Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got back from Oakville Tesla. There was a line up of M3's waiting for delivery! They have a M3 for test drive so I booked a spot--thought this was a good idea seeing as I have never bought a car without driving it! Configured the same M3 as u did...sales staff at Oakville had no idea how and when VIN's get assigned. She did say that the Feds vaguely described something about putting a rebate in place where the provincial govt left off...maybe retroactive...nonetheless that is a conversation for the other 190 page thread:eek: I was going to make a decision this weekend but now I'm waiting for after the test drive. Don't buy the idea that there is a clock on the refund button...until tesla reaches out to talk to me about this purchase and describes my options I'm going with the fact that others were given the option to refund why not me...when did the rules change and why wasn't I informed...but I think I'm buying anyways;)
Thanks for the update on Oakville, I thought about going down there this weekend but would only be for information sake. I am also buying no matter the rebate outcome. I have had the pleasure of driving my in laws M3 (they got theirs in June) and trust me you will not be disappointed in fact you will be more anxious to get your hands on one. It truly is amazing...

Reactions: jkirkwood001
one of 2 things happened to me today. Either Tesla has fixed the loophole that allows people to use a direct link to edit their order still (Tesla SSO – Login) or I have a vin on it's way. Can someone else try the link and let me know if it still works for them? Thanks.

What is this link supposed to allow you to do? It simply takes me to my account homepage which allows me to "Manage" my order. I haven't had the ability to "edit" for some time now but no VIN.

What is this link supposed to allow you to do? It simply takes me to my account homepage which allows me to "Manage" my order. I haven't had the ability to "edit" for some time now but no VIN.
well, up until today I was able to edit my order by using that link. Today, it would take me to my Manage page as well. I did ask someone in another thread a few hours ago if anyone could still use the link and he said that he could, so the link wasn't taken away by Tesla.

well, up until today I was able to edit my order by using that link. Today, it would take me to my Manage page as well. I did ask someone in another thread a few hours ago if anyone could still use the link and he said that he could, so the link wasn't taken away by Tesla.
Just to clarify, when i replied i meant it was working and it sent me to the Manage page. I haven't been able to edit since beginning of July.

What do people think the change in access to the Edit page means as far as delivery? I can't recall seeing an edit button, certainly not since I got a call from Tesla in early July to confirm my June 28 order. I'm in the "waiting for VIN" stage. No more Edit button = how many weeks?

Anyone got dates on Model 3 Performance orders? Here are mine:

Vancouver, BC

Reservation - June 5th, 2016...

Original (non- performance) notification to order received - Apr 26th, 2018...

Performance Model ordered - July 2nd, 2018 (missed the June 27th email - went to junk mail grrrr)...

Stated delivery date - Aug to Oct 2018...

VIN notification - TBC...

Delivery date - TBC...

Spec:

Obsidian Black...

Performance Upgrade w/black interior...

Enhanced Autopilot

Spoke to a rep for BC CEV the other day. He said that the incentive is reserved from the date the order is placed (paid the $3200) and valid for 3 months per the CEV site. He said if i ordered in June then I am guaranteed that I would get the 5K rebate (wouldn't give that to me in writing). Going to call again when the rebate goes lower or when my 3 months expiry is coming up to see if he can reserve the incentive again if I have not received my car.
Also, I was able to edit my design for my car all the way up until I changed my preference to no trade in. I had it set to pay in cash previously as well.
Black RWD
Day 1 online reservation holder
Order Confirmed June 27 (waited because I thought the white interior would be no additional fee since we paying premium already)

Spoke to a rep for BC CEV the other day. He said that the incentive is reserved from the date the order is placed (paid the $3200) and valid for 3 months per the CEV site. He said if i ordered in June then I am guaranteed that I would get the 5K rebate (wouldn't give that to me in writing). Going to call again when the rebate goes lower or when my 3 months expiry is coming up to see if he can reserve the incentive again if I have not received my car.
Also, I was able to edit my design for my car all the way up until I changed my preference to no trade in. I had it set to pay in cash previously as well.
Black RWD
Order Confirmed June 27 (waited because I thought the white interior would be no additional fee since we paying premium already)
I am also in BC and have the same config as you as same dates. Hopefully we will see something soon. It seems like a longer wait then I had hoped. Are you in Vancouver?

Black RWD

This is good information. If the CEV rebate is held for 3 months upon the 'order' date then that provides some comfort. What happens after 3 months? Does Tesla renew? Let's hope we don't have to wait that long. I ordered June 28.

Yes, I am. Hopefully we are due soon as I saw in another thread that someone had reserved in 2018, placed order same date as us, and received their car in Mid-July. Also in Vancouver.

Are you referring to the guy with the white rwd and 19's? I think he got someone else's that rejected delivery.

I not so sure that the funds will be guaranteed based on the order date. The rebate is written on the Bill of Sale which happens during delivery. Once the funds are exhaust, Tesla won't be able to recuperate the funds and will have to eat the cost.

Are you referring to the guy with the white rwd and 19's? I think he got someone else's that rejected delivery.

I not so sure that the funds will be guaranteed based on the order date. The rebate is written on the Bill of Sale which happens during delivery. Once the funds are exhaust, Tesla won't be able to recuperate the funds and will have to eat the cost.
Yeah no on knows when they will get their cars. Deliveries to Canada probably will be slower so all the Americans can get their $7500 tax credit.
I told the rep that I had placed my order in June and he asked if I had placed my $3200 deposit. I said I did and he said that it should be no problem then.
From CEV site:
  • A vehicle OEM order will be considered the day the order is accepted by the OEM and a deposit has been placed by customer to allow reservation of the vehicle incentive amount.
  • Incentive amounts will be reserved for up to 90 days for OEM order vehicles; if a vehicle sale is not completed within the 90 days, the reserved incentive funds for that vehicle will be re-allocated to the general incentive funds available. Incentive funds expended, reserved and remaining will be tracked on the CEVforBC website tracker.

I called the store at 4th ave, they are not even saying whether they have received any cars since the first batch or doing any delivery recently. I even told him we are seeing some model 3 sitting at Powell street lot (per fb group) and he just said we don't have that information.