkened. Not usually a fan of darkened rims but I must say it makes for an incredible color combination on this car. Anyone have any idea how much it would cost to have the rims darkened if they do only come in silver?

Last edited: