Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not discussed as much as motors, brakes and suspension but a best pic I've seen of the seats so far and they look a lot more supportive.
It's the one thing that's really difficult to sort on the original M3P.
View attachment 1029251

Saw some other comments on reddit claiming that it's common for performance trim seats to have active ventilation.

Based on this photo I see no perforations. :(

If this is true I might have to go for the LR instead. I want the speed, but also really want ventilated seats.

Reactions: arkhos
There is almost no chance they will put an active suspension on the performance.
Hopefully it will have koni "active" dampers. Best case it would have koni yellows with a stepper motor to adjust rebound, but I doubt it.
I'm not talking about air suspension, just adjustable dampers. I'm not so sure that it costs that much to add. You'll find it as a not too expensive option on a lot of German cars and most of their performance models will have it as standard.

Drag racing is an American thing. You forget 90% of the rest of the world. Typical American...
Outside of a couple countries there don’t seem to be too many limits on aftermarket performance upgrades that don’t affect noise or emissions.

Regardless of Motorsport interest, many of us gearheads are very comfortable sorting out our own wheels, tires, brakes, and suspension, but there are few options to make Teslas outright faster in a straight line.

As others have said, yes, big brakes, fancy dampers, etc would be great, but upgrades like that are why the BMW M3s cost tens of thousands more than a Tesla M3P.

If they are going to improve performance in any major way, give us the one thing we can’t improve ourselves—power!

Saw some other comments on reddit claiming that it's common for performance trim seats to have active ventilation.

Based on this photo I see no perforations. :(

If this is true I might have to go for the LR instead. I want the speed, but also really want ventilated seats.
Earlier leaked photos for S sport seats are perforated:
1710783892718.png

This looks like a perforated seat to me. The side bolsters seem to be perforated, as well as the backrest, but not the upper left part.

There's quite a bit of noise in the picture though. Lets hope for the best :) I really need ventilation for those hot summer days.

View attachment 1029369
You could be correct, good spot!

Is that render from Tesla? Interesting that they have the rotors completely straight like the plaid and not with a stepped skew like most EV rotors including the 3d1 and 4d1
This is a generic picture of a drive unit with hairpin stator. I pulled it somewhere back in early 2023 when I needed a picture that shows the hairpin stator. I believe it is actually from a Taycan.

The internals, apart from the rotor, should match what you saw in the teardown of the 4D1. I have an internal confirmation that only the rotor and inverter were changed from 4D1 to 4D2/4D3.

This is a generic picture of a drive unit with hairpin stator. I pulled it somewhere back in early 2023 when I needed a picture that shows the hairpin stator. I believe it is actually from a Taycan.

The internals, apart from the rotor, should match what you saw in the teardown of the 4D1. I have an internal confirmation that only the rotor and inverter were changed from 4D1 to 4D2/4D3.
Upgrade potential for earlier cars?

• Funny
Reactions: phantasms