Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 delivery estimator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. Because Tesla is now expecting a quicker ramp-up, this made the optimistic tax credits scenario much less likely because now they will hit 200K in the USA in Q4 2017. To avoid that, they would need to deliver 19K Model 3's outside the USA in Q4 2017. However, this is not likely because it has no financial benefit to Tesla and it contradicts their aim to have initial deliveries close to the factory in case there are problems and they need to ship new parts. What this means is, I have renamed the pessimistic tax credits scenario to realistic scenario.

Expecting a quicker ramp up where everything goes right and achieving a quicker ramp up in spite of all the many ways things might not go right are very different animals. It's an interesting adjustment in your algorithm, but I wouldn't count on anything nor lose any sleep over anything.
Robin

Here is the latest update:
  • During today's conference call at 20:12, Elon said, "We are still highly confident of reaching volume production in the second half of next year." You can listen to it here. Login details are not important. You can enter any info you want. Based on this latest info, the calculations on the estimator are still looking good and no changes are needed.
  • In today's shareholder letter Tesla said: "Last week, we announced that all newly produced Tesla vehicles have the hardware needed for full self-driving capability. This same capability will also be built into every Model 3."

OK, so unless I am doing something wrong, which is entirely possible, it is telling me to expect delivery in February 2019. I find this a bit hard to believe since Elon said earlier this month that if you weren't already reservation holders (which I had been for almost 6 months) not to expect your car before 2018.

Go figure.

Dan

Reactions: melindav
How early do we expect configure invitations to go out?
Based on the X info on Model tracker.com, invites for all production car reservations were sent about a month before delivery started for them. Invitations to configure went out 1/11/16 and the first was delivered in CA on 2/9/16. (Signature and founder reservations were earlier) There were significantly fewer X reservations though, so expect the invites to be staggered for the Model 3 and not all at the same time.
So while there are some saying they expect the design studio to be available months and months earlier than July 2017, I think they are dreaming. Employees may be invited to configure in July if all goes well. General public reservations likely will be a couple months later.

• Informative
Reactions: Snow Drift
Hi @Dan Detweiler. I can't get the estimator to show February 2019 in USA Eastern Time even if I enter today as the reservation date and select the lowest trim. I don't know what data you are entering but let me know if you want me to check.
April 25th reservation, Everything but Ludicrous (bigger battery, autonomous auto pilot, etc.)
Let me know what I'm doing wrong.
Thanks

Dan

I think I'm going to cry.

Finally some hint of the fact that I waited out in the rain on 3.31.16 for something special is coming true.

Early Tesla Model 3 reservation holders will have ‘something special’ to make their car stand out
Can't wait to find out what it is. Exclusive paint, wheels, or a badge maybe? BTW, I drove 3 1/2 hours to Cleveland to wait in the rain. I was amazed at the line when we (picked up 2 people in Buffalo and 1 in Erie, PA) got there.

Reactions: etm33