Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hahaha. I dont know how they are doing it. In US, 19" went first and lot of people switched to 19s to get the delivery fast. here in Canda its the other way.

but anyway. keep in touch. we are in Windsor.

There is your answer, most likely they used up all their supply of 19" in the US push, they now have a bunch of 18" sitting around and is using it for the Canadian push.

Where did you read that? I sure hope so. But still no VIN for me.

I posted it on another forum. I emailed the Tesla delivery guys in BC who said they’d seen some BC VINs, however I’ve looked through all the spreadsheets and cannot see a single VIN outside Ontario, so not what’s reallly going on.

I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t slightly annoying to see people who reserved in 2017 and ordered weeks after me getting their VINs already....

Reactions: Muskol and pmich80
So I didn't fill in any insurance, not sure if that has anything to do with me not getting a VIN? Anyone else that got a VIN didn't fill out insurance?
I posted it on another forum. I emailed the Tesla delivery guys in BC who said they’d seen some BC VINs, however I’ve looked through all the spreadsheets and cannot see a single VIN outside Ontario, so not what’s reallly going on.

I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t slightly annoying to see people who reserved in 2017 and ordered weeks after me getting their VINs already....
I apologize for non-owner ordering July 7th 2017, configuring April 26th and receiving my VIN this morning. As a fellow Canadian I am very sorry.

Well everyone that got their VINS has 18" wheels.
I have the 19" and I'm kind of upset we're not included in the "first batch" of deliveries.

Yeah I'm upset here too. Literally seems like they had a bunch of 18" lying around since all the 19" went to the US and now they're giving it to the Canadians. Anyone know when they're resuming production? My order has a 4-8 delivery estimate but I'm not very hopeful at all.

Yeah I'm upset here too. Literally seems like they had a bunch of 18" lying around since all the 19" went to the US and now they're giving it to the Canadians. Anyone know when they're resuming production? My order has a 4-8 delivery estimate but I'm not very hopeful at all.
Ya not cool eh especially because I called them and they say looking good for 4-8 weeks. Then they called me Wednesday to say end of may , early June. Now I just hope for that at least. What are they telling you timing wise ?

Ya not cool eh especially because I called them and they say looking good for 4-8 weeks. Then they called me Wednesday to say end of may , early June. Now I just hope for that at least. What are they telling you timing wise ?

Wait what you have 19" wheels and they called you and said end of May early June? I haven't gotten a time yet the yorkdale location put me on hold for 45 minutes and I had to hang up. I guess everyone is calling to ask the same question.

Reserved August 2017
Configured April 26 2018
Red LR, Aero, PUP, EAP (w/ trade-in)

Vin 224xx

Congrats dude! Yeah if you ordered April 26 and already got a VIN it's 100% because of the 18" wheels. Well don't want to be that guy but I'm pretty upset.

Got the call 2 days ago still no Vin.
19inch wheels MSM.
Still no one with 19 wheels and a VIN?
A bit confused about this first batch second batch business. It seems like in the end we were all told to show up end of may , early June at some delivery event so does it matter what batch? Are they having an earlier event for batch 1 for example ?
I just think there's a big gap between invitees for March 22 and March 27 then the second group of people. So one would hope the early Invitees would get their cars first.

Wait what you have 19" wheels and they called you and said end of May early June? I haven't gotten a time yet the yorkdale location put me on hold for 45 minutes and I had to hang up. I guess everyone is calling to ask the same question.

Congrats dude! Yeah if you ordered April 26 and already got a VIN it's 100% because of the 18" wheels. Well don't want to be that guy but I'm pretty upset.

I just think there's a big gap between invitees for March 22 and March 27 then the second group of people. So one would hope the early Invitees would get their cars first.

Relex guys who has ordered sports rim, looks like all of us will be asked to go to Canadian delivery event which will happen late May early June before election. So it does not matter if you get VIN or not now, we are all in the same boat.

Relex guys who has ordered sports rim, looks like all of us will be asked to go to Canadian delivery event which will happen late May early June before election. So it does not matter if you get VIN or not now, we are all in the same boat.[/QUOT
That's what I figured. We'll get VINs early this week and everyone will be getting their cars together. (still stings a bit though LOL)

Reactions: 03DSG