Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you squint it kinda looks like that 911…
Not to anyone with a basic knowledge of cars. First, your car had aftermarket wheels (that happen to look like ones that ones could get on a 911), an aftermarket spoiler, and a few other visual queues.

Well, that and the fact that the 911 is a two door sport coupe and the 3 is a four-door sedan.

If I squint, my wife looks like that Scarlett Johansson (never mind that they have very different body types, hair color, etc.)

Completely new from what? It's going to be the new hairpin motor or a small revision of it. It only needs to hit 2.99 0-60.
This is 100% stock. It only needs .05 seconds from the current car’s time for them to advertise “2.99 seconds*”.

IMG_2638.png

* With 1 foot rollout subtracted.

Should be in the 2.5 - 2.7 range, especially if it's indeed equiped with the 5D1 motor. I believe Tesla is looking to make the quickest overall car in each segment.
S Plaid - quickest large sedan
X Plaid - quickest large SUV
3 Ludicrous - quickest mid sized sedan

I also think they plan to make all Plaid/Ludicrous vehicles quicker than all SR/LR variants, so the 3 Ludicrous will likely be quicker than even the S LR.

Is there any evidence that the battery is the limiting factor? I keep hearing this but no one ever supplies a source.

Should be in the 2.5 - 2.7 range, especially if it's indeed equiped with the 5D1 motor. I believe Tesla is looking to make the quickest overall car in each segment.
S Plaid - quickest large sedan
X Plaid - quickest large SUV
3 Ludicrous - quickest mid sized sedan

I also think they plan to make all Plaid/Ludicrous vehicles quicker than all SR/LR variants, so the 3 Ludicrous will likely be quicker than even the S LR.

Is there any evidence that the battery is the limiting factor? I keep hearing this but no one ever supplies a source.
You can run your own numbers from the cell data. For a manufacturer who has to warranty their battery packs, they don't want to send out a product that's going to bite them in the ass in 5 years.

Reactions: buckets0fun