Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 delivery estimator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, everybody. I noticed an error with Tesla owner priorities. It wasn't prioritizing them. I've fixed it now. Tesla owners who used the tool since 6th Oct should try it again.

@Weezer Fan. Looking at our signature, I see that you reserved on the 31st. I think that was a wise decision because now you have a shot at receiving full tax credits which will continue until either March 31st or June 30th, 2018. It will be one of these two dates. A third option is almost impossible. If you had waited one more day, the maximum you could get would be $3,750.

Last edited:
If your simulator has taught me anything (besides being a lot of fun and a way to make a few more weeks pass LOL!) it's that Tesla needs to be able to give a somewhat accurate delivery forecast depending on what options and configuration you choose.

If March is the cutoff for the $7500, they're going to sell a lot more 75Ds early on! The way the S and X is moving now I'll be happy if the $7500 credit actually lasts through 1st quarter of 2018! It might be more accurate to start calling it the realistic date, not the pessimistic one! :(

I'm gonna be like the kid who got the new toy that everyone else also wanted, but couldn't get because it was sold out!! I know it's petty, but I have never been the kid with the new toy. And I'm 52!!! LOL. (Don't judge me). :D

Well then it's high time I say! You only waited half a century. ;)

If there is anything that tempts me to use the Model 3 to drive Lyft/Uber like I do my Volt, it's the opportunity to be a brand ambassador. Especially in the first six months I got asked A LOT of questions (still get plenty).

I expect the Model 3 to increase this by a factor of 10, because not only is it all electric, it has a big advantage over the early Model S owners (who certainly inspired a ton of curiosity and still do) in that it's not like a Ferrari where everybody wants to gawk.This is a car that most people can actually OWN if they choose to. I hope that anyone with enough enthusiasm to put a deposit down two years in advance can carry that enthusiasm into lots of parking lot conversations, 10 second stoplight reviews, and even test drives with trusted acquaintances.

It's how a fellow churchmember with a Sig Model S hooked me!

Hi. Tesla recently added this statement to the Model 3 page:
Delivery estimate for new reservations is mid 2018 or later.

It looks like the ramp-up might be quicker than I previously expected so I updated the numbers. Check out the estimator again.

@schonelucht,
I updated the page here as well. The numbers are now closer to what you said. Btw, look at the "M3 Global" column instead of the Model 3/USA column.

I updated the page here as well. The numbers are now closer to what you said. Btw, look at the "M3 Global" column instead of the Model 3/USA column.

It's an interesting timeline for sure. On the one hand, Tesla said that the roll out of the model 3 will happen west to east coast and historically we know overseas orders happen at least 6 months after American orders (partially due to certification etc). But to maximise the federal credit, they can't deliver every model 3 in 2017 in the US because then the 200k milestone would fall at the end of the quarter.

Mine says Feb 15th, 2015. I would be ecstatic if that ended up being accurate. My current lease is up 5 days later. Although I really don't want to wait that long. I actually expect to get it a little sooner than that. If they're saying new orders will be delivered in mid 2018 how could a reservation placed before 10:30 am on 10/31 be delivered just a few months before that? Sure, I'm on the east coast but I chose a 75D. My SWAG would be December '17 or January '18.

Last edited: