Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 delivery estimator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was "Early '18" and got pushed back to "Late '18". I find this absurd. It will be 2 and half years since I put down the deposit. This was supposed to be "an easier car to manufacture" because of all the reasons they gave over the past two years. This *sugar* should have been figured by now.

Reactions: DavidP and geometro
My apologies, I haven't read all 74 pages of this thread. If I were to place my reservation today for Model 3 LR...the estimator shows me delivery of March 25th, 2018/ 1 month and 18 days from today ... does that seem correct?

Reason I ask is, I might be able to see the Model 3 in person tomorrow, which might lead me to place a reservation.

Troy, thank you for creating and sharing this tool.

Cheers

Yes, you will get very quick delivery as long as you're willing to buy what you see tomorrow...LR with PUP. Welcome to Model 3!

Hey thanks..that would be fast. Watched a ton of videos on the Model 3, the idea of a smaller Tesla is enticing indeed...let's see how the first impression goes tomorrow :) If I am going to go for the Model 3, I should do it before the Fed credit expires in ~Sept.

I don't want to be rude, and I appreciate everyone who gets enthusiastic about Model 3, but do be aware you are on a forum full of people who put down deposits long long ago, and have been waiting years for the opportunity to order one. The "hey I just now decided I want a model 3 and Tesla said I can get one before you because I already own a Model S" doesn't come across so well, particularly with the big delays being added now.

I live in Vancouver, Canada. It changed mine from Late 218 to mid 2018.

What happened?

Attachments

• 2E16CB13-19B3-4919-8D02-DA87BE1AD0E8.jpeg
    2E16CB13-19B3-4919-8D02-DA87BE1AD0E8.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 87
I don't want to be rude, and I appreciate everyone who gets enthusiastic about Model 3, but do be aware you are on a forum full of people who put down deposits long long ago, and have been waiting years for the opportunity to order one. The "hey I just now decided I want a model 3 and Tesla said I can get one before you because I already own a Model S" doesn't come across so well, particularly with the big delays being added now.
Um, don't hate the player hate the game, right? Tesla has consistently said they will favor owners in gratitude for their past support, and in this case we have an owner who is willing to purchase the current configuration being offered, on the heels of an earnings release where Tesla confirmed a bias toward selling highest margin configuration ahead of lower margin configs. This fine Atlantan Tesla owner jumps ahead of me as well (non-owner), if he likes what he sees tomorrow (and he will). But I can begrudge him that; he didn't make the priority rules. I chose not to buy a Model S/X as a gateway drug to a faster Model 3 receipt; that's on me.

What I find interesting tonight is Tesla's announcement that they're prioritizing non-owner high margin deliveries over owner low margin deliveries. That's new news, and an indicator that Tesla values margin/vehicle, and enabling the ramp to continue unimpeded, over owner loyalty for a lower margin delivery. There may have been some interesting meetings/shouting matches at HQ over that decision during the past few weeks.

My apologies to everyone in line... if I came across as rude. Tomorrow I am going to take my car in for service, I was told they have Model 3s there. I was just questioning the accuracy of the tool...the estimator.

• Informative
Reactions: DR61 and UkrHog
Non-owner. #10 in line on March 31st, 2016 Northern California.

Been bumped to Mar-May for first production.
Late 2018 for both SR and AWD.

Looks like I will be cancelling my deposit. Have a lease on an EV and already extending for it 6 months. Was planning on AWD. Just can’t wait for almost 3 years. To say I’m disappointed is a understatement. Too many promises and way too little follow through on Tesla’s part.

A buddy of mine got an email saying that his delivery estimate was delayed. He's a non-owner, reserved mid-May 2016. I didn't get any email, but just for the heck of it, I checked my estimator and freakin'-A, it changed. I'm a Day 1 line-waiter (~45th in line) the morning of March 31, 2016, non-owner, East Coast. Original estimate (back when they changed it in Nov 2017):

upload_2018-2-7_23-26-44.png

New estimate:

upload_2018-2-7_23-27-23.png

Man, by the time I get my Model 3 (preferably SR AWD), my 2005 car will become a classic.

Frustrated, waiting just like the rest of us....

--Cintoman

Yeah, so this is starting to sting a bit. The whole thing seems like a bit of mis-alignment of supply/demand. There seems to be enough folks waiting for AWD or SR that don’t want first production and those that do want first but can’t configure. Not fun.

OTOH, a typical mfr would push out a few cars and let dealers charge massive markups. (I’m looking at you BMW M2, sir).

Gotta say, I prefer Tesla’s approach. Disappointing as it may currently feel.

Reactions: TEG