Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Delivery Rescheduled 3 HOURS before pickup. Can we get compensated?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...and I just got word my delivery was delayed again...only a few hours this time rather than a few days. No less irritating. I've found the pre-delivery experience to be less than world-class! Hoping tomorrow goes more smoothly.

...and I just got word my delivery was delayed again...only a few hours this time rather than a few days. No less irritating. I've found the pre-delivery experience to be less than world-class! Hoping tomorrow goes more smoothly.
Both of our Teslas have had disappointing deliveries compared to previous BMW, Audi, MB deliveries. The actual car is great, but you should have low expectations for post-purchase and service center experience.

I test drove a S last weekend in DC and the Tesla associate mentioned some of their team was sent to Canada to assist deliveries. It seems extra reinforcements are being brought in. This is definitely out of their comfort zone.

I recommend the OP call Tesla and explain the situation and request compensation in the form of some free service to make things right. There are plenty of examples on this forum where this was successful.

I understand how you would feel frustrated but stop being so negative! You are getting your car in just a few days! I would kill for even an invite at this point.
It is a completely reasonable thought to want to be compensated for their time. The OP purchased train tickets. Traveled hours. The sales team knew this ahead of time. It is irresponsible for tesla to schedule deliveries when the car isn’t even in their possession. I’ve never seen a normal car dealer call someone to set up an appointment before even having the car. I’ve been compensated by dealers if the car wasn’t washed before delivery due to it raining the day of delivery. I didn’t even ask for that. It is called good service.

It is a completely reasonable thought to want to be compensated for their time. The OP purchased train tickets. Traveled hours. The sales team knew this ahead of time. It is irresponsible for tesla to schedule deliveries when the car isn’t even in their possession. I’ve never seen a normal car dealer call someone to set up an appointment before even having the car. I’ve been compensated by dealers if the car wasn’t washed before delivery due to it raining the day of delivery. I didn’t even ask for that. It is called good service.

I honestly appreciate what Tesla is trying to do and am willing to make accommodations. But to call me the morning of the delivery and confirm that I need to bring my documents, certified cheque, etc etc and then after I've traveled 5 hours on a train, inform me that my car isn't even in the country is just unacceptable. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I'm not OK with losing an entire day of vacation and 5 hours of time to be told that I have to come back later.

Being told the car isn't available 3 hours before pickup is better than I've had with Mercedes!

When leasing my Mercedes B-Class a few years ago I talked with a dealer in Pleasanton to make a deal on the car I wanted. After getting agreement by phone I took a $90 Uber to get there, spent a couple of hours and did the paperwork. After everything was done, docs signed and money paid, only then... they told me they can't let me take the car on that day because it has some mandatory software update that needs to be applied, so it would take 5 more days!

Freshly waxed! Looks absolutely stunning
IMG_20180610_175154.jpg
IMG_20180610_175154.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Dana1
Hey everyone,

So I was scheduled to pick up my Model 3 from the Toronto location on Wednesday. I had to take time off work and take the train to Toronto (I live in Ottawa). Literally 3 hours before the pick up time, I got a call saying that my car had been delayed until at least Friday. I understand delays are common but to tell me 3 hours before my pick up time? That morning I had even received a confirmation phone call to remind me to bring everything I needed to register the car.

I was wondering if anyone else had this experience and if they were successful in getting some kind of compensation for their inconvenience. At the very least I would like my re-booked train tickets to be reimbursed. I was also thinking of asking for some Tesla accessories.
You can thank Trudeau. Our Dear Leader called Musk and told him to stick it to his Canadian customers. Sorry you got caught in the fallout.

Hey everyone,

So I was scheduled to pick up my Model 3 from the Toronto location on Wednesday. I had to take time off work and take the train to Toronto (I live in Ottawa). Literally 3 hours before the pick up time, I got a call saying that my car had been delayed until at least Friday. I understand delays are common but to tell me 3 hours before my pick up time? That morning I had even received a confirmation phone call to remind me to bring everything I needed to register the car.

I was wondering if anyone else had this experience and if they were successful in getting some kind of compensation for their inconvenience. At the very least I would like my re-booked train tickets to be reimbursed. I was also thinking of asking for some Tesla accessories.

I do think that this is very reasonable proposition. OP's situation with limited time off and all does apply to others as well. 3 hour call off is just not acceptable IMO and "stuff happens" excuse is just lame.

What if that happens again? "stuff happens", ah? Well, he would use 20% of his yearly time off for nothing.